What show to start?

The Underdog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Broad City on Comedy Central is on fire. Episode w Rhea Perlman and pegging was hilarious.

I might go see that ghostbusters if they kicked two SNL girls out and add Abby and Ilana.

I posted in another thread as well...great great show! I am so old i did not know what pegging was :cry:

Anyway, that was not Rhea Perlman, even though it look a lot like here.

It is Sussie Essman, Jeff Galrin's wife in Curb

Amazon made Prime Video free for one day. The wife and I watched the first season of "Transparent." Not what I expected. The show is not so much on the trans dad as his messed up family. I give it a 7. Mainly fired up for "Better Call Saul," starting Sunday!

I posted in another thread as well...great great show! I am so old i did not know what pegging was :cry:

Anyway, that was not Rhea Perlman, even though it look a lot like here.

It is Sussie Essman, Jeff Galrin's wife in Curb

ahhhhhh, it is Jeff's wife. she made me laugh out loud the whole episode. the negotiation for the good bootleg bags and her complimenting abby's "tush" cracked me up. "we were at the millers house one time and it turns out it was a swingers party, we didnt have sex with anybody but we stayed because the food was incredible" LOL.

i don't think many of us know what pegging is.

I've been trumpeting Broad City since it started last year, it's worth watching. Always brings the funny.

think its made a little jump this second season imo. found the skinnier one a bit annoying at first.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Sorry I missed this thread because I started hitting the treadmill and looked for something to watch. I started with "Breaking Bad" because everyone raves about it, but after six episodes it just wasn't the way I wanted to start my morning.

I've moved over to "Blacklist," which my wife loves, and it's okay so far, though pretty formulaic.

It's like all the good stuff went to hell once "Vengeance Unlimited" got cancelled. At least "Person of Interest" keeps it interesting.

House of Lies with Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell is an entertaining series.

Dexter, to me was a fascinating series, did I really root for a serial killer? I recommend it.

Spartacus, Blood and Sand, it's amazing that princess Xena was impeccable in this one, the guy playing Spartacus was great too.

Entourage, great from start to finish

Vikings, currently watching, has been great so far

Sorry I missed this thread because I started hitting the treadmill and looked for something to watch. I started with "Breaking Bad" because everyone raves about it, but after six episodes it just wasn't the way I wanted to start my morning..

Breaking Bad's first season was difficult to get into. I remember when it aired originally I gave up after a couple of episodes but then caught the middle of a marathon and was hooked. Have patience, Breaking Bad gets really good

Peaky Blinders is my current addiction. Season 2 just finished.

Wow! Started watching Peaky Blinders last night after hearing about it in this thread. I told my wife about it and she said "Peaky Blinders? That sounds stupid!" I asked her to watch on episode and give it a chance.

Well, we ended up staying up until 1am and watched the first 5 episodes of season 1. Absolutely brilliant, and I definitely recommend it to everyone. Unfortunately only 6 episodes per season, and 2 seasons on Netflix. We'll probably be done by mid-week.

The only way to defeat fear is to confront it head on. Lock the door this time:

Sage advice that sounds like it's coming from the voice of experience. :ph34r:

Anybody into Banshee? Haven't seen it listed here, but heard it's interesting.

Can't wait!! Got me a sack of "the blue" to celebrate ;)

Oh yeah. Called today for an AMC package for my satellite. Told them I wanted the channel for Saul. Received an HD AMC package with about 10 channels, 1 free PPV/month, all my current channels and ended up paying $5 dollars less on the monthly bill.

Want more tv channels and pay less? Better Call Saul!!!

Peaky Blinders is my current addiction. Season 2 just finished.

Wow! Started watching Peaky Blinders last night after hearing about it in this thread. I told my wife about it and she said "Peaky Blinders? That sounds stupid!" I asked her to watch on episode and give it a chance.

Well, we ended up staying up until 1am and watched the first 5 episodes of season 1. Absolutely brilliant, and I definitely recommend it to everyone. Unfortunately only 6 episodes per season, and 2 seasons on Netflix. We'll probably be done by mid-week.

