A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

It isn't that they run CJ it is that they just try and run him up the gut all day. Even against a solid interior defensive line.

But if Freddie is down next week then they gotta give Bryce Brown lots of the ball.

Why not Dixon?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line, we all have more confidence and trust in Orton right now. Is he a physically better QB than EJ, probably not. But he is in a better place mentally, and that is exactly what this team needs right now.

Couldn't be said better

Was anyone else furious about the timeout call on our 2nd to last drive after Orton hit Sammy over the middle to get us into Detroit territory? There's no way you shouldn't let the clock keep running there and ensure we are the last to hold the ball. Easily forgotten given all the craziness that ensued afterwards, but we could have had a first down at the Detroit 40 with appx 45 seconds left and instead we call timeout with - 1:18 maybe? - and promptly go 3 and out from there.

IDK, for some reason I thought Det took the time out there, maybe I am wrong but that was what the announcer said if I remember correctly.

It be nice for him to have a few plays where juking a LB or DT in the backfield is not a prerequisite.

I don't think he played well today, but our run-blocking hasn't been very good this year. Most of the yardage has been gained on big chuck plays, not via consistent 4-8 yard pops. Spiller in space and on misdirection plays are awesome, maybe our coaching staff will put on some of the Gailey film and take note.

They will never do that. very different form of attack. Most plays we are bunched up, not spread. I wish CJ and Fred would both be on the field at the same time, when they have done that it has worked. They have used some misdirection plays with Spiller and Fred but what they are dialing up most of the time is uninspiring to say the least. I get the philosophy behind it but man it is conservative and unimaginative at some of the worst times. The end of the game was the exception to that.

All and all, that was a great defensive game by both teams and the Bills got lucky a bit at the end but Orton looked pretty good and we were on the road, I'll take it. BTW, I thought the momentum really changed with FJs speech to the O. The guy is what it means to be a Buffalo Bill, hope he is good to go next week.

Just finished watching the game (had a busy day), so it just ended for me. As exciting as a defensive game gets.

Regarding the (what seems to me) mystifying EJ vs. Orton debate: How anyone could have watched this season's five games and think that they are even remotely equal is beyond me. Orton has a better arm, is more accurate, more decisive, can throw deep, sees the field, sees his open receivers,... what's left? I suppose EJ can scramble/run better, although I cringed every time he did.

Watkins. Wow.

I believe that Fred Jackson might be my all-time favorite Bill. He was a leader today, and every game. He makes me proud to be a Bills fan.

Why does Hackett EVER have Spiller run up the middle?

I have more hope for the season now, than I have all year.

Check his stats running between tackles, it will surprise you (although I do kind of agree).

They gave up seven freakin' points!

Doesn't matter. To be considered good, NFL DBs must never give up any plays whatsoever.

(Where the 300 yards that even the best defenses usually give up are supposed to come from, I don't know.)

But clearly, if I see a DB get beat in any way, then that DB is below average and should be replaced as soon as possible. It's not like the WRs and QBs they are facing are among the best athletes in the world or anything.

Doesn't matter. To be considered good, NFL DBs must never give up any plays whatsoever.

(Where the 300 yards that even the best defenses usually give up are supposed to come from, I don't know.)

But clearly, if I see a DB get beat in any way, then that DB is below average and should be replaced as soon as possible. It's not like the WRs and QBs they are facing are among the best athletes in the world or anything.

Would you not agree that Gilmore has been getting abused a bit more than one would like for a top-ten drafted first round corner in his third season?

Would you not agree that Gilmore has been getting abused a bit more than one would like for a top-ten drafted first round corner in his third season?

Nope I would not agree. I don't think he's a pro bowler right now. But he is a solid player. Every game he disappears for huge stretches of time - which is a great thing for a DB. You don't hear anything about him play after play. Or how about what is happening on the back end of all of those sacks? Camera doesn't show it, but the DBs are doing something right.

As for draft position, half of top-ten draftees are busts. Would I be happier if he played like Peterson or Sherman? Sure I would. But I don't think that every top-ten pick who isn't an obvious stud is a bust or even a wasted draft pick.

I also think people overreact to the times they see DBs (on their own team) getting beat. Again, even the best defenses give up a couple of hundred yards passing per game. And all those catches ain't being defended by linebackers.

Nope I would not agree. I don't think he's a pro bowler right now. But he is a solid player. Every game he disappears for huge stretches of time - which is a great thing for a DB. You don't hear anything about him play after play. Or how about what is happening on the back end of all of those sacks? Camera doesn't show it, but the DBs are doing something right.

