Bills part of the 15 international series

Heitz

cX6fYwz.png

HOME:

Miami, New England, NJ Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, NY Giants, AFC North*

AWAY:

Miami, New England, NJ Jets, Tennesee, Philadelphia, Washington, AFC West*

*As of now we would be playing Pittsburgh and @Kansas City

Edited by jboyst62

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its not very smart especially because there is a chance England might be playing in the world cup semi final. I think they should have done a Thursday game or something over there. I know about 20 family and friends who are flying to the UK from Australia and New Zealand for the RWC who would have definitely gone to the Bills game (because I have turned most into Bills fans) but yeah on the same day as that game no chance, it's basically the equivalent of hosting a cricket match during the world series haha.

And its going to be hard to get USA fans to go over for it because it will cost a fortune. So many foreigners in town for the rugby, good luck getting a hotel. But yeah hopefully this just means the bills wont play overseas again anytime soon.

Anyway GO BILLS

It is a bad weekend to pick. Very strange. The NFL better hope that England lose to Australia in our pool game. Because if England are in the RWC Semi Final on the Sunday the NFL will struggle to make the sports news.... whereas generally the London games get pretty good media coverage over here.

*As of now we would be playing Green Bay and @Kansas City

Green Bay? How do you work that out? It would be Pittsburgh surely?

Meh.... nobody in Europe outside of Britain and France cares about the RWC. It is interesting timing though. I'm suprised the Police have allowed it to be honest.

I would think its more the international fans they are missing out on. the NFL is getting extremely popular in Australia/NZ/South Africa and other massive rugby countries and with that many people in town at the same time its a missed opportunity to share the game with them without taking it down there...

how is it that they already know the schedule

for next year. Jags are a AFC team what if the Bills win the division this year. I don't think they would play the AFC south last place team.

this does not make any sense

Iambic pentameter aside, the Bills play the entire AFC South next year.

They played the North last year, they play the West this year.

There Jets and Fins are playing in the UK?

Wow, that's some bull ****. A divisional game at a neutral location?!

I hate that a division game is being played in London. It shouldn't even be a Conference game.

My hotel reservations are already made at the Premier Inn Wembley stadium. Central London hotel prices can be very high. It's cheaper to stay out a little and take the tube in for sightseeing.

Now just have to figure out how to get game tix.

This is really stupid on the NFL's behalf. October 25th is also when one of the semi finals of the Rugby World Cup is being played in London. The RWC is one of the biggest sporting events in the world and having a game compete with one of the biggest games is just stupid. If it was a day or so before maybe it would attract some attention but on this date...not so much!

I love it; I was thinking of going over anyway for the RWC.

13 million people ought to be able to support 2 major sporting events that weekend.

Meh.... nobody in Europe outside of Britain and France cares about the RWC. It is interesting timing though. I'm suprised the Police have allowed it to be honest.

I actually got swallowed up by a RWC victory parade years ago in London.

Those people were freaking crazy.

My hotel reservations are already made at the Premier Inn Wembley stadium. Central London hotel prices can be very high. It's cheaper to stay out a little and take the tube in for sightseeing.

Now just have to figure out how to get game tix.

Wait how do we know the date already? I didn't see it in the announcement.

We look forward to the continued success of the London series and are excited to have the Bills involved for the 2015 season.

Whoever the hell has this name - good job. I see the perfect PC crap you say and it actually rustles my jimmies a hair.

Argh.

So, if you're a UFA, does this factor into the equation at all when thinking bout joining one of these teams? It would be a vacation of sorts, plus you could always stay a few days longer with the bye week following (if that's an option?). But to some, it may just be a PITA. Ultimately money talks, but do you think it would factor into their decision making?

Edited by ricojes

So, if you're a UFA, does this factor into the equation at all when thinking bout joining one of these teams? It would be a vacation of sorts, plus you could always stay a few days longer with the bye week following (if that's an option?). But to some, it may just be a PITA. Ultimately money talks, but do you think it would factor into their decision making?

:blink:

If you're making the minimum of +$400K/yr I think you can afford to go on a trip to London in March or April without having to rely on the London game vs. Jax to get there. :)

It would be like an UFA choosing a team based on its uniform colors.

Premier Inn is a good idea if anyone is looking for cheap hotels, although the ones in London are a bit more expensive then the other ones nationally, but I've stayed a couple times at the one near Kings Cross station (central London) for about £80($120) a night, which for central London isn't bad. Plus it's a fairly short train ride to Wembley from Euston station, which is walking distance from Kings Cross.

EDIT: Btw just had a look at flights with Norwegian Air. Long story shot but they have the new Boeing 787 planes and get better "mileage." Looks like round trip next year, all in, would be about $650 to London-Gatwick from NYC.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I feel bad for the people of London. Bills/jags? That's as sorry a game out there. What's the doubleheader--- raiders/browns?

I dunno about that. The Jags might have a QB now and have a couple young weapons on offense that will at least make them exciting with another year of experience. The Bills with Watkins are on the rise as well, it could very well end up being a compelling game if the Jags continue to add talent in the off season.

I am planning on going (or at least trying to go). It could be a great weekend. I also am a fan of Arsenal. With any luck, Arsenal will be home that weekend and the games will not conflict.

London is a great city with plenty of things to do. I do not look at this as some kind of catastrophe as others may. I see it as an opportunity to see my two favorite "football" teams live and in person in one of the great cities in the world.

:beer:

Fantastic. And if it is the Jags road game even better... because we don't lose a home game.

My previous offer of recommenations to anyone wanting to come over for the game still stands.

Did you say recommendations, or accommodations?

I am planning on going (or at least trying to go). It could be a great weekend. I also am a fan of Arsenal. With any luck, Arsenal will be home that weekend and the games will not conflict.

London is a great city with plenty of things to do. I do not look at this as some kind of catastrophe as others may. I see it as an opportunity to see my two favorite "football" teams live and in person in one of the great cities in the world.

Also an Arsenal fan hence the name.

Did you say recommendations, or accommodations?

Haha I said the former....

Personally, this is great news! I've flown over to Buffalo from the UK 3 times in recent years to see the Bills and now I get an extra year to save up for my 2016 trip! In response to a couple of points made elsewhere...

1. We are used to seeing the Jags in London as they have come over in 2013 and 2014 and are committed to coming here in 2016 as well as 2015.

2. I guess these dates have to be arranged well in advance so that they can be agreed with the Wembley Stadium authorities and built into its schedule of other events.

As regards the Bills chances of winning, (even if the 2015 Jags are much improved on the 2014 team), there seems to be a "Curse of the Home Team" at Wembley - of the 10 games so far played in London, the designated 'home' team has a 3-7 record!

Also an Arsenal fan hence the name.

That is great. Where do you live currently? I am down here in Miami. We actually have a fairly large Arsenal supporters club down here. I know there is one in Buffalo. When I am home for Christmas, I am planning on attending some games where they meet. They go to a place on Hertel called Mes Que (I have never been there).

As an aside, the short explanation as to how I became an Arsenal supporter is that my wife is Dutch. I started following the Dutch national team (KNVB) and became a huge fan of Dennis Bergkamp. As a result, I started to become a fan of Arsenal and fell in love with the club.

A few years ago, I became a red member and started going to games. The Emirates is a great atmosphere.