LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

Is this confirmed? Because It seems like miami wants the same thing and since the Bills have at least publically said all spots on the line are open for competition I think they could have an edge of they told him he had a chance at the starting LT or RT job . Doesn't mean he unseats Cordy or Seantrel by the time the season starts but at least keep it open. I think in Miami for instance Branden Albert is locked into that LT spot.

I haven't seen a quote stating it...no. Only this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/04/bills-dolphins-courting-lael-collins/

A league source tells PFT that Bills coach Rex Ryan has traveled to Baton Rouge to visit Collins. Ryan is particularly interested in converting Collins to guard.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/04/bills-dolphins-courting-lael-collins/

A league source tells PFT that Bills coach Rex Ryan has traveled to Baton Rouge to visit Collins. Ryan is particularly interested in converting Collins to guard.

hmmmm that won't help recruitment imo but he needs to do what's best for the team

If Collins wants to play tackle, I'd have to believe Rex told him he'll have the opportunity to play tackle. Given the Dolphins are set with Albert & James, I don't see them being in a same position to offer that opportunity. That seems like an agenda driven piece of misinformation intended to level the playing ground.

If Collins wants to play tackle, I'd have to believe Rex told him he'll have the opportunity to play tackle. Given the Dolphins are set with Albert & James, I don't see them being in a same position to offer that opportunity. That seems like an agenda driven piece of misinformation intended to level the playing ground.

I would think that Ryan's pitch would sound a lot like this:

- We're a team on the rise

- We have competition at 3 OL spots, including OT

- We have as much talent as any other team in the NFL

- We have one of the best OL coaches in the game

Also:

-I'm not Joe Philbin

If we land Collins that would just be the icing on the cake. This team WILL be a force to be reckoned with.

Only if Collins is a psychopath and commited the murders and was found not guilty.

If he is innocent of the charges--how could anyone--who had this terrible thing happen to him/her possibly be able to move on and excel in life and work-- without years of healing and therapy.

And, if you go to Miami I'll ensure my DL puts a dent in your next payout, Tyson Clabo style

I think I have the pitch for La'el.

We're the team of second chances. We're a team that was nearly ripped out of its home when our owner died, only to be saved my someone devoted to keeping it here.

Our head coach is a brilliant defensive mind who was hung out to dry by his GM in a media hungry town. Rex now says that one way or the other, this is his last head coaching job.

Our OC is an incredible innovator who lost out on a HC job because his team did too well, and then was caught in the crossfire from his bosses bickering. EJ was badly mishandled and disowned by his last coach. Incognito and Harvin are trying to resurrect their careers despite being massively talented. Shady got cast out by a coach with an overblown ego.

Everyone gets a fresh start. Everyone gets a clean slate in a time when that is an increasingly rare thing. A second chance. Don't screw it up.

- We have as many players from the Southeast as any other team in the league, there's definitely a distinct southern flavor with the squad where a kid from Baton Rouge should feel right at home.

- Every other team in the league passed you in the first round (let him bring up Seattle), we never got the chance, you were at the top of our board but we knew you deserved a first round pick and pay day.

- The national media isn't going to be tracking your every move in Buffalo. Ed Werder isn't going to be parking the ESPN van in your driveway.

And, if you go to Miami I'll ensure my DL puts a dent in your next payout, Tyson Clabo style

Hah!

Also: listen kid, we need an all-pro to put a pounding on Ndamukong Suh and the Jets' quartet of DLmen.

Never underestimate the value of feeling needed!

our owner will pay the most.....

Pretty sure all money that can be on the table will be on the table. Any team that wants Collins has to do their best to pay him like he was an upper 1st rd pick. So its going to come down to where he wants to play.

Buffalo is cold and might be the most unattractive to a UDFA from the deep south who can have his pick

I hate to throw cold water on this whole thing, but I think the Bills, and every other team, need to proceed slowly and with extreme caution.

The facts, as I understand them, are that the girl becomes pregnant and tells Collins that the baby might be his. He ends contact with her. Then, just days before he is set to get drafted in the 1st Rd and become an overnight multimillionaire, she answers a knock on her front door and is shot multiple times in the torso.

She dies and later the baby dies also. Collins has an alibi that he is an hour away at a Pelicans NBA game.Does not mean that he didn't pay to have her shot.

Now Occam's Razor would suggest that the guy that would have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support each year for 21 years is the most likely suspect for a murder that surely seems to have targeted the unborn child. It seems quite possible that Collins is the new Rae Carruth.

Now, I hope he is innocent and the police completely put him in the clear, but until that happens I can't let myself start to dream on how he may solidify our line.

Agree or disagree?

Edited by ChevyVanMiller