Jon Stewart on Tom Brady...EPIC

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree, but does it work the other way too? , do "liberals" ( you used the term "conservatives" ) say anything less than perfect? i would submit that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"?

You're missing the point I think, but yes, everyone says dumb schitt. It just seems like some of the crazier stuff comes from the right wingers and makes them easy targets for political satire.

And, to use a current example, if you truly believe that god will "abandon" the U.S. if the Supreme Court allows gay marriage, then we probably shouldn't be having a conversation anyway.

You're missing the point I think, but yes, everyone says dumb schitt. It just seems like some of the crazier stuff comes from the right wingers and makes them easy targets for political satire.

And, to use a current example, if you truly believe that god will "abandon" the U.S. if the Supreme Court allows gay marriage, then we probably shouldn't be having a conversation anyway.

you have a well informed opinion.. but.. it almost boarders on stereotyping. and we cant have that. painting every conservative with that brush is kind of unfair..IMHO

Edited by dwight in philly

you have a well informed opinion.. but.. it almost boarders on stereotyping. and we cant have that. painting every conservative with that brush is kind of unfair..IMHO

stereotyping?

I would say painting people who like Jon as liberals is stereotyping so should that be allowable?

please create a thread in the PPP so people can post non politically here.

"majority of those come from the right wing".. fact or opinion?

unfortunately for you fact

i agree, but does it work the other way too? , do "liberals" ( you used the term "conservatives" ) say anything less than perfect? i would submit that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"?

its satirical comedy. as a person labeled a liberal, yes, you have to laugh when this stuff happens.

back on subject

DEEZ NUTS!!!

Hater.

This is where i draw the line. name calling.

you should be ashamed.

Perhaps Common Sense ain't so common afterall...........

Isnt Common Sense some old book critiquing politics.

Thomas Payne wasnt it ?

<Sarcasm/> Ask Sodom and Gomorrah about that! Sorry couldn't resist </Sarcasm>

Retiring. Last show is August 6th.i know, but why will he be missed? i would submit that is a matter of opinion, i really do not find him particularly funny. IMHO

Oh it already did when Dwight in Philly, our resident blames-Obama-for-spilling-nacho-cheese-on-his-own-pants Republican, said he doesn't like Jon Stewart. Seriously, who doesn't like Jon Stewart? Saying a dude will be missed should not be a point of contention. And more important than politics, I think it's been agreed upon that calling someone a GOAT simply does not work as a complimentary acronym. well, i guess that is your opinion about whether this "has turned political".i just said i do not find jon stewart funny.. not sure where the "political" aspect comes from that.
Jon Stewart is a well known for his political satirie and general humor.....don't even pretend this most obvious of facts escapes you. E

People can say, "let's not stereotype" all they want but let me ask everyone this: If you heard tomorrow that a US congressman made some insanely archaic, deeply offensive, incredibly ignorant statement about women's innards and you had to bet your life if the guy was a Democrat or a Republican, which team would you bet he plays for?

that assumption is incorrect It has been stated correctly at least 3 times.

a majority of the show is political satire.

the side that goofs up the most gets mocked the most .

:beer:

:thumbsup:

Nice satire. Why is someone called "liberal" if they refuse to view or consider points of view that differ from their own? Ah, it has been stated here 3 times so it must be correct, eh? "The side that goofs up the most gets mocked the most"? Don't you mean that the side that is furthest from Stewart's point of view gets mocked the most?

I would suggest that you or anyone else who is taking political shots here (including me) take the argument to PPP so that this thread can truly be about a sometimes funny comedian eviscerating Tom Bundchen.

People can say, "let's not stereotype" all they want but let me ask everyone this: If you heard tomorrow that a US congressman made some insanely archaic, deeply offensive, incredibly ignorant statement about women's innards and you had to bet your life if the guy was a Democrat or a Republican, which team would you bet he plays for?

If you heard tomorrow about a U.S. congressman making a statement that he was concerned that Guam might tip over if we stationed more troops there, what team do you think that congressman plays for? Who said that we must pass a bill to see what's in it? Who said that we must extend unemployment benefits in order to keep unemployment levels down? What two term president thinks that we have 57 states and that Hawaii is in Asia? Just in case you think I've blown my wad on those I'll advise you that I'm hardly titillated, there's more to come if you choose.

Again, this discussion should probably go to PPP, where if you choose to call me an idiot the only points you'll get are if you actually make an intelligent point, and they won't be warning points. Let this post be an invitation to youins to take this argument to PPP and let Tommy get his due here. My subject line of the PPP post will be "Libs Who Can't Hack It Take Their Shots Elsewhere."