Thanks for the tip :)

I read this around 3PM and just finished season one

Not sure if its netflix or not, but he FX show You're the Worst was very funny last spring summer as well. Would assume it is coming on again in June timeframe maybe?

I just came across this on FX; first couple episode were pretty funny.

Sage advice that sounds like it's coming from the voice of experience. :ph34r:

Anybody into Banshee? Haven't seen it listed here, but heard it's interesting.

I am a HUGE fan of Banshee! GREAT show. I would highly recommend this if anyone is looking for something new to watch. About halfway through season 3 now but the first two are on demand through Directv.

Hey everybody... I was wondering what shows you guys recommend. I'm looking to start a new series and I have it narrowed down to a few. As much as I love Modern Family and The Office, I'm looking to watch a more serious series. I have already seen Breaking Bad and loved it. I think i have it narrowed down to:

1. Homeland (but I heard the 1st season is amazing but then it really tails off)

2. True Detective (heard its really good but also really weird)

3. The Americans

Any input you guys have would be cool, if you have seen any of them (don't give too much away, haha). Also open to any other suggestions if there is a show that you would consider a "must see."

Thanks guys!

If you haven't seen them yet, go with Northern Exposure and Twin Peaks.

These are easily the two best TV series ever aired on mainstream network TV in the USA.

Game of Thrones is the best thing currently on TV with writing/acting that is beyond superb (HBO show).

The Sopranos (HBO) is also one of the all time greats if you haven't seen it yet.

Six Feet Under is another great HBO series now over.

Were you ever into LOST? Some of that show was horrible; a lot of it was great...and the show is much more "Twilight Zone" than "stranded on tropical island" as a lot of people think. I really enjoyed following it to my amazement.

Two episodes into season 2 and I'm 50/50 on 'Pinky Blinders.' Much to like, much to make say "meh." Lots of parallels to 'Boardwalk Empire' which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm left with feeling they aren't hoeing too much new ground here. And the Aunt Polly character is ridiculous, imo.

Borgias is excellent. Wish they had more episodes coming.

Jeremy Irons is fantastic in this role! I was looking forward to season 4. here's a blurb from Wiki:

On June 5, 2013, Showtime canceled the series, a season short of Jordan's planned four-season arc for the series. The cancellation was implied to be due to the expense of production, with plans for a two-hour wrap-up finale also scrapped. A fan campaign was started in an attempt to convince Showtime to revive the series. On August 12, 2013, it was announced that the two-hour series finale script would be released as an e-book after it was determined that a movie would be too expensive to produce.

e-book link:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Borgia-Apocalypse-Screenplay-ebook/dp/B00EHJMWHO

Edited by ricojes

• 3 months later...

Jeremy Irons is fantastic in this role! I was looking forward to season 4. here's a blurb from Wiki:

On June 5, 2013, Showtime canceled the series, a season short of Jordan's planned four-season arc for the series. The cancellation was implied to be due to the expense of production, with plans for a two-hour wrap-up finale also scrapped. A fan campaign was started in an attempt to convince Showtime to revive the series. On August 12, 2013, it was announced that the two-hour series finale script would be released as an e-book after it was determined that a movie would be too expensive to produce.

e-book link:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Borgia-Apocalypse-Screenplay-ebook/dp/B00EHJMWHO

But then I can't see the beautiful Julia von ezze. Ha

Ray Donovan and Shameless should be required viewing. Shameless not because it's a great show but for simple raunchy entertainment. Ray Donovan is a great character and great acting and writing all around.

Getting HBO or Showtime and then using the HBO Go or Showtime Anytime apps to binge watch great shows with all of their seasons is well worth the money for the couple months. The Wire is ridiculously good. Also agree with The Shield as one of the very best shows.

I'm not sure if there has ever been a comedy with as many great and funny characters as Modern Family.

• 1 month later...

Just started watching The Strain as I had heard good things and the new season is about to start on the 12th. Through 6 episodes so far; pretty good stuff and an interesting take on the old vampire storyline.