The Bickering Bills are Back!! **Rumor**

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of Rex Ryan WEO---"Because its on now"

In the words of Rex Ryan: "Excuse me ma'am, um, can I help you with anything?"....."you don't have to put your feet in, you can leave them out"....."you have really beautiful feet"..."you mind if I, uh....touch them?"...

In the words of Rex Ryan: "Excuse me ma'am, um, can I help you with anything?"....."you don't have to put your feet in, you can leave them out"....."you have really beautiful feet"..."you mind if I, uh....touch them?"...

:worthy:

phenomenal

Im hearing from a few different people, who all would have been close to the scene, that there was a fist fight Saturday night at Encore nightclub between Aaron Williams and.... Sammy Watkins!

Still trying to dig up details, but has anyone else heard about this? Thoughts if it turns out to be true?

If I find out this is definitely BS, I'll happily delete the thread. But 3 different people messaged me about it between last night and this morning.

****UPDATE****: It seems that there was no fight between Bills players, but rather a couple of players and some kids at the bar. Sounds like it got broken up quickly, and no major damage was done.

Crack Reporting like CNN and FOX

report then get details!! LOL

just bustin chops

7 pages on a non story WOW

Crack Reporting like CNN and FOX

report then get details!! LOL

just bustin chops

7 pages on a non story WOW

Hahaha, the only difference is that I was a bit embarrassed reporting it. The major news networks wouldve been PROUD. :thumbsup:

Im hearing from a few different people, who all would have been close to the scene, that there was a fist fight Saturday night at Encore nightclub between Aaron Williams and.... Sammy Watkins!

Still trying to dig up details, but has anyone else heard about this? Thoughts if it turns out to be true?

If I find out this is definitely BS, I'll happily delete the thread. But 3 different people messaged me about it between last night and this morning.

****UPDATE****: It seems that there was no fight between Bills players, but rather a couple of players and some kids at the bar. Sounds like it got broken up quickly, and no major damage was done.

Championship!

Update: PR move to make it seem like fights never happen between teammates.

Hahaha, the only difference is that I was a bit embarrassed reporting it. The major news networks wouldve been PROUD. :thumbsup:

To be fair, your put 'rumor' prominently in the title.

However, if you were secretly auditioning for a job at said networks, my apologies.

To be fair, your put 'rumor' prominently in the title.

However, if you were secretly auditioning for a job at said networks, my apologies.

If that were the case, I would have first tweeted the rumor, and then used that tweet as a source in my post which I would have stated as FACT! B-)

Rumors like this are usually he said/he said. There are multiple sides to every story and I'm not one to immediately believe a victim's story against an athlete without hearing the athletes point of view.

Having worked in many clubs I've seen a lot of people start stuff, only to turn around and blame someone else for the fight. Because the accused labeled Goodwin as an aggressor doesn't mean he was. Goodwin might think the same about the other person, and Goodwin might be right.

Some people also feel entitled when they see athletes that they can act a certain way and athletes just have to sit there and "take it". Some athletes don't, and that's where the trouble starts.

If it was something serious it would have made the news or police would have been called in. I can guarantee you if it didn't involve Bills players this would be an afterthought and the situation wouldn't be escalated. But because it involves millionaire athletes there is always thoughts of how one can benefit financially from "being attacked".

Rumors like this are usually he said/he said. There are multiple sides to every story and I'm not one to immediately believe a victim's story against an athlete without hearing the athletes point of view.

Having worked in many clubs I've seen a lot of people start stuff, only to turn around and blame someone else for the fight. Because the accused labeled Goodwin as an aggressor doesn't mean he was. Goodwin might think the same about the other person, and Goodwin might be right.

Some people also feel entitled when they see athletes that they can act a certain way and athletes just have to sit there and "take it". Some athletes don't, and that's where the trouble starts.

If it was something serious it would have made the news or police would have been called in. I can guarantee you if it didn't involve Bills players this would be an afterthought and the situation wouldn't be escalated. But because it involves millionaire athletes there is always thoughts of how one can benefit financially from "being attacked".

Just to be clear... The police were called... The bar closed early Saturday because of this incident. Part of the reason some involved don't want to pursue things further is because they are friends of the bar owners. Another reason is that they don't want the attention.

The group that the players were with turned on the bouncers looking to break things up. It wasn't some small fracas that went unnoticed and was quickly or quietly resolved.

I worked in the bar/club business for many many years. This wasn't your run of the mill dust up.

Just to be clear... The police were called... The bar closed early Saturday because of this incident. Part of the reason some involved don't want to pursue things further is because they are friends of the bar owners. Another reason is that they don't want the attention.

The group that the players were with turned on the bouncers looking to break things up. It wasn't some small fracas that went unnoticed and was quickly or quietly resolved.

I worked in the bar/club business for many many years. This wasn't your run of the mill dust up.

