UDFAs

they didn't offer him a contract afterward, they just had him in for a "tryout" so they could have someone eligible to throw at rookie camp. What I meant was they didn't sign him for that right away. I think it was a few days after the draft.

He was IIRC "treated differently." We may be saying the same thing, I'm not sure. Kenny G was an unsigned invitee to the rookie camp compared to the other UDFA's who had signed with the team.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch Chandler play and can provide insight? Seems like a promising signing since we need OTs.

I will invite the other Raleigh/Durham locals to chime in...this is from watching NC State games this year. The last two years he has been strictly a RT he has a massive frame with super long arms--even for his height. This makes him tough to get around. He uses his leverage and strength well in the run game but is slow to get into pass blocking position--relying too much on his arms -- which likely won't cut it in the pros. I can't ever recall seeing him to get to the second level in the run game. So bottom line -- More of an interior prospect than a tackle to me but lets see what happens.

Edited by Formerly Joe F

I will invite the other Raleigh/Durham locals to chime in...this is from watching NC State games this year. The last two years he has been strictly a RT he has a massive frame with super long arms--even for his height. This makes him tough to get around. He uses his leverage and strength well in the run game but is slow to get into pass blocking position--relying too much on his arms -- which likely won't cut it in the pros. I can't ever recall seeing him to get to the second level in the run game. So bottom line -- More of an interior prospect than a tackle to me but lets see what happens.

Thanks

Who you want? Let's goooo

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2015-nfl-undrafted-free-agents

This will give you everyone Bills are signing

What QBs are left?

Justin Hamilton DL ULL

Cam Thomas CB Western Kentucky

AJ Tarpley LB Stanford

Clay Burton TE Florida

BJ Larsen LB Utah State

Cedric Reed DE Texas

Andrew Hudson DE Washington

Spencer Roth P Baylor

Merrill Noel DB Wake Forest

Andre Davis WR South Florida

Tyson Chandler OT NC State

Not trying to be an ass, but pinning this thread but not updating the first post to have an updated list is madness.

I could read all 7 pages... I could goto another website to track it... But I get a ton of Bills news from this site. If I have some time, and not on my phone, maybe I'll get a list started for the OP.

Not trying to be an ass, but pinning this thread but not updating the first post to have an updated list is madness.

I could read all 7 pages... I could goto another website to track it... But I get a ton of Bills news from this site. If I have some time, and not on my phone, maybe I'll get a list started for the OP.

i didn't pin it :) Just started a thread to discuss UDFAs.

writeup on Cedric Reed

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2014/09/2015-nfl-draft-prospect-to-watch-cedric-reed-de-texas/

One attribute that is impossible to abdicate from Reed is his wingspan. His arms allow him to reach for the tackle when others simply cannot. He has well above average length and upper body strength, and it masks his lack of ideal quickness and burst.

Edited by Aaron

@pdomo: NFL exec told me UDFA money got out of hand after the draft. There's an $86,000 cap on FA signing bonus money, but teams were. . .

@pdomo: . . . getting around the limit by splitting signing bonus and Paragraph 5 (base salary) guarantees. There's no limit on Paragraph 5 money.

@pdomo: NFL exec told me UDFA money got out of hand after the draft. There's an $86,000 cap on FA signing bonus money, but teams were. . .

@pdomo: . . . getting around the limit by splitting signing bonus and Paragraph 5 (base salary) guarantees. There's no limit on Paragraph 5 money.

this is very interesting. I hope we are on the phone with Collins agent telling him we are ready once he's cleared. He prob has the best chance at starting immediately here. Plus blocking for McCoy makes any OL look better.