Cutting Fred With Dignity

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown will be gone before Fred.

Jackson is going no where his year. Stop this nonsense.

The biggest hint of Brown's tenuous roster status was Rex saying he'll remember his name when he stops fumbling the ball. That said quite a bit to me.

why cut brown? hes 24, faster, bigger, getting better....

Brown has been nothing but hype since he has been drafted. He's had 2 good games in his career.

And bigger, stronger, faster Brown averaged less yards per carry than old, slow, weak Jackson last year.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

If Fred gets cut I honestly might cry. He's the heart and soul of this team and my absolute favorite player. He goes all out every play and sacrifices everything on the field. What a story too. I know that everyone's time comes, but not now for Fred. Please not now. #InFredible

Edited by NextYearGuys

Has the time come?

If he gets outperformed in camp, then yes. That hasn't happened yet. So the time hasn't come. Fred always comes through. I wouldn't expect this year to be any different. Although this is his last season w/the Bills one way or the other.

besides the fumble, brown in the kc game offered the explosive running we needed. fred wasnt getting it done, he play dropped off. still effective, but hes not the same. hes constantly breaking down getting hurt.

someone will pick him up

I know this is your opinion, but please back it up with a little substance or fact. Jackson and Watkins were second only to the defense in reasons the bills went 9-7. Fred was getting it done all year long with 49 first downs and over 1000 total yards.

Edited by What a Tuel

i think freddy is too important to this team, on the field and in the locker room, to let him go. if anyone has ever earned the right to experience playoff football, it is fred jackson. let him go out on his own terms, with his head held high and a taste of january football.

Edited by swnybillsfan

When we're down 5 in the 4th quarter against the Patriots on 4th and 9, and Bryce Brown gets stopped 2 yards short, we'll regret we cut Fred Jackson. That's all I have to say.

Edited by musichunch

When we're down 5 in the 4th quarter against the Patriots on 4th and 9, and Bryce Brown gets stopped 2 yards short, we'll regret we cut Fred Jackson. That's all I have to say.

hate to post this, but this quote reminded me of a specific game. sadly

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000093109/Fred-Jackson-s-second-fumble

All RB's fumble. Fred was/is a dynamite overachiever for us for years. I think he should get a fair shake in TC. If he still has anything left to offer it would be great to see him ride off after a playoff victory @ home.

hate to post this, but this quote reminded me of a specific game. sadly

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000093109/Fred-Jackson-s-second-fumble

All RB's fumble. Fred was/is a dynamite overachiever for us for years. I think he should get a fair shake in TC. If he still has anything left to offer it would be great to see him ride off after a playoff victory @ home.

You got the stiff arm to help us win the Bears game? :)

why cut brown? hes 24, faster, bigger, getting better....

brown doesn't have the leadership qualities fred has, and williams and dixon are ST contributers. Brown isn't that talented. He needs a big running start to run well and that doesn't fit our scheme very well. Plus rex doesn't seem to like him much

Brown is talented, but most expendable RB on the team. Pegula wants fred to stay, fred will stay, even if it isn't for the best

I would cut Brown AND Dixon to keep Fred for one more year. Those guys are easily replaceable, Fred is not.

Boobie knows Roman's system and is a valuable ST contributor. He'll be on the team this year. It's Bryce Brown, as many have stated, who's on very shaky ground.