As for draft position, half of top-ten draftees are busts. Would I be happier if he played like Peterson or Sherman? Sure I would. But I don't think that every top-ten pick who isn't an obvious stud is a bust or even a wasted draft pick.

I also think people overreact to the times they see DBs (on their own team) getting beat. Again, even the best defenses give up a couple of hundred yards passing per game. And all those catches ain't being defended by linebackers.

Getting beat I can take. 1-2 stupid penalties + getting beat, I cannot.

It's a team sport, and Mario makes Williams and Darius that much better. As a unit they played incredibly well, I see nothing to complain about. Just because someone is paid 2x or 3x someone else does not mean you can expect them to "play" 2x or 3x better. They are really jelling as a group and I'm loving what Schwartz is doing..

You mean its wrong to expect... no... DEMAND that Mario gets 33 sacks a season because Dareus has 11 and makes a 3rd of Mario money? The nerve of you

Don't love that either. He is a grabby, physical CB. Seems to work for him overall (when he is not wearing a cast), but it burns him pretty regularly. I'm not arguing he is an elite CB. But I think he is solid. Maybe he'll get better, I don't know. But solid CBs are hard enough to come by that I'm happy to have him for a long time, even if the level he is playing at right now is his peak (debatable).

Good thread as usual Bill. Below are a few of my own observations:

1) It's difficult to overstate the dominance the Lions' DL achieved over the Bills' OL. If a coach got a group of 8th grade OL together, and had them face 12th grade DL, you'd get the outcome I saw against the Lions.

2) Due to the Lions' domination of the Bills' OL, Orton didn't have much time in the pocket at all. His two options were to dump the ball off or take the sack. He chose the former. But on the rare occasions when he received decent protection, he usually went down field. His throwing accuracy seemed reasonably good.

3) It's worth bearing in mind that just two weeks ago, the Lions defense played exceptionally well against Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers. Even one of the 15 best QBs in NFL history couldn't overcome the kind of defensive domination the Lions produced.

4) Yes, I realize the Lions' DL is ridiculously good. Nevertheless, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the weakest position on this team is the OL--especially offensive guard. Kyle Orton solidifies what would otherwise be a weak QB position.

5) If, in the upcoming draft, the Bills go OG in the second and OG again in the third, we could have a real team. The defense--while not perfect--seems very strong overall. The offense has what appears to be a reasonably good QB; and has good play makers. Special teams are strong. But the offensive line is dragging down the offense as a whole. If you could mitigate the Lions' domination over the Bills' OL, we would have seen an entirely different ballgame.

5) If, in the upcoming draft, the Bills go OG in the second and OG again in the third, we could have a real team. The defense--while not perfect--seems very strong overall.

Yes, we need guards. I said before the season that Pears is not a guard. He is a brute strength RT. Period.

As for the defense, this game tells us that we might even have some depth up front. This is very encouraging.

CJ is a third down back. That's what he is. And he's a really good 3rd down back at that. Dangerous on kick returns. Sadly he has not shown much to merit a lot of talk as a 1st and 2nd down back. I want to like him and I know he has big games left in him, but I bet he's not a Bill next year.

Did you see his "block" on the near safety of Orton. Oofah.

Yes I did and it bordered on cowardice. Granted it was a huge defender, but he was in a position to make a block and it looked as if all he did was lean his shoulder in there.

That was an awful play.

1) It's difficult to overstate the dominance the Lions' DL achieved over the Bills' OL. If a coach got a group of 8th grade OL together, and had them face 12th grade DL, you'd get the outcome I saw against the Lions.

Okay, yes they are good, and yes our o-line is still a big work-in-progress (wasn't Urbik at least an average LG? at this point, average would be a huge upgrade).

But here's the thing . . .

• which Defense had six (6) sacks?
  • which defense gave up the most yards?
  • which defense gave up ONLY 7 points?
  • and which defense was missing two starters, arguably their best lineman and best linebacker?

You think our online is bad, compare it to Detroit's …. I would say their QB was under the gun far more than ours was.

Anyhow, just saying.

Great post as always, Bill. I woke up this morning and read every post in this thread, and have come to the conclusion that while there are a lot of decent folks on this board, and a number of good Bills fans, there are also a tremendous number of people who apparently have no idea what they are watching on Sunday.

