Who is the #3 Back? Boobie or Brown

I have a feeling it's going to depend on need, and who's healthy. Brown is more like McCoy in how he runs, imo... while FredEx and Boobie are more the bruiser/tough yard guys, especially since Fred has been focusing on strength the last couple of seasons.

Edited by Dorkington

The 3rd back is between Jackson and Boobie. Time to move on man. I am guessing this Fred Jackson's Buffalo farewell tour this year.

People keep saying that, and mathematically, looking at his age, it makes sense. But there's no proof on the field that he's slowing down. Not saying he's gonna last forever, but he has atleast 2-3 years left.

People keep saying that, and mathematically, looking at his age, it makes sense. But there's no proof on the field that he's slowing down. Not saying he's gonna last forever, but he has atleast 2-3 years left.

I think he is showing some signs, the problem with most running backs though , is that sometimes there is a pretty sudden drop off. It could happen this summer. This will likely be his last season. But he is special, I wouldn't count him out.

Edited by klos63

I think he is showing some signs, the problem with most running backs though , is that sometimes there is a pretty sudden drop off. It could happen this summer. This will likely be his last season.

I agree we need the insurance just in case that happens, and he has slightly dropped. But dudes still a beast with atleast two years left. Plus what he provides the locker room is invaluable.

Buffalo Joe, i respectfully disagree. i love Fred as most of us do. I love his leadership. My only jersey I've ever owned in 47 years is Fred's. With that said, he looked slower last year. He just didn't have that burst he's had in the past. You can postulate a RB best friend is Guards as they create cut back lanes, so I'll give you that as we know we had the worst Guards in football outside of the Bucs. I just see Fred having his swan song this year, goes out with pride, and on top. I see him announcing his retirement, and if we win that last game, I see his teammates carrying him off on their shoulders as they should leaving like "Rudy".

I hope that's the way it ends and he retires vs. keeps fighting. If we get Lupatti, and with Incognito, we end up having a much better running game, and it wasn't him, great, but I doubt it.

McCoy and Fred as it stands. Although I'm hoping they draft a guy in the 3rd. I don't think Boobie should be carrying the ball unless it's short yardage. Brown hasn't shown anything as of yet to even be on the team unfortunately

Boobie has already played in a Greg Roman offense, and he basically played FB. So I think it'll shake out as 1. McCoy 2. Jackson 3. Brown. But really it'll be more like 2a and 2b, keeping Freddy rested for the long haul of a season and the playoffs!

I think Freddie is the relief guy.....and would fit well in that role sitting behind another star RB.

but

When was the last time Fred was actually able to stay healthy for an entire season even when platooning? This is where Bryce Brown comes into play.

As for as Boobie Dixon? AWESOME special teams and short yardage player.

I think all 4 will be kept.....for one more year.

Jackson will be cut as a cost savings measure.

Our waterbug will not be back, obviously.

1. McCoy

2. Brown

3. Dixon

Imo

Jackson will not be cut. He may be gently removed at best.

and i would be surprised Bills don't draft one and make a strong effort get him into the rotation. If OTA and camp go well enough.

whos the FB ?

Jackson will not be cut. He may be gently removed at best.and i would be surprised Bills don't draft one and make a strong effort get him into the rotation. If OTA and camp go well enough.

whos the FB ?

Yeah, they may give the dignity of retiring but he will NOT be back for camp.

2.7 m is a big cap hit.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

Yeah, they may give the dignity of retiring but he will NOT be back for camp.

Imo

Thats fair. I hope they do it decently. he has earned every bit of that.

Its time for Fred to move on. sad but true.

I get the sense that Mr. Jackson will be coaxed into "retirement."

I dunno. Just a hunch.

Yeah, Fred should not be cut. Retirement may well come and if not, I see him going on IR at some point in the year. Boobie helps on special teams. We spent a draft pick for Brown so why cut him and gamble on another pick lost? Let's hope other teams are picking RB in a deep year at the position, leaving some studs at other positions for us. Edited by Augie

I assume that you expect Fred to be #2. I wouldn't count on that. Fred is barely going to be on the field assuming he is even on the team. Best case for him is to be #3. And thank god. Maybe our offense can move the ball a little bit better now.

This is absolutely ridiculous if true. The fact he hasn't spoken up on twitter recently makes me think something like this might happen.

Fact: Fred was way better than Bryce Brown last year, and now we're going to cut him? Yes, he's old in terms of conventional running backs, but he actually has LESS career carries than McCoy.

This definitely makes the team weaker next year. So much for the win-now mentality.

I assume that you expect Fred to be #2. I wouldn't count on that. Fred is barely going to be on the field assuming he is even on the team. Best case for him is to be #3. And thank god. Maybe our offense can move the ball a little bit better now.

I knew you'd be here spewing that. Fred did look at bit off last year but people have been saying Fred is done for literally for years. I will believe it when I see it, he has been injured the last couple of years, I just hope he can stay healthy. Shady too since our eggs are in that basket now.

Edit actually re reading what you wrote... I am not sure what you meant.

Edited by bowery4

McCoy and Dixon are a lock to be 1 and 2 in 2015. Dixon is a FB and his special teams effectiveness makes him valuable.

The draft will dictate where Brown and Jackson will be. Because of the RB depth in the draft they still could pick one late in the draft if the value is there.

2015 will be a "best player available" in areas of need for the Bills. The draft will focus on depth and development as there will likely not be an impact player of need available at the Bills CURRENT draft position in Round 2. TE is the most likely position to be drafted first.

They will draft a QB.

The priority will always be on keeping the inside strong so beyond the obvious needs on the OL some may be surprised by the focus placed on the D-Line.

David Harris is a lock at LB and Revis or McCourty will likely end up in Buffalo.

I really think the Bills will go after Iupati and continue to develop last year's draft picks on the OL. You do not trade for McCoy and not spend to maximize his value by getting buys to open holes.