There are NO good Qbs available

Buffalo Boy

I dare you to mention one descent QB who is currently a UFA. I know someone mentioned Sanchez in another post. We have him, younger and cheaper = EJ.

The fact is, there are no QBs available, coming available or draft able that are worth giving up picks for. Again, I say ; "This season was a complete waste in terms of playing Orton, missing the playoffs and not getting EJ experience."

The only two QBs I would like to see them bring in, CHEAP, are Mallett or Matt Moore. I'm not singing their praises but they are the best/most intriguing of a piss poor lot.

I see training camp opening next year with a new OC and Ej in a battle with someone. Who that someone is remains to be seen. If Hackett remains, it won't matter who is under center.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare you to mention one descent QB who is currently a UFA. I know someone mentioned Sanchez in another post. We have him, younger and cheaper = EJ.

The fact is, there are no QBs available, coming available or draft able that are worth giving up picks for. Again, I say ; "This season was a complete waste in terms of playing Orton, missing the playoffs and not getting EJ experience."

The only two QBs I would like to see them bring in, CHEAP, are Mallett or Matt Moore. I'm not singing their praises but they are the best/most intriguing of a piss poor lot.

I see training camp opening next year with a new OC and Ej in a battle with someone. Who that someone is remains to be seen. If Hackett remains, it won't matter who is under center.

I'm willing to give Mallett a shot, but let him compete with EJ. Manuel hasn't exactly lit up the NFL, but I think he should be given one more chance to win the job.

Down for Mallett and Moore

We are at the point where we need a competent game manager, with accuracy and mobility, who can get the ball into Sammy's hands. Quite simply, there are no Aaron Rodgers' available....so upgrade where we can. I am just not convinced EJ is accurate enough to be competent.

We are at the point where we need a competent game manager, with accuracy and mobility, who can get the ball into Sammy's hands. Quite simply, there are no Aaron Rodgers' available....so upgrade where we can. I am just not convinced EJ is accurate enough to be competent.

It's about pairing a 3rd tier guy with the right OC/scheme and hoping he plays like a 2nd tier guy- given choosing kolb, ej and orton as their guys (and loving tuel).... I'm not sure what hackett marrone want out of the position but hopefully they find the match

Edited by NoSaint

Just as an FYI...Mallet is a crack head who runs like Frankenstein. He is not an option.

I think Bradford is the only real option and that is if he doesn't sign with the Rams....which I think he will. Every else has major questions about their ability IMO. Bradford's question is obviously health. RG3? IDK. NOT MALLET OR SANCHEZ.

Been saying this for a while. There is a real drought of QB talent in the NFL.

most all are better than EJ And EJ will never amount to anything. So options are this, do the trade for Cutler or Bradford (both >>>>>>>>than EJ will ever be) or find a way to get one in the draft.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Cousins. Bradford would be the best of the bunch if he becomes available but I think STL will keep him. Other than him, Mallett would me my #2 choice followed by Sanchez. Then draft a QB in Rd3 or 4 and have a competition with EJ and Tuel also in the mix. The best man wins. Similar to the Seattle competition with Flynn, Whitehurst and Wilson. Nobody expected Wilson to win that competition the way he did and be the week 1 starter.

most all are better than EJ And EJ will never amount to anything. So options are this, do the trade for Cutler or Bradford (both >>>>>>>>than EJ will ever be) or find a way to get one in the draft.

I forget, did EJ bang your wife or mom? The crusade has just been going on for so long I can't remember...

Defense seems to be in good shape. Promising young talent at some skill positions on offense. Keep building a strong offensive team via O line and running backs. And maybe we can get one of the middeling QB's that are perenially available to click.

In my eyes, thats our best hope to boost QB play, and improve on our 9-7 record next year. A punishing running game.

Edited by mastershake

9-7 for the 1st time in years!!!

Look at how defeatist Bills fans are. People calling for changes in the FO, Coach... this is just silly. We just missed the playoffs people. A rebuild takes time and this one looks like it is working.

Find us a decent QB... all we needs is slightly better than Orton/Manuel and we are off and running. Mallet might be that guy. Bradford too.