We have people saying Mario Williams' dominant performance on the D line isn't good enough because he makes too much money, that the Bills committed too much to the running game against one of the best D lines in the league (they ran 22 times, attempted to pass 45), and that it doesn't matter if Sammy Watkins becomes a star because the Bills still paid too much to get him.

Here's the thing, people -- the Bills beat a team that just a couple of weeks ago embarrassed Aaron Rodgers by coming back from 14 down, on the road, with a journeyman QB who hadn't played since last December. They allowed Detroit to convert ONE out of ELEVEN third downs -- without blitzing! They had a rookie WR make a play-of-the-year type catch to put them in position to kick a 58-yard FG.

These are the games no Bills team of the past 14 years had a chance at winning.

My dad is still in the hospital but I took my iPad to him so he could watch the game on Sunday Ticket. Yesterday after they won he apparently cheered and the nursing staff at first thought he was in distress, until the nurse who had been checking on him told them it was ok. I called my mom's cell phone and had her put it on speaker, and I played the shout song for them.

My parents were going to use my tickets next week to go to Buffalo for the Pats* game and unfortunately can't do that now, but what a great time to be a Bills fan.

Sit back and enjoy this -- we haven't see the likes of it in some time.

Go Bills!

I don't want to take the wind out of anyone's sails. Wins are fun.

I do like what Nick Mendola said in a comment yesterday. It's buried so I'm sharing it here:

They scored a touchdown. A single touchdown. I’m hopeful that I’m wrong but in no way do I think an EJ Manuel-led run-heavy offense couldn’t have scored 17 points. Nor do I think it would’ve been enough if Henery could make a field goal.

I’m happy they won, obviously. I hope very much I’m wrong. But my mind wasn’t changed today. I’m still open to the possibility I was wrong. I’m nowhere near convinced.

The defense was amazing. The Lions kicker missed three field goals. Matt Stafford was awful without Calvin Johnson, Joique Bell and, mostly, Reggie Bush. If that makes you feel vindicated, cool. I need more.

Also, Detroit is good. So that’s a big road win. I’ll take it. Just saying. Hopefully I’m eating my words after next week.

I also want to point out that after the Miami win, we were riding high, and rightfully so. The Bills had just beaten a team that had just schooled the Patriots. The division looked wide open.

Next week will be as important a test, and I still think we need to see a lot better from Orton and especially Hackett to secure a win.

I'm going to be there, so I have a little skin in this next game. Here's hoping.

My dad is still in the hospital but I took my iPad to him so he could watch the game on Sunday Ticket. Yesterday after they won he apparently cheered and the nursing staff at first thought he was in distress, until the nurse who had been checking on him told them it was ok. I called my mom's cell phone and had her put it on speaker, and I played the shout song for them.

My parents were going to use my tickets next week to go to Buffalo for the Pats* game and unfortunately can't do that now, but what a great time to be a Bills fan.

Go Bills!

First and foremost eball, I hope your dad recovers quickly.

Second, when I read that I was reminded of that scene from Hoosiers when they won the regional championship and Shooter (Dennis Hopper) goes crazy in the hospital ward (and this is still the best sports movie of all time).

One thing from listening to Orton presser he understands what he did wrong on the pick 6 but also on an incomplete to chandler. EJ a doesn't seem to understand these things. I did note that EJ was making a note after Kyle threw it at feet of rb when he was under pressure versus taking the sack

Edited by bills_fan_in_raleigh

I don't want to take the wind out of anyone's sails. Wins are fun.

I do like what Nick Mendola said in a comment yesterday. It's buried so I'm sharing it here:

I also want to point out that after the Miami win, we were riding high, and rightfully so. The Bills had just beaten a team that had just schooled the Patriots. The division looked wide open.

Next week will be as important a test, and I still think we need to see a lot better from Orton and especially Hackett to secure a win.

I'm going to be there, so I have a little skin in this next game. Here's hoping.

Sorry but that's a ridiculous comment. (not yours Mendola's)

1. It's not like Henery was some amazing kicker who all of a sudden had a problem hitting kicks vs the Bills. Which would have meant the Bills were very lucky. Detroit has had kicking problems all year. Henery was only 1/2 his last game. The Bills did a hell of a job to make the kicks of the longer variety, therefore increasing their odds of a miss.

