Jets hire Todd Bowles

FluffHead

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing you can count on is the Jets being the Jets. I think Bowles is amazingly overrated and don't see how he is an improvement over Rex.

I also just don't get the Gailey love from a lot of Bills fans. Were we watching the same games? The two comeback games were great but other than that what was there? He is an arrogant coach who thinks the system is more important than the players and relies way too much on the pick play by the slot receiver throwing the slant to the outside receiver. How many times did we all scream as he continued to call pass plays on third and short when the two best players on offense were Fred and Spiller?

I do however like that he designs plays to get receivers open instead of having them run routes hoping they get open but overall he calls a lot of the same plays over and over most of which take place within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. I can easily see Stevie joining Gailey though if he ends up being cut by the 49ers which would make things even more interesting.

Edited by Max997

Similar to Gailey saying that, unlike other places he has been fired from, he will always root for the a Buffalo Bills, I will always root for Chan Gailey. He was a class act, and I'm very glad to see him land on his feet as OC. I don't like how close it is to the Bills, as I will have to root for his failure twice per year, but I'm happy for him.

They're flipping out on the Jets' message board about Gailey. Gailey is actually a good choice. Especially for a team that has little offensive talent. He'll scheme them into some production and points.

Hopefully he doesn't get his hands on Spiller...yikes...

Marrone is interviewing with Bears, if he can bring Schwartz along with him he could appeal to them. Chicago needs to get back to that whole monsters of the midway thing.

Speculation here in Colorado is that John Fox is headed to the Bears -- in fact, that he'd already made some initial contacts with them during the Broncos wasted bye week. Let's hope so -- anything to freeze out Doug Marrone!

Marrone is interviewing with Bears, if he can bring Schwartz along with him he could appeal to them. Chicago needs to get back to that whole monsters of the midway thing.

I think Schwartz is going to end up in Washington or maybe Giants. It wouldn't surprise me if he had some hard feelings towards Marrone as he prob would hv been back in consideration for HC jobs after another strong season with Bills but will now hv to start over with a less talented team.

I am really starting to think Marrone will have to return to college to get another head coaching gig which I'm sure is not what he had in mind when he opted out from Bills

Edited by Max997