9-7 for the 1st time in years!!!

Look at how defeatist Bills fans are. People calling for changes in the FO, Coach... this is just silly. We just missed the playoffs people. A rebuild takes time and this one looks like it is working.

Find us a decent QB... all we needs is slightly better than Orton/Manuel and we are off and running. Mallet might be that guy. Bradford too.

Thank you for your service in Iraq. Seriously. While you were there Mallet was stateside smoking crack so he might not be the best option. If StL doesn't sign Bradford I'd be in.

Sam Bradford, Nick Foles, Mike Glennon. THosse are the only QB's I would bother with. I am not saying there Jim Kelly, but only thing out there.

Seriously, please, enlighten me as to what the huge fascination with Mike Glennon is...

I mean, he's not absolutely inept but he ain't a winner nor a proven commodity. Realistically, I'm sticking with EJ if it's between what's been shown between those two QB's at the same point in their career.

i would take RG3 and have EJ back him up

A-ha! Good one!

I'm a big fan of Kellen Moore. Very smart, overachieving, accurate, mobile, and super competitive. No way Detroit would match offers for him, so I would sign him as a backup to push a B-level starter with playoff experience like Sanchez.

Kellen Moore is a winner. Plain and simple. Problem is the guy is SMALL! I would try and get Bradford and than Sanchez. And if Moore is available, go after him also. We also need to draft someone like a Bryce Petty from Baylor. The guy is a baller. We go into training camp w Bradford or Sanchez, Moore, Manuel and a rookie such as Petty, and we should be able to come out w someone decent to start. If EJ does not win the starting job, get rid of him. We can win w Bradford Sanchez or Moore, if we improve the O line. They are horrendous. We do not have a NFL starter at guard on the team. And Wood has just gotten worse and worse. Seriously, get rid of Urbik, Wood and Pears. Move Sheantrell to left tackle. He played much better there in the summer. And move Glenn to guard. Bring in a center, two guards and a tackle and let them all fight it out for starting spots. But my goodness, the interior of our line is god awful. And Wood is as bad as any of them.

Seriously, please, enlighten me as to what the huge fascination with Mike Glennon is...

Every time I've watched him he has impressed me...granted my sample size is only a handful of games. But there wasn't a moment where I was happy to have EJ instead of him. In short, I'd love to get Glennon. I think he can be successful in this league.

My list (in no particular order): Bradford, Foles, Glennon, Moore

Whatever they do, they need better blocking to make whatever they throw out at QB serviceable.

this is correct^ worry about getting guards 3 or 4 of them in the draft.. Seriously. If a quarter back with good value falls to us, take him. Our line was bad this year due to guard play and a ten year vet was only marginally outperforming a second year kid. Common factor was seeing ghosts and throwing to check downs because they had no confidence in pass protection.

I agree with everything said!

I mean, he's not absolutely inept but he ain't a winner nor a proven commodity. Realistically, I'm sticking with EJ if it's between what's been shown between those two QB's at the same point in their career.

+1

Bradford is my top choice if he becomes available. If not then Mallet is someone you could bring in and kick the tyres on... but I don't think you can bank on him... EJ has more NFL experience and might win that competition in camp he is a swing for the fences. Otherwise Matt Moore and / or Mark Sanchez might be Kyle Orton types with better mobility. In that mould I'd consider Derek Anderson too... I wonder what it would take to get him out of the last year of his Panthers contract.

Every time I've watched him he has impressed me...granted my sample size is only a handful of games. But there wasn't a moment where I was happy to have EJ instead of him. In short, I'd love to get Glennon. I think he can be successful in this league.

My list (in no particular order): Bradford, Foles, Glennon, Moore

If Glennon played like he has done for the Bucs here, people would be calling for his head. Like I said in the post you partially quoted. He's not bad, he just isn't exactly anything worth clamoring for IMO. He could come good... But so could EJ. So could Tuel. So could any other QB. I mean look back to when we played the Bucs last season. ONE RUN WON THEM THE GAME. He only had to make a handful of throws - ones we all complain about on a weekly basis here and he couldn't.