2. To say Manuel could have preformed the same against the Lions is also a bit ridiculous. For 2 weeks straight he couldn't get it done against 2 good defense, but all of a sudden he would have gotten it done against the Lions. Would EJ have checked to the run on the 2 point conversion? Would EJ have thrown deep to Goodwin on the 3rd and long? Who knows is the answer and is a terrible comment.

3. It's not the Bills fault Calvin, Reggie and Joique were nicked up. You play who's lined up across from you every week. And thats a nice comment that Matt Stafford looked awful and it couldn't possibly be that the Bills defense was just playing lights out.

Sorry, but why does every Bills victory have to come with an asterik. Yea it wasn't a pretty win, but they were still able to beat a team on the road, with a very, very good defense.

Great post as always, Bill. I woke up this morning and read every post in this thread, and have come to the conclusion that while there are a lot of decent folks on this board, and a number of good Bills fans, there are also a tremendous number of people who apparently have no idea what they are watching on Sunday.

We have people saying Mario Williams' dominant performance on the D line isn't good enough because he makes too much money, that the Bills committed too much to the running game against one of the best D lines in the league (they ran 22 times, attempted to pass 45), and that it doesn't matter if Sammy Watkins becomes a star because the Bills still paid too much to get him.

Here's the thing, people -- the Bills beat a team that just a couple of weeks ago embarrassed Aaron Rodgers by coming back from 14 down, on the road, with a journeyman QB who hadn't played since last December. They allowed Detroit to convert ONE out of ELEVEN third downs -- without blitzing! They had a rookie WR make a play-of-the-year type catch to put them in position to kick a 58-yard FG.

Go Bills!

Hope your dad is OK eball.

Bill - I look forward to your post the most every Monday morning and agree each week with 95% of your points. Thanks and please keep it up. I don't have time to read all posts due to that work thing, but have read about half so far. It's fun on Monday morning, I don't everyone else's routine, but I open up my I-Pad, start looking through TSW, have NFL Network on, but muted, and put NFL Radio on to hear Ross and Papa's comments on Monday.

Ok, so I'm an addict. Isn't that the first step?

Eball, sorry on your dad. Get better, but cool you brought him your I-Pad.

Onto the game.

- the defense played like it was their Super Bowl. What a performance by that unit, willing them to win, and without our best defensive player in Kyle Williams, and I believe Bradham was out too. Stefan Charles played well, and Dareus responded to the need for a big game.

- give Orton some time. He had no pre-season, no off season, and no reps with the #1's until probably this week. He knocked the rust off in the first half with a bad interior line, and had an excellent second half. I bet we'll see a better performance out of him next week, even as good as the Patriots can play like yesterday.

-this defense will need to continue to dominate against the run as the Pats hammered Cincy yesterday with ground and pound, and screens and play action by the TE's. I believe we can do it.

- our WR are good and will look even better as the synergy improves with Orton. I noticed on runs we were in the second half putting in Frank Summers, sliding Henderson to help the guard to stop Suh, and Frank the tank had to handle the RT. it worked on some plays.

GO BILLS!

Go Bills!

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your dad, and I pray that he has a speedy and total recovery.

Mario needs to play better though considering how much money he is being paid.

Sorry??? Are you for real? Mario was outstanding considering he was being double teamed 80% of the time. He collapses the pocket and when things break down the other guys are cleaning up. The vast majority of sacks that the Bills have had this year have been a result of pressure by Mario Williams, even if he isn't the one bringing the QB down. This D-Line is superb because three of the guys, Mario, Kyle and Marcel need to be double teamed in order to stop them and you don't have enough men on the field to do that.

But I'm sorry to suggest Mario is not playing well is nonsense. He has been stout against the run so far this year too.

Edited by GunnerBill

Sorry??? Are you for real? Marion was outstanding considering he was being double teamed 80% of the time. He collapses the pocket and when things break down the other guys are cleaning up. The vast majority of sacks that the Bills have had this year have been a result of pressure by Mario Williams, even if he isn't the one bringing the QB down. This D-Line is superb because three of the guys, Mario, Kyle and Marcel need to be double teamed in order to stop them and you don't have enough men on the field to do that.

But I'm sorry to suggest Mario is not playing well is nonsense. He has been stout against the run so far this year too.

Exactly. The D line dominated yesterday. I don't remember more than one blitz. They just crushed the Lions.

While we're piling on the refs, how about the awful spot on the Goodwin catch. He went out at maybe the 1-2 yard line but they spotted the ball at the 4. Non-issue as they scored the TD but those refs yesterday may have been the worst I've ever seen.

