Terry Pegula owning TWO sports team? Too much to handle?

I dont know how the insides work and everything. I figure the owner briefs the Pres and GM on what they want to spend and stuff but do you think taking on the Bills and Sabres is a lot for one person?

The Bills are up and coming but have a lot of stress when it comes to the demands of a new stadium, how to generate more revenue, and the demand the fans on this team winning finally.

The Sabres may just be the front runners to land McDavid. Hell, if the Islanders stink up the joint, we may land the 1st and 2nd pick. Also we have the Blues first rounder also. On top of all that drama, you got a ton of talent that will be traded off to playoff contender teams with some of those guys they got (Gionta, Moulson)

It will be mania up in Buffalo if they land McDavid. OMG I cant even think of getting a ticket or how much the cost will be to land one if we get this kid.

I think thats a lot on anyones plate but I guess becoming a Billionaire you know how to handle things...

Go Bills and Sabres and have a safe week everyone! Off to the Veterans hospital for me!

Guys like Pegula delegate a TON. This will have no bearing on what he can "handle". Would anyone seriously think that adding another billion dollar land deal would make a difference to him? Why would adding ownership of the team. Same difference. He has guys to deal with the small (but important) stuff.

Now that we have established that the Pegulas can own both the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres, maybe someone can check whether the Sabres can trade one of their three first round draft choices to the Bills.

Just joking "obviously" (to quote Doug Marrone).

El Pegual' first love is hockey. Always has been, always will be. I'd look for Kim to be the meddling owner we'll need to blame in the future. When she hires Pat LaFontaine as VP of Football Operations, you'll all know it, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Now that we have established that the Pegulas can own both the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres, maybe someone can check whether the Sabres can trade one of their three first round draft choices to the Bills.

Do the Sabres have a need for Jeff Tuel? This could work!!!

Just joking "obviously" (to quote Doug Marrone).

Robert Kraft owns 2 teams: Pats and New England Revolution of Major League Soccer. Owning 2 teams isn't necessarily a bad thing.

...so really one team.

By your logic (counting niche sports) Pegula technically now owns four teams:

Buffalo Bills

Buffalo Sabres

Buffalo Bandits

Rochester Americans

NFL adapts to crossover ownership

Although "not optimal", league accommodates

Owners with MLB, National Basketball Association or National Hockey League teams based in the same market as their NFL franchise would only be competing against themselves, yet the NFL would prefer that this not be the case, either, even if it has no rules against it.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/nfl-adapts-to-crossover-ownership-20141008

Edited by papazoid

I dont know how the insides work and everything. I figure the owner briefs the Pres and GM on what they want to spend and stuff but do you think taking on the Bills and Sabres is a lot for one person?

The Bills are up and coming but have a lot of stress when it comes to the demands of a new stadium, how to generate more revenue, and the demand the fans on this team winning finally.

The Sabres may just be the front runners to land McDavid. Hell, if the Islanders stink up the joint, we may land the 1st and 2nd pick. Also we have the Blues first rounder also. On top of all that drama, you got a ton of talent that will be traded off to playoff contender teams with some of those guys they got (Gionta, Moulson)

It will be mania up in Buffalo if they land McDavid. OMG I cant even think of getting a ticket or how much the cost will be to land one if we get this kid.

I think thats a lot on anyones plate but I guess becoming a Billionaire you know how to handle things...

Go Bills and Sabres and have a safe week everyone! Off to the Veterans hospital for me!

Nope. Terry is the MAN.

El Pegual' first love is hockey. Always has been, always will be. I'd look for Kim to be the meddling owner we'll need to blame in the future. When she hires Pat LaFontaine as VP of Football Operations, you'll all know it, too.

GO BILLS!!!

So can we start beating the "Kim is cheap" drum?

Can he even own both teams?

Yes he can, and outright, as long as both teams are within the same sports market. What is not allowed is owning major league sports teams in competing markets. so Terry could own the Vancouver Canuks and the Bills, but not, say, the Detroit Red Wings and the Bills, because of the NFL presence in the Detroit market. There's a good article on the details of this somewhere on the interwebz, I don't remember where I read it in detail, wish I had saved the link.

Yes he can, and outright, as long as both teams are within the same sports market. What is not allowed is owning major league sports teams in competing markets. so Terry could own the Vancouver Canuks and the Bills, but not, say, the Detroit Red Wings and the Bills, because of the NFL presence in the Detroit market. There's a good article on the details of this somewhere on the interwebz, I don't remember where I read it in detail, wish I had saved the link.

I don't think you understood my question though. Can El Pegual own BOTH the Bills AND Sabres at the same time in accordance with NFL bylaws?? Thats what I'm hoping to find out.

I don't think you understood my question though. Can El Pegual own BOTH the Bills AND Sabres at the same time in accordance with NFL bylaws?? Thats what I'm hoping to find out.

Yes. He can even combine some operations for efficiency (i.e. ticket sales). What he can not due is bind them in any way which takes value from other venue like as example selling Sabre Ticket - Bills Ticket with discount on package. There has been a number of posts on this already.

See thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/171894-maybe-some-cross-promotions-in-the-future/

Yes. He can even combine some operations for efficiency (i.e. ticket sales). What he can not due is bind them in any way which takes value from other venue like as example selling Sabre Ticket - Bills Ticket with discount on package. There has been a number of posts on this already.

See thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/171894-maybe-some-cross-promotions-in-the-future/

Will no one answer jauronimo directly? It seems like an easy question -

Professional owners are EXTREMELY hands off (even the most hands on people). They hire good people and delegate.

If I am not mistaken Wayne Huizenga Owned The Dolphins, The Marlins, and The Panthers all at the same time. If not he definately owned at least two of them at the same time and ultimately owned all three. As a matter of fact the only Miami team he did not own is the Heat.

When you have billions you can hire the right people to do everything for you, all you need do is sit back and enjoy yourself.

I'm kinda hoping that Pegula will hire someone like Bill Polian to run the football side of things, so he builds a team with no holes. Then that guy finds us that elite Franchise QB, like an Andrew Luck - Peyton Manning

Nah, these guys are used to running multi billion dollar corporations.

why are you messing with people ?

you know the answer is yes.

you keep asking the same question in multiple threads.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

I have a question regarding NFL ownership rules that I don't think has been addressed yet. Is this the right thread?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170646-multiple-reports-pegula-is-the-new-owner/page__st__920

I have a question regarding NFL ownership rules that I don't think has been addressed yet. Is this the right thread?

http://forums.twobil...r/page__st__920

Considering El Pegual now owns both teams the question is patently absurd. It was absurd weeks ago given El Pegual was accepted as a qualified bidder. It was absurd after his bid won. Yet, no one can answer question in straight terms. I got no time for your legalese. I will ask again:

Can El Pegual own BOTH the Buffalo Bills AND the Buffalo Sabres at the same time in accordance with NFL AND NHL bylaws? Why is this so hard?

http://forums.twobil...r/page__st__920

its a stupid "joke" that wasnt funny 4 months ago and still isnt funny