I have to think that was intentional phrasing on your part...so the players didn't turn on the bouncers, but some in their group did?

Imagine that scene if Richie Incognito was involved or Karlos Williams and Ronald Darby, good to see Rex recruiting La'El Collins, that would be the final piece to the puzzle.

Rex wants a bully

Be careful what you ask for

So it is OK for world class athletes to beat on the ordinary joes

And to be clear, my son works occasionally there so he has info, police were there to clear the place out and Encore shut down for the night

Again, I'm sure you are aware having worked in the bar business for many years that whenever alcohol is involved with multiple parties having a disagreement to a point of physicality that it's a he said/ he said. If you want to believe a person because they are your friend, that is your choice.

But being in the business as well a vast majority of altercations I've witnessed it's always the other guys fault. So unless you were present and heard exactly what the people said and witnessed exactly what happened, the only thing you can confirm is the story that one of the "victim's" is telling you. That's an opinion, not a confirmation.

Because police were called doesn't put the Bills players at fault. Because the bar closed early doesn't put the Bills players at fault.

You state that Robert Woods threatened to punch a woman in the face. Really??? How do you know? Let me guess, your friends said so. Should we now consider Robert Woods someone who is susceptible to domestic violence because your friends said so?

Bottom line, you heard a version of the story and decided to lay claim to it as truth. You took sides with the "victims" and are now building a case for them in a public forum. Your an attorney, so I'm sure that's a natural reaction for you. But in reality you don't know exactly what happened because you weren't there.

You keep repeating that your friends don't want to pursue anything further for "honorable" reasons, yet you sent them to their 2nd lawyer to speak with about this matter within a week (you being the first). That's the same contradicting line you hear whenever there is an incident involving an athlete. That screams, "let me see if I can get any money out of them if I promise to not take them to court or keep this out of the public eye."

Maybe your friends were innocent victims, and maybe they were the drunk aggressors. I wasn't there and I don't know.

And neither do you.

One thing is for sure, if they are talking to attorneys, its for money.

So it is OK for world class athletes to beat on the ordinary joes

And to be clear, my son works occasionally there so he has info, police were there to clear the place out and Encore shut down for the night

Is it OK for ordinary Joes to start trouble with athletes and then turn around and blame the players?

Players fight, this is football

I don't see why it matters...........

Football is controlled aggression and discipline, not fighting.

As for why it matters, from a pure football perspective, the NFL has a huge domestic violence issue they are wrestling with. If any of these players (or others that are on their way), cross the domestic violence line, the penalties are now quite severe.

I'm not saying anything that happened the other night at Encore will create a football issue (suspensions), but it's a warning sign that these players, this coach and our FO should take very seriously.

Ahhhh. The good old days. Reminds me of Bruce Smith in his misguided youth getting in fist fights at Mickey Rat's.

Maybe this will be a harbinger of good things to come.

1980 was a very good year. Including Haslett vs. Isiah R in the parking lot of the Pierced Arrow!

:lol::lol:

Great one! Good memories.

We need a new marketing tag line like the Bermuda Triangle.

Any ideas out there?

You've made many assumptions here...which is something that I don't do. Keep in mind the possibility of disinterested witnesses... Security cameras.

As I said it won't be pursued... Formally or informally.

As an attorney it's my job to advise individuals (not friends) of their options.

Any ideas out there?

They don't make nicknames like they used to, that's for sure.

I work as an Attorney in the financial industry...I advised them of their options and referred them to someone versed in this realm.

I am no legal expert but isn't this kind of a breach of client confidentialty coming on a message board & telling us this?

After living in both cities over 20 years each, he's right on the money. ;)

In La Woods can go to a bar & probably noone even recognizes him. In Buffalo a much different story. Smalls towns could be good sometimes but have their downsides also.

Edited by Gordio

They are not his clients; he referred them to someone else.

Be he did advise them of their options. I don't know the position in the US but under the Solicitors' Regulation Authority code in the UK that would create a legitimate expectation of confidentiality.

Be he did advise them of their options. I don't know the position in the US but under the Solicitors' Regulation Authority code in the UK that would create a legitimate expectation of confidentiality.

Nothing said was privileged or confidential...

In the UK if someone sought your advice in your professional capacity and you gave said advice there would be an expectation of confidentiality whether the material in question is in and of itself privileged or confidential in nature. I don't pretend for a second to know what the position is in America and I am certainly not seeking to question your professional conduct.

Any ideas out there?

How about "The Dirty Dozen"? Rex can lead the charge in Lee Marvin's role as Major Reisman, only rename him Major Rexman. A bunch of outcasts led by a maverick Major on a do or die mission.

Next time take Incognito with you guys. At least he would have looked after all your sissies .

Thats why he did not go. someone has to set a good example !

stay home , meditate, work out and yoga.

Damn Kids. its football season. not spring f'n break. i hope daddy Rex gives them what for!