Jets hire Todd Bowles

FluffHead

I'm still on record as wanting Bowles or Quinn. I think both would have done well in Buffalo or NY with the current personnel.

I'm happy with Rex. Don't recall many in game mistakes. I also believe the only way to beat Brady is to blitz him mercilessly.

So far it is a tie and the real battle will be Roman vs Gailey and EJ vs Smith.

Similar to Gailey saying that, unlike other places he has been fired from, he will always root for the a Buffalo Bills, I will always root for Chan Gailey. He was a class act, and I'm very glad to see him land on his feet as OC. I don't like how close it is to the Bills, as I will have to root for his failure twice per year, but I'm happy for him.

He was all class and certainly knew how to maximize limited offensive talent. I recall reading about him insisting on addressing the team after being fired, and doing so while crying.

This also sets the NY papers up for a "Toilet Bowles" headline at some point.

They must be salivating in anticipation. Edited by SmokinES3

@AlbertBreer: Jets were impressed with, among other things, the staff ideas Todd Bowles had. Chan Gailey a strong possibility to be offensive coordinator.

that's a line-up I would really get excited about. our new OC just has too many question marks.

It's going to be amusing watching Saint Doug walking around in a Houston Texans visor "consulting" Bill O'Brien. Fug him.

Oh, and anybody who follows Adam Schein on Twitter (@adamschein) should keep constantly asking him why Marrone doesn't have a HC gig yet.

They're flipping out on the Jets' message board about Gailey. Gailey is actually a good choice. Especially for a team that has little offensive talent. He'll scheme them into some production and points.

Yeah, for about 4 or 5 weeks then will get shut down and not be able to adjust.

This also sets the NY papers up for a "Toilet Bowles" headline at some point.

Bowles Jets' flushed out.

or, if they play a boring game in Cleveland... Bowles upset over Browns mess

I wonder if the Seahawk coordinators will be left out in the cold.

They probably will. If Seattle wins this weekend, can they not talk to other teams again until after the Super Bowl? I don't doubt the teams with coaching vacancies want to get things rolling now and waiting for the Seattle coordinators (should they get to the SB) would actually hurt them with scouting and draft prep.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Re Marrone, presumably he can bring Schwartz in tow, which would make him more appealing in a place like Chicago, which is very defensive minded historically.

I highly doubt Schwartz has any particular loyalty to Marrone, they had never worked together before last year when Whaley brought him in. They are hardly a pair, Schwartz will go to the best place for him...of course CHI is certainly an option given their 4-3 personnel. I doubt Marrone gets a HC gig in the NFL this year though, too many other good candidates still out there.

So much for all the talk of Dan Quinn being the shoe in for the NYETS HC job

I'm guessing it's a combination of Bowles having a decent interview, along with the Jets becoming "antsy" about having to potentially wait another 2.5 weeks to get their man.

If you held a gun to their heads they'd probably still say they wanted Quinn.

Jerky, Please tell me when was the last time any NFL team swept anybody twice in a year.

PS, You guys will hate Rex by November.

My own informal poll suggests there are a majority of Jets fans who wish Rex was still their HC -- so I'm not going to take that comment very seriously.

Similar to Gailey saying that, unlike other places he has been fired from, he will always root for the a Buffalo Bills, I will always root for Chan Gailey. He was a class act, and I'm very glad to see him land on his feet as OC. I don't like how close it is to the Bills, as I will have to root for his failure twice per year, but I'm happy for him.

This^^

Chan might still be in Buffalo if he had selected a solid DC

Marrone is interviewing with Bears, if he can bring Schwartz along with him he could appeal to them. Chicago needs to get back to that whole monsters of the midway thing.

I would be interested to know how Schwartz feels about Marrone. Marrone cost his entire staff a job this year IMO. I think Schwartz along with other Bills assistants will be hired but not necessarily with Marrone.

My predictions at this point:

Quinn - Falcons HC

Schwartz - Giants DC

Fox - Bears HC

Lebau - Cardinals DC

Kubiak - Broncos HC

Del Rio - Oakland HC

I really have no clue where Marrone ends up and who the 49ers (I haven't heard ANYTHING about their search) hire

Edited by Chuck Wagon

I'm guessing it's a combination of Bowles having a decent interview, along with the Jets becoming "antsy" about having to potentially wait another 2.5 weeks to get their man.

If you held a gun to their heads they'd probably still say they wanted Quinn.

A Jets fan I work was sure that the Quinn hiring was set in gold!

Jerky, (a) Please tell me when was the last time any NFL team swept anybody twice in a year.

PS, (b) You guys will hate Rex by November.

(a) The Putrids over the Bills, The Bills sweeps over the NYETS, and vise versa for a short time

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/head-to-head.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=buf&tm2=nyj&yr=all

Baltimore over the BunGals

Baltimore over the Brownies

(b)many hate him already... your point other than being a troll?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that what happens to Marrone is what happened to Ted Nolan -- frozen out by all the teams in the league after being HC for a Buffalo team -- although Nolan did not deserve that situation. But Marrone does deserve it. What team wants a guy with such a poor sense of loyalty? What coaching assistants and coordinators will sign up to work for a guy who shafted his staff in Buffalo so badly?

Also, Nolan was canned after great success, Coach of the Year if I'm not mistaken. Marrone, not so much. Wasted a great defense by his offensive incompetence.

Edited by Utah John

I wonder if the Seahawk coordinators will be left out in the cold.

I bet Quinn ends up in ATL

I have no idea how Todd Bowles will do, but right now I'd take Rex Ryan over him without hesitation.

I think Bowles is a great hire for the JETS. Prob didn't want to wait on Quinn to see him snatched up by ATL, or have ATL take Bowles, and Chicago take Quinn.

My predictions at this point:

Quinn - Falcons HC

Schwartz - Giants DC

Fox - Bears HC

Lebau - Cardinals DC

Kubiak - Broncos HC

Del Rio - Oakland HC

I really have no clue where Marrone ends up and who the 49ers (I haven't heard ANYTHING about their search) hire

At this point I'm thinking the 49ers want to take either of the Seattle coordinators.

I would be interested to know how Schwartz feels about Marrone. Marrone cost his entire staff a job this year IMO. I think Schwartz along with other Bills assistants will be hired but not necessarily with Marrone.

I wonder if Hackett will stay with the Bills as a position coach. If not, my guess is he returns to college. He was apparently decent at recruiting.

Re Marrone, presumably he can bring Schwartz in tow, which would make him more appealing in a place like Chicago, which is very defensive minded historically.

Schwartz sure knows how to defend against NFC North teams, too.

A Jets fan I work was sure that the Quinn hiring was set in gold!

(a) The Putrids over the Bills, The Bills sweeps over the NYETS, and vise versa for a short time

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/head-to-head.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=buf&tm2=nyj&yr=all

Baltimore over the BunGals

Baltimore over the Brownies

(b)many hate him already... your point other than being a troll?

So.........Are you telling me that one team can actually sweep another team twice in one year. And giving links to prove it? Really?

BTW, I think the Jets made a terrible hire in Bowles plus I am not trolling when I say you will hate Rex by November. You will see. Marrone will end up looking like Lombardi compared to this buffoon.

Hahaha this will be great sweeping the Jets twice a year.

Still waiting to hear how you can sweep a team twice a year. Please do explain.