London game will be streamed on Yahoo

I have sunday ticket and the Jets vs Phins game was not broadcasted by them.

It was a nationally televised game on CBS meaning if the game is broadcast on local TV it will not be broadcast on Sunday ticket

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my fire tv stick it's not listed as an app

Search for just Yahoo not Yahoo Screen and download the Yahoo app, the description will say Enjoy Free unlimited instant streaming and even mentions the Bills Jax game

I just added it to my Fire TV. I also added it to my Roku in case one plays better than the other but I have a feeling this will be a disaster all around.

Edited by Max997

While we are at it, I will miss the second half and was hoping to record on DVR. Is that possible with Yahoo? How do you do that. If not will there be a replay on NFL network sometime?

I have been wondering about this too. After it starts, will the stream be up, such that it would be a video we can start from the beginning? I feel like you can do that with some of the bball games I have seen on watch ESPN app.

I have been wondering about this too. After it starts, will the stream be up, such that it would be a video we can start from the beginning? I feel like you can do that with some of the bball games I have seen on watch ESPN app.

If it's similar to when they have concerts, I don't believe so, you join "in progress".

Source? All indications up to this point have been that the game will only be carried in the BUF and JAX markets.

The press release said it was Buffalo and Jacksonville only. Rochester fans will have to stream.

Isn't Rochester in the Buffalo market?

The Buffalo market means WIVB.

The press release said it was Buffalo and Jacksonville only. Rochester fans will have to stream.

The Buffalo market means WIVB.

I thought that the local broadcast market is defined by a 75 mile radius?

It was a nationally televised game on CBS meaning if the game is broadcast on local TV it will not be broadcast on Sunday ticket

I have to believe those rules/guidelines should not apply to Sunday Ticket consumers outside the U.S.

If you have directv and live outside of buffalo but are worried about the streaming nonsense, just do what i've done every year from my rochester home to get every blacked out game for the past 15 years.

(I dont mind sharing this now because they finally stopped blacking out games so this technique would normally not be needed anymore, but in this case it will help if you have a sub par streaming situation)

Call direct tv and tell them you are going to be staying at your cottage in buffalo for awhile, and you brought your receiver and your dish off your house with you. You'll need to have a buffalo address so go to whitepages and find any address in buffalo. Tell them to keep your billing address the same but they need to switch your INSTALL address to buffalo so you can get the local channels while you are staying there. Rv's and cottagers do this all the time.

If they say they need to send a tech out to install your dish just say you already did it, and you are in buffalo standing in front of your tv with a good signal, but you want them to switch on the buffalo local channels.

Remember they have no idea where in the world you are, nor do they really care. Be sure to stay on the phone until you actually see the local channels change to buffalo.

Now you can watch it in hd and record it like any normal game. Call em up the next day and say you are back home please switch your install address to your normal billing address. All done.

I live in roch and used this method to get around all blackouts by calling in a watertown ny address (outside blackout zone but still close enough that they televised bills games).

This method might not work if you are hundreds of miles way from Buffalo because im pretty sure dtv spot-broadcasts, meaning they probably wouldnt send a signal for buffalo locals to florida. As long as you are fairly close, like WNY or at least in the line of broadcast (any point from the satellite wedge which probably looks like a pie shape from san diego to maine)

Edited by Webster Guy

Is there a way to TEST you system before te game? I would hate to have the game start only for yahoo to tell me I need to update my flash player or some BS the. Restart my computer and miss the first quarter.

I'm sure Yahoo has other videos out there you can try and play now to see how it works. I'm also assuming there will be some type of pre game going on that will be streaming live through Yahoo as well.

I added the app to my Fire TV and Roku and although I didn't try any there are a bunch of videos listed to try.

I hv big concerns about Yahoo being able to handle the amount of people trying to stream this game which is why I was hoping they would hv done a trial run with another game or at least a preseason game. Hopefully I'm wrong

Edited by Max997

If you have directv and live outside of buffalo but are worried about the streaming nonsense, just do what i've done every year from my rochester home to get every blacked out game for the past 15 years.

(I dont mind sharing this now because they finally stopped blacking out games so this technique would normally not be needed anymore, but in this case it will help if you have a sub par streaming situation)

Call direct tv and tell them you are going to be staying at your cottage in buffalo for awhile, and you brought your receiver and your dish off your house with you. You'll need to have a buffalo address so go to whitepages and find any address in buffalo. Tell them to keep your billing address the same but they need to switch your INSTALL address to buffalo so you can get the local channels while you are staying there. Rv's and cottagers do this all the time.

If they say they need to send a tech out to install your dish just say you already did it, and you are in buffalo standing in front of your tv with a good signal, but you want them to switch on the buffalo local channels.

Remember they have no idea where in the world you are, nor do they really care. Be sure to stay on the phone until you actually see the local channels change to buffalo.

Now you can watch it in hd and record it like any normal game. Call em up the next day and say you are back home please switch your install address to your normal billing address. All done.