If you heard tomorrow about a U.S. congressman making a statement that he was concerned that Guam might tip over if we stationed more troops there, what team do you think that congressman plays for? Who said that we must pass a bill to see what's in it? Who said that we must extend unemployment benefits in order to keep unemployment levels down? What two term president thinks that we have 57 states and that Hawaii is in Asia? Just in case you think I've blown my wad on those I'll advise you that I'm hardly titillated, there's more to come if you choose.

Again, this discussion should probably go to PPP, where if you choose to call me an idiot the only points you'll get are if you actually make an intelligent point, and they won't be warning points. Let this post be an invitation to youins to take this argument to PPP and let Tommy get his due here. My subject line of the PPP post will be "Libs Who Can't Hack It Take Their Shots Elsewhere."

well stated..

Just so you know, I don't. I take people at face value of what they actually say and do -- I hate the labels.

fact? proof?

See thread in PPP

captain obvious says .... 0:)

Nice satire. Why is someone called "liberal" if they refuse to view or consider points of view that differ from their own? Ah, it has been stated here 3 times so it must be correct, eh? "The side that goofs up the most gets mocked the most"? Don't you mean that the side that is furthest from Stewart's point of view gets mocked the most?

I would suggest that you or anyone else who is taking political shots here (including me) take the argument to PPP so that this thread can truly be about a sometimes funny comedian eviscerating Tom Bundchen.

no the side that flubs the most gets the laughs

See thread in PPP

That was uncalled for.

Firstly, lighten up. Has anyone ever claimed otherwise and admitted to their own bias mid-argument? Affirming your objectivity is a waste of time.

Secondly, 2 pages ago you were more than comfortable tossing around labels as TBD's finest political minds squabbled about which of the two pre-packaged political platforms were marginally less embarrassing. Own it.

The only thing you're right about is that, yes, this discussion should've moved to ppp last week. I have no idea what you're talking about with the Guam thing- I'll have to look it up- but as far as said president's flubs, in the age of social media, it's a wonder with everything he's ever said publicly being recorded and documented that that silly "57 states" flub is still being invoked by you guys. As if the guy really thought there were 57 states. And I don't even know about this Hawaii in Asia flub but I'm sure you read about it on the drudge report and if you really believe that said president thinks the state he was born in is actually on the Asian continent then there's no use debating with you any further. The difference is that congressman who thought he disproved climate change by making a snowball during the warmest winter in recorded history- that was not a flub or a slip of the tongue. He really believed it. Go bills!

Firstly, lighten up. Has anyone ever claimed otherwise and admitted to their own bias mid-argument? Affirming your objectivity is a waste of time.

Secondly, 2 pages ago you were more than comfortable tossing around labels as TBD's finest political minds squabbled about which of the two pre-packaged political platforms were marginally less embarrassing. Own it.

I don't believe I've labeled any individual in this thread, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.

The only thing you're right about is that, yes, this discussion should've moved to ppp last week. I have no idea what you're talking about with the Guam thing- I'll have to look it up- but as far as said president's flubs, in the age of social media, it's a wonder with everything he's ever said publicly being recorded and documented that that silly "57 states" flub is still being invoked by you guys. As if the guy really thought there were 57 states. And I don't even know about this Hawaii in Asia flub but I'm sure you read about it on the drudge report and if you really believe that said president thinks the state he was born in is actually on the Asian continent then there's no use debating with you any further. The difference is that congressman who thought he disproved climate change by making a snowball during the warmest winter in recorded history- that was not a flub or a slip of the tongue. He really believed it. Go bills!

Yep, just as i stated. You libs still want to take your shots but also be able to hide behind TSW. I'll argue with you at PPP, but not here. The thread title down there where this is being discussed has the word "balls" in it, just in case you're interested.

Both.

any evidence to back up the fact?

i heard obama say "all 57 states" in an audio cut years ago, and the tired old bromides about drudge, fox news, cant you bring more than that?

Edited by dwight in philly

any evidence to back up the fact?

i heard obama say "all 57 states" in an audio cut years ago, and the tired old bromides about drudge, fox news, cant you bring more than that?

Don't argue more politics with them here. They have the built in protection of TSW and its rules regarding political discussion. (rightfully so, in my opinion) They need to come to the "balls" thread at PPP and have a fair fight. I wonder what's keeping them from doing that?

Don't know if this was already posted, I don't know if it's funny but, IMO, it's on point.

Nothing Olbermann has ever said has been funny or on point. He's a washed up old hag who acts and sounds like he suffers from constant PMS.