Edited by John Adams

Nobody said he didn't have a good game. I said he needs to play better based on his salary. He is paid 2x as much as Kyle Williams. 3x as much as Darius. and 8x more than hughes. He got one sack today. Yes he played good. He needs to be a difference ,maker though in games where it matters. That is all I am saying. He is not being a difference maker in these games. I am glad he is on this team. I just want him to play at a level commensurate with his pay compared to the guys he plays alongside of.

Mario Williams is a difference maker. Because of the way he plays the offense has to give him more attention allowing the other defenders more single battles. The Bills ' victories are mostly due to the defense. Without a doubt he has been an instrumental player on that unit. Whatever rich salary Mario is getting he is earning it in spades The bottom line is that it isn't about the contract as it is about the performance. He has been a sterling performer.

Go Bills!

Eball, I had the same sensation that you had after reading some of the contrarian comments. It leaves you wondering if you watched the same game. It's not so much about disagreeing over some aspects of the game. That is normal. But sometimes the outlier opinions that are not grounded in the actual game can be very confounding.

Sorry to hear about your father. Hope he is doing better. I'm sure the dramatic victory perked him up.

If you're going to call something out , at least follow the thread and the conversation.

OP said something like "this performance is why you trade up for Sammy Watkins"".

You responded with examples from 2011 trade-ups for Gabbert, Baldwin and Ingram. The comparison might have had some merit at the time of the trade for sure, since there is always uncertainty of the player you are drafting.

But I think your examples only proved that these teams traded up for the WRONG GUY, not that the move itself was terrible. For us---and I am knocking on wood like crazy---- Watkins has put that argument to rest.

@bill in NYC. Not too sure about Gilmore having a decent game. I thought the Tate TD was one of his worst moments. A guy runs a curl to the end zone and Gilmore is 3 yards from him. He continues to frustrate me.

The one Gilmore moment that got me was the 19-yarder at midfield he gave up to Tate...looked lost on that one.

The TD he was responsible for coverage over the top; Preston Brown didn't make his drop at the snap like he was supposed to (it's a 3rd and goal, Preston, and a zone scheme...you need to drop to depth young man) to cover the underneath portion of that pattern.

It's a team sport, and Mario makes Williams and Darius that much better. As a unit they played incredibly well, I see nothing to complain about. Just because someone is paid 2x or 3x someone else does not mean you can expect them to "play" 2x or 3x better. They are really jelling as a group and I'm loving what Schwartz is doing..

Mario is phenomenal. Teams literally cannot run to the edge of the defense because of him. Make no mistake at all, the reason the run D is so good, and guys like Stefan Charles can beat single blocking inside, is because Mario is a wrecking ball in there.

He's taken some dumb ones, no doubt. Yesterday's defensive holding call was the single worst defensive holding call I've ever seen in my life. Calvin Johnson grabbed Gilmore's collar and shoved him, and the call was defensive holding. That, the non PI call where Sammy was groped, and the PF penalty when someone bumped Stafford during his slide (which, by the way, happened in at least 4 other games yesterday that I counted--I watched every game) were absolute atrocities.

It wasn't just one-sided either...Chandler absolutely mugged DeAndre Levy on Jackson's run in the 3rd quarter. It was a brutal hold, right in front of the umpire, and no call.

Brutal.

My thoughts were thank God the Bills finally won one of "these" games. We've lost so many over the years. Also, every win is huge relative to the division and playoff picture. Once again, next week is a big, big game.

Yes, this.

So many high points that have already been mentioned. The only consistent negative for me was Spiller. His running was anemic, and the way he completely whiffed on a block that any competent RB would have made that almost cost the Bills a safety was inexcusable. He was a major liability the entire game.

And I will also echo the sentiments of some that it was really nice seeing a Bills QB make passes like Orton was in the 2nd half!

So many high points that have already been mentioned. The only consistent negative for me was Spiller. His running was anemic, and the way he completely whiffed on a block that any competent RB would have made that almost cost the Bills a safety was inexcusable. He was a major liability the entire game.

And I will also echo the sentiments of some that it was really nice seeing a Bills QB make passes like Orton was in the 2nd half!

That "block" better wake him up. Yes he was about to get steamrolled but he needed to put up some effort there to at least make the lineman give up a step. I don't expect him to fully Fred Jackson the guy but that was the kind of effort that makes your team question your heart.

As it was, Orton was going to get squashed from the right too but the CJ whiff might have gotten Orton killed.