I live in roch and used this method to get around all blackouts by calling in a watertown ny address (outside blackout zone but still close enough that they televised bills games).

This method might not work if you are hundreds of miles way from Buffalo because im pretty sure dtv spot-broadcasts, meaning they probably wouldnt send a signal for buffalo locals to florida. As long as you are fairly close, like WNY or at least in the line of broadcast (any point from the satellite wedge which probably looks like a pie shape from san diego to maine)

Dang-- very shrewd!!

It sure beats what I did when I lived in Rochester-- got the 'ole antenna out and tried to pick up fuzzy Syracuse channels when there was a blackout.

Years ago when you could still do this, I had a smartcard writer and I changed my zipcode on the card to one in Utica. Bada bing, no blackout. Had to change it back after the game though or I would be stuck watching Utica local news instead of Rochesters ;)

I still need to record. Does anyone think that Directv will change your card to local Buffalo for this game. When I moved from Boston to CT a number of years ago, I still had the local Boston channels until I called and asked them to switch it.

Yeah they will do a download and system reset, then you should have full Buff locals. But only if the install address you give them is in Buff.

Like I said earlier, make sure you stay on the phone through the install location reset, there are a few times the DTV people don't do it right and you keep seeing your regular local channels

Dang-- very shrewd!!

It sure beats what I did when I lived in Rochester-- got the 'ole antenna out and tried to pick up fuzzy Syracuse channels when there was a blackout.

JR you would be able to get around the spot broadcast if you're in Pitt because it's in line with the satellite (SW of Buff).

details here.... https://nflstream.yahoo.com/

how to watch... https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sports-news/SLN26708.html?impressions=true

personally, i'll fire it up on my galaxy s6 and chromecast it to my living room TV. I'm assuming it will be available in the Yahoo! Sports app (formerly sportacular). I just hope it's HD quality, and 60fps. I do this with the NFL GamePass app (to watch Bills games) and the quality is excellent.

Edited by pi2000

how to watch... https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sports-news/SLN26708.html?impressions=true

personally, i'll fire it up on my galaxy s6 and chromecast it to my living room TV. I'm assuming it will be available in the Yahoo! Sports app (formerly sportacular). I just hope it's HD quality, and 60fps. I do this with the NFL GamePass app (to watch Bills games) and the quality is excellent.

So does chromecast turn your TV into a 'smart' TV or does it just let you use your TV as a big monitor for your phone/computer?

Thanks! Is it a bad omen that the "help" link is broken? If Yahoo's goal was to make me hate them, this move is paying off! I don't think I should need an extra degree to be able to watch a football game.

I'm sure Yahoo has other videos out there you can try and play now to see how it works. I'm also assuming there will be some type of pre game going on that will be streaming live through Yahoo as well.

I added the app to my Fire TV and Roku and although I didn't try any there are a bunch of videos listed to try.

I hv big concerns about Yahoo being able to handle the amount of people trying to stream this game which is why I was hoping they would hv done a trial run with another game or at least a preseason game. Hopefully I'm wrong

Yeah, I bet that will be the issue if anything. Demand on the bandwidth. Too bad we have to be the guinea pigs.

The game will be streamed on all devices that can get www.yahoo.com/nflstream.

The site is already set up and you can set it to remind you too.

So you have to create an account and give them all your info? They ask for name, email, cell number, DOB and gender. Is any of that optional? All of it optional (and still see the game)? Then I guess we unsubsribe from all the crap that comes your way? Yahoo is not making me love them.

i might try this see if the spot beam works in Raleigh. If so may leave one receiver always setup,for buffalo install address get free Sabres games and might not need Sunday ticket

So you have to create an account and give them all your info? They ask for name, email, cell number, DOB and gender. Is any of that optional? All of it optional (and still see the game)? Then I guess we unsubsribe from all the crap that comes your way? Yahoo is not making me love them.

Who says you have to give them your real data? I give them fake info and use an email account established specifically to sign up for these types of things.

Who says you have to give them your real data? I give them fake info and use an email account established specifically to sign up for these types of things.

I have my work email, my personal email, and our joint "junk email". I guess I need a "super junk" email... that's where this would fit. I don't want to sign up for one more thing. I may check the local Bills bar status, but the early start and local liquor laws may present a problem. Some don't open until they can serve.

Edited by Augie

i might try this see if the spot beam works in Raleigh. If so may leave one receiver always setup,for buffalo install address get free Sabres games and might not need Sunday ticket

Webster:

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately I live in Tampa so this won't work. As long as I can watch over coffee on my laptop, I'm fine.

Let me know if it does.... I'm also bleeding Buffalo but planted firmly in Raleigh.

Anyone have a Roku stick and know how to watch Sunday? Yahoo's Roku directions say to pull up Yahoo from the web streaming category on the Roku home screen, but my stick doesn't even show a web streaming category.

I did load the Yahoo Screen app but I'm not sure if that will show the game come Sunday.