Would you root for the Patriots if Brady says he'll retire..

If Brady said he'd retire if they win the Superbowl, would you cheer them on??

I'd feel dirty and cheap; I think I'd rather have a regular season shot at him than to have him walk off into the sunset knowing he got the best of us.

No. He'd probably have his fingers crossed behind his back when he said it anyway.

No. Brady can do whatever the hell he wants. Whether he stays or goes I want us to kick the living **** out of whoever we play. I want to beat teams at their very best. Doesn't matter to me who's on the field for our opponents. We need to just do our job and win.

No. Brady can do whatever the hell he wants. Whether he stays or goes I want us to kick the living **** out of whoever we play. I want to beat teams at their very best. Doesn't matter to me who's on the field for our opponents. We need to just do our job and win.

Correct. When do we stop looking for help and other teams to lose or have misfortune and accomplish something ourselves? If you want to see the Bills on national tv and in the playoffs, they need to earn it. Brady is a hell of a quarterback and his coach is the best. We need to deal with it on our own terms.

If it meant Brady retired I'd root for them in a heartbeat. I don't care what anyone says about "wanting to beat them with Brady so it's more honorable or meaningful" or whatever. People seem to get lost and unaware when we're watching it happen before our eyes, but people looking back will grasp the situation much better; it's simply unfair that the Bills have had to have Brady in their division for 15 years. We're not talking about a good or great QB. We're talking about someone who will probably go down as the best QB in the history of the sport. That's like being a professional boxer and having to fight Muhhamod Ali twice a year for 15 years straight or playing baseball and pitching to Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle every game for a decade and a half. When people talk about the first decade in the NFL of the 21st century 30 YEARS FROM NOW Tom Brady will be a legend and the Bills will be a tragic footnote, only worth mentioning because we contributed to all of his records.

The next evolutionary step for the Bills and every other AFCE team simply cannot begin until Brady is gone, regardless of how much we want to romanticize about finally toppling the giant through our own roster's talent and cunning. And unfortunately that's probably still 3-4 years away.

So yeah, I'd root for the Pats if it meant he'd retire. I'd get his number tattooed on my ass if it meant he'd retire after this season.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

If it meant Brady retired I'd root for them in a heartbeat. I don't care what anyone says about "wanting to beat them with Brady so it's more honorable or meaningful" or whatever. People seem to get lost and unaware when we're watching it happen before our eyes, but people looking back will grasp the situation much better; it's simply unfair that the Bills have had to have Brady in their division for 15 years. We're not talking about a good or great QB. We're talking about someone who will probably go down as the best QB in the history of the sport. That's like being a professional boxer and having to fight Muhhamod Ali twice a year for 15 years straight or playing baseball and pitching to Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle every game for a decade and a half. When people talk about the first decade in the NFL of the 21st century 30 YEARS FROM NOW Tom Brady will be a legend and the Bills will be a tragic footnote, only worth mentioning because we contributed to all of his records.

The next evolutionary step for the Bills and every other AFCE team simply cannot begin until Brady is gone, regardless of how much we want to romanticize about finally toppling the giant through our own roster's talent and cunning. And unfortunately that's probably still 3-4 years away.

So yeah, I'd root for the Pats if it meant he'd retire. I'd get his number tattooed on my ass if it meant he'd retire after this season.

Damn...you almost convinced me to cheer for the Pats...but nahhhhh.

I'm rooting for him anyway because as much as we hate him for beating us all the time, he is still great and and a fierce competitior, which is something we desperately need at the position. Plus I usuaslly root for AFC.

Would you rather get stabbed or shot in the head?

Stabbed

I'm cheering them on. Can't stand Sherman, Lynch and their schtick.

Listening to "boss" is all the time is annoying, guy drives me nuts and hope he gets fined for being himself.

If Brady said he'd retire if they win the Superbowl, would you cheer them on??

I'd feel dirty and cheap; I think I'd rather have a regular season shot at him than to have him walk off into the sunset knowing he got the best of us.

would you tug on Superman's cape? Spit into the wind?

What kind of person asks if I would root for the pats?

I'm cheering them on. Can't stand Sherman, Lynch and their schtick.

I am with ya. I can't believe Seatle was spouting off after the game " no one believed in us" crap. Yep, that's why you were favored by a huge margin.

Jesus, do they need praise that much? Sick of that team and attitude. I am so sick of their "schtick" I am actually rooting for Brady.

Fug the Seahawks. Fug Wilson and his " I called the shot" after the shot. Fug Doug Baldwin , mediocre ass player acting like an all star.

Go Pats

Also, I am going to have to boycot all media as they make Sherman out to be a "warrior"'who will fight through whatever injury he has .... argh can already hear the " gunna have to amputate the arm before I miss the game" crap for two weeks.

Plus he knows he will have a built in excuse when Brady torches him.

Edited by plenzmd1

No. I want the pats to win the SB, just so we can beat them while they are on top.

My hate for Brady is because he's a Pat. So, I hate the pats, not Brady.... But while Brady is a Pat, I hate him. If he retired, Brady would be nothing to me, and I would still hate that pats.

Edited by JaxBills

Damn...you almost convinced me to cheer for the Pats...but nahhhhh.

All I'm saying is that IF he was guaranteed to retire if they won the bowl this year I'd happily root for them to get him out of the league and end his reign of terror. Nobody is going to remember the 15 year playoff drought of the Bills(except us). They're going to remember Tom Brady. Nobody is going to look back and have expected the Bills to do well when Tom Brady was in their division. People don't talk about how crappy the goalies were that Wayne Gretzky scored on or how bad the pitchers were that were pitching to Babe Ruth. Our 15(+?) years of failure will all be summed up in one lump category of "the time when Tom Brady dominated the AFC" and we won't get out of that shadow until he retires.

Some of you can talk all the bravado you want about never rooting for the Pats. That's fine. I personally think it's in the best interests of the Buffalo Bills going forward to have NE win the SuperBowl and "quench their thirst" for another Brady/Belichek era title. I'm not cheering for them...but if they win it won't bother me. You see if winning the SB makes New England slightly less hungry next season, I'll take it. It might be subliminal, but teams do get a little fat & happy after winning the Big Game. Brady is not getting any younger...this is obviously his best chance at another ring much like it was for Manning in last years SB.

I'd consider almost anything if "BringBackFergy" never opened another new thread again.... but I won't do that...

You mad bro?

All I'm saying is that IF he was guaranteed to retire if they won the bowl this year I'd happily root for them to get him out of the league and end his reign of terror. Nobody is going to remember the 15 year playoff drought of the Bills(except us). They're going to remember Tom Brady. Nobody is going to look back and have expected the Bills to do well when Tom Brady was in their division. People don't talk about how crappy the goalies were that Wayne Gretzky scored on or how bad the pitchers were that were pitching to Babe Ruth. Our 15(+?) years of failure will all be summed up in one lump category of "the time when Tom Brady dominated the AFC" and we won't get out of that shadow until he retires.

I see your point...really I do. BUT I would feel dirty cheering on Brady. I just don't have it in me.