I'm hope that play embarrasses him into upping his protection effort.

Someone in this thread questioned why they don't put CJ in a position to make more catches. I question this too. In space, he's a massive threat.

Edited by John Adams

That "block" better wake him up. Yes he was about to get steamrolled but he needed to put up some effort there to at least make the lineman give up a step. I don't expect him to fully Fred Jackson the guy but that was the kind of effort that makes your team question your heart.

As it was, Orton was going to get squashed from the right too but the CJ whiff might have gotten Orton killed.

I'm hope that play embarrasses him into upping his protection effort.

A play like that earned Yonel Jordain a one way ticket.

1) Gotta start with a shout out to Carpenter. That kick was miraculous! Just freaking great!!!!! And it had a few yards left!

2) In the middle of the 3rd quarter, Watkins was mauled by the defender. The flag was tossed by the official who was RIGHT THERE and picked up. Is that how this works? The league should look into this. I HATE complaining about calls, but this was simply outrageous. Sadly, more to come on this topic.

3) Marcel Dareus played the game of his life. On his sack for a forced fumble, he was clearly held. Today, this kid was every single thing we wanted him to be in every way.

4) Here is the deal wrt Pears. He is an average Right Tackle. He doesn't suck at RT. He has no business playing Guard. NONE! But he retaliated on the late hit by Fairley, and he is a tough guy. I respect him for fighting for his teammates.

5) Help on the way,

I know only this;

I've got you today

Don't fly away.....

'cause I love what I love

and I want it that way.

6) Watkins was just SO good today, I am going to re-evaluate the trade, which I was totally against.

7) Orton? I need more time to sort out what he does. We probably all do. But his pass to Goodwin was each and every bit as good as it gets, no?

8) Woods was blocking his ass off today. He threw a block on a run by FJ in the 3rd quarter that MADE the play.

9) Schwartz was another person who confused me today. At the end of the first qtr., they rushed only 3 on 3rd and 8 and gave up a td. I KNOW that Pettine would have applied more pressure. That said, his defensive calls overall were VERY good imo. Let's face it, the defense kept us in the game, so I am going to give credit and thanks.

10) Have I blasted Gilmore when I saw fit to do so? Certainly. Well, the pass interference call against him in the 2nd quarter was absolute BS!!!!! If anything, Johnson hit him in his facemask. The truth is that he played a decent game today and this football team needs him to step up. I am thrilled to see him play well.

11) OK, I have a confession to make. I watched the game today in a crowded place. After one of Marcel's brutal sacks I yelled, "He's my son!" People were looking at me and the replay and gave me some room and strange looks. Yeah, I am a Bills fan.

12) Sorry, I am pissed at the fact that we had 2 delay penalties in the first quarter. We are not a good enough team to do this and win on a consistent basis.

13) Spiller was awful today. He can't see a hole. He dances and gains 2, if that.

14) Thank you Jerry Hughes for giving it your all on every play!!!!! Seriously, you go!!!

15) There is nothing that grabs me more than when the Bills fight back. Not one f*&^%$g thing. It makes them better people, better players, and it is what WE deserve as fans.

16) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As always Bill you are spot on.

my synopsis

Oh SHIP a pick 6. bummed from the start.

what a snooze fest, boring

THUNK Detroit

THUNK Buffalo

excellent they tied it up,

oh crap they couldn't sustain a f-ing drive and get a FG

oh crap there goes the game - the Lions attempt a 50 yard field goal ------- No Good

wait what?

Carpenter from 58 yards out ?!?!?! :w00t::beer: :beer: :worthy: r

my synopsis

Oh SHIP a pick 6. bummed from the start.

what a snooze fest, boring

THUNK Detroit

THUNK Buffalo

excellent they tied it up,

oh crap they couldn't sustain a f-ing drive and get a FG

oh crap there goes the game - the Lions attempt a 50 yard field goal ------- No Good

wait what?

Carpenter from 58 yards out ?!?!?! :w00t::beer: :beer: :worthy: r

And it would have been good from 65, what a freaking kick.

I was skeptical of the so-called "wide nine," and Schwartz's supposed philosophy of using the front four (and three) to generate pressure. Well, yesterday it was clear that he knows what he is doing. The Bills' front four (and sometimes three!) was crushing the Lions' pocket like an aluminum can on almost every passing play. I don't recall seeing something quite like that in a very long time. And without Kyle, no less. That was the difference in the game.