Don't argue more politics with them here. They have the built in protection of TSW and its rules regarding political discussion. (rightfully so, in my opinion) They need to come to the "balls" thread at PPP and have a fair fight. I wonder what's keeping them from doing that?

Nothing Olbermann has ever said has been funny or on point. He's a washed up old hag who acts and sounds like he suffers from constant PMS.

i did notice that lol! where are they?

how do i know which side i should defend or hell even stand upon.

I know i am cranky old man. but left /right ...lib /cons.

hell i dont like anyone and find very little funny.

whos team should i join i wonder

because i am pretty

Yes, all I hear are crickets down there in the "Balls" thread. Maybe I should edit it to the "No Balls" thread?

I've never even been on ppp. In fact, I've never even seen or looked for the link. I waste way too much of my time on here as it is. At least on here, every once in a blue moon, you can construct an argument in a manner that can lead people to change the way they think about things. I've worked in corporate America and debated conservatives for hours on end. It is futile for them as well as myself. Here is an argument I witnessed in the office once that sums up conservatives and their unwillingness to budge: guy #1: being gay is not a choice that people make. Guy #2: yes it is. Guy #1: hey gay guy, come here for a second. Did you ever decide to be gay or were you born the way you are. Gay guy: of course the latter. Guy #2: sorry, I don't believe you. Now what in the world can be gained from debating with someone like that? I've found it much more enjoyable and certainly much less frustrating to just sit back and make fun of people I disagree with politically with those whom I agree with rather than try and engage those with whom I will never see eye to eye. Which isn't to say that there aren't certain issues where I do agree with conservatives, but on those I don't, going on ppp certainly isn't gonna turn me into a birther or a gravity denier or whatever your cause d'jour is, much the same way I'm not gonna turn you into a tree hugger or one who sympathizes with the less fortunate or believes scientists over rush limbaugh. So let's keep it to football. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I've never even been on ppp. In fact, I've never even seen or looked for the link. I waste way too much of my time on here as it is. At least on here, every once in a blue moon, you can construct an argument in a manner that can lead people to change the way they think about things. I've worked in corporate America and debated conservatives for hours on end. It is futile for them as well as myself. Here is an argument I witnessed in the office once that sums up conservatives and their unwillingness to budge: guy #1: being gay is not a choice that people make. Guy #2: yes it is. Guy #1: hey gay guy, come here for a second. Did you ever decide to be gay or were you born the way you are. Gay guy: of course the latter. Guy #2: sorry, I don't believe you. Now what in the world can be gained from debating with someone like that? I've found it much more enjoyable and certainly much less frustrating to just sit back and make fun of people I disagree with politically with those whom I agree with rather than try and engage those with whom I will never see eye to eye. Which isn't to say that there aren't certain issues where I do agree with conservatives, but on those I don't, going on ppp certainly isn't gonna turn me into a birther or a gravity denier or whatever your cause d'jour is, much the same way I'm not gonna turn you into a tree hugger or one who sympathizes with the less fortunate or believes scientists over rush limbaugh. So let's keep it to football.

What do you think my point is? You guys take political shots here knowing full well that any response has to be neutered or very bland. My point is that you should stfu about politics here and post your schit at PPP and be willing to take the heat or be labeled as the balless person you represent. As far as the post above----are you just lying in the gutter drunk?

I've never even been on ppp. In fact, I've never even seen or looked for the link. I waste way too much of my time on here as it is. At least on here, every once in a blue moon, you can construct an argument in a manner that can lead people to change the way they think about things. I've worked in corporate America and debated conservatives for hours on end. It is futile for them as well as myself. Here is an argument I witnessed in the office once that sums up conservatives and their unwillingness to budge: guy #1: being gay is not a choice that people make. Guy #2: yes it is. Guy #1: hey gay guy, come here for a second. Did you ever decide to be gay or were you born the way you are. Gay guy: of course the latter. Guy #2: sorry, I don't believe you. Now what in the world can be gained from debating with someone like that? I've found it much more enjoyable and certainly much less frustrating to just sit back and make fun of people I disagree with politically with those whom I agree with rather than try and engage those with whom I will never see eye to eye. Which isn't to say that there aren't certain issues where I do agree with conservatives, but on those I don't, going on ppp certainly isn't gonna turn me into a birther or a gravity denier or whatever your cause d'jour is, much the same way I'm not gonna turn you into a tree hugger or one who sympathizes with the less fortunate or believes scientists over rush limbaugh. So let's keep it to football.

You can't reason someone out of a viewpoint that they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.