A new dawn for Buffalo, Pegula vote unanimous

papazoid

I honestly had never heard the man speak before today. He's kind of a goofball. Perfect for this region. I like him a lot.

Definitely not a natural public speaker, and I think we'll get some "what did he just say?" moments out of him at times...but definitely the right guy for the city and the job.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah realized that after it posted.

Why are typos and mistakes always easier to see in the post window as compared to the preview/creation window. I swear how many times I look post over, everything is correct, hit the "Post" button then 10 typos appears. (I probably have a typo here too)

Yes, that's why he said 2nd poorest, not 2nd richest.

Yeah realized that after it posted.

Why are typos and mistakes always easier to see in the post window as compared to the preview/creation window. I swear how many times I look post over, everything is correct, hit the "Post" button then 10 typos appears. (I probably have a typo here too)

Because of analytics

:lol:

I would love to have the PA play a few seconds of a Jon Bon Jovi song on Sunday, just enough for everyone to recognize it and go 'WTF?' And then cut it off with the sound of a needle dragging across a record.

kj

terry pegula presser a little awkward....

berchtold announces no questions.....then terry answers a few questions that were shouted at him.

terry a little goofy....but in a lovable way.

also, kim was not at his side.

Really hope gets rid of this ass hat Berchtold. In no way does his smarmy arrogance fit in with the Pegula's.

Hate to nitpick on a day like today but it bugs me that El Pegual said, "If you asked me ten years ago if I was going to own the Sabres and the Bills, I'd have called you a liar."

We all know what he was trying to say, but that was goofy. Liar is totally the wrong word; "raving lunatic" would have fit nicely.

Hell, even "grizzly bear" makes more sense than "liar" in that context.

@JeffRussoWKBW

#Patriots Owner Robert Kraft on #Bills Pegulas "looks like we will be facing a competitive team for years to come, that's good for the NFL"

Everything that Kraft says you can pretty much assume that he means the complete opposite.

What he meant to say was, "Looks like we will be facing a competitive team for years to come, that totally sucks for me and my team who always benefited from picking on the little guy.

I would love to have the PA play a few seconds of a Jon Bon Jovi song on Sunday, just enough for everyone to recognize it and go 'WTF?' And then cut it off with the sound of a needle dragging across a record.

kj

id go along with that. Right after the needle dragging it zooms in on a shot of Terry and Kim waving giant Bills flags from on top of the roof above where it says 12th man.

Have Terry and Kim parachute in like that guy did for that 1st home game........

Crowd would lose their friggen minds

you crazy?

We need to keep them both in bubble wrap at the perfect temperature, only to consume the perfect balance of nutrition, vitamins, minerals, etc. No risky activities and that even includes crossing the street.

sky is the limit now.

Werent successful yet with the Sabres (they are forming the organization into a destination), but every player on the market is a possibility. If Peyton Manning was leaving the Colts this offseason... you bet Buffalo would have been in on it.

Jerry is an idiot.

Jeff Russo@JeffRussoWKBW 4m4 minutes ago

More #Cowboys Jones "Really proud for Northern NY deserves that quality of commitment. From all appearances have a great new owner" #Bills

Damn. Now we're the Lake Placid Bills? I KNEW Pegula couldn't be trusted! I KNEW he couldn't own two teams at once in the same market!

Somebody get that Ho-Hos guy on the phone!

I was in a hotel room in Providence R.I when i heard of Ralph's passing. Will always remember it as i was ironing a shirt in my drawers getting ready to head out for dinner.

Mix of emotions that day.

Sadness that Ralph had passed, dread that the team would move, thinking would be a 2 year process of not knowing what was going to happen.

Cant believe that was only 6 short months ago...

Remember when October meetings was considered this "if everything goes faster than our wildest imagination" long shot?!?

Get well soon, bro!

Get well Dean!!!

Thanks guys. Nothing too serious and I seem to be turning the corner.

The two days off have given me some time to watch and gobble up all that national coverage I was assured we'd see once the deal was made official. I guess I must have slept through it. Not that I really care, but it seems to be mostly a non-story as far as I can tell.

And just as I posted this, NFL live had their 1:30 piece on the sale.

Edited by The Dean