Perception of the Team. From an Ex Bills Fan

Dr. Trooth

i'm fairly confident that the op would suggest you divorce her immediately.

Seriously though. ..she doesn't understand why I get so angry over bills games. She says...you know they are going to disappoint you, probably be bad and usually lose, find improbable heart breaking ways to lose and you still get upset after it happens.

My reply is....its not that simple. Usually im the more logical of us. Sigh....

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though. ..she doesn't understand why I get so angry over bills games. She says...you know they are going to disappoint you, probably be bad and usually lose, find improbable heart breaking ways to lose and you still get upset after it happens.

My reply is....its not that simple. Usually im the more logical of us. Sigh....

Heart over head

When the Bills win a SB, yes it'll happen, you'll feel like such a dick. And I hope it happens soon, seeing as you've only been a Stillers fan for 4 seasons, that way it'll sting that much more.

You gave up on 40 years of being a fan and then have the balls to come back and criticize?

First, no attempt here to disparage or launch an assault on you Bills fans or team in any way. Just my honest unbiased perception of the current state of the Bills. So, please, don't be offended. Some of it may be your own perception.

After being a fan as a kid, going way back to the mid 60's, and even attending one of the Bills four Super Bowls, I'd become disgusted with the ambivalence of the Bills ownership and what I'd been seeing for several years, especially from 2010 forward. It just was not my Bills anymore. So, I'd had enough, looked at it as a good marriage gone bad and finally run it's course. I divorced and flipped from being a Bills fan to being a Steelers fan. I still very much enjoy football and follow a few teams, but I'm done with the emotional investment in the Bills. The Steelers are what I wished the Bills were or could become. I mean, come on, what Bills fan wouldn't enjoy, on average, a legitimate expectation of the Bills being in the playoffs 63% of the time and a 20% expectation that they will get to the Super Bowl each year... one every eight years (8 Super Bowl Appearances in 40 years). And, I believe the Steelers will either be in the playoffs again this year and have a meaningful game in week 17.

You guys are dealing with considerable uncertainty in the Post Ralph era. The ownership, front office, coaching staff, and the potential for either relocation or a new stadium. It does make me a bit sad about any potential for relocation, but for you it's got to be gut wrenching as highly engaged Bills fan. I feel for you and I'm pulling for you to get the right owner and for the stadium thing to work out if that's what it takes.

Even if a new owner takes over tomorrow, though, and is committed to Buffalo, there's likely to be another purge & rebuild, this time perhaps from top to bottom... which may not a bad thing long term, given their performance over the past umpteen seasons. I do hope you Bills fans get an owner that is committed to winning instead of continually pulling at your heart strings and picking your pockets. You're long overdue. If anyone deserves a winner it's you Bills fans. But, it's going to take some time for the new owner to right the ship... example... new NFL owners Khan and Haslam. How are Jacksonville and Cleveland progressing right now?

As for the Bills team right now. Believe it or not, I actually do see some good things, which I hope new ownership spots as well. But, I also see some big question marks, namely...

• Brandon. Brandon has been a good soldier for Ralph, just like Littman. He's a good guy that did his best to operate within the confines of Ralph's parameters. The question is, if the new owner makes the "W" a top priority does Russ have what it takes to meet those expectations? After 17 years in Ralph mode (no win mode) does he really know what it takes to win?

• Whaley. Good football mind, great professional. Like Brandon, he too operated within Ralph's parameters. Except for the drafting of Manuel (some blame it on Buddy Nix) he appears to have done a pretty darn good job of drafting, but as far as bringing in good veteran free agents... Legursky, Chris Williams, Alan Branch, Moeki, Rivers... it seems like Ralph mode to me, although Spikes seems to be a good one. Mike Williams seems to be a good aquisition, but who was behind that, Marrone or Whaley? Whaley does have a track record with a winning organization (Steelers). If the drafting of Manuel doesn't define him though, it may be the fact that he thought Sammy Watkins was the answer instead of being hell bent on getting a real QB. Watkins may well be very good, but will the new owner hold Whaley accountable for not having a QB that can get him the ball?

• Roster... seems solid. Potential top 5 defense. If there are holes it would seem to be OLB and OG... but a huge one at QB.

• QB.... Manuel? The perception of Manuel around the league, media, and most fans of football is not good. The media consensus is that he's somewhere between 30-32 of starting QBs and there's a reason for that. I'd heard about his struggles, but I only caught a part of one preseason game and my impression is that he just does not have the QB gene or natural QB mental acuity. Does not have pocket presence. Sees the rush way too much instead of looking down field, which causes him to make a misstep in the pocket, allowing his protection to break down. Result, sack or errant throw. He also does not get the ball out on time, and has a huge accuracy problem. A QB must make their decision and get rid of the football within 1.8 -3.0 seconds from snap to release 90% of the time. Check the stopwatch on your cell phone the next time Manuel plays . Better yet, have that cell phone stopwatch handy the next time you see Brady, Brees, or Manning play. It's consistently under 2.5 sec. And, Marrone's recent public discontent with the backup QB situation? That was brought up in a conversation with a couple of friends, one a Steelers fan, the other a Patriots fan and it was like whoa, all three of us thought... wasn't that a veiled shot at the QB situation in general, including, and specifically, at Manuel? Was it publically and emphatically directed as much at Whaley? I mean, what coach bitches publically about his backups if he's got an established starter? Does John Fox voice displeasure over Osweiller when Manning is his starter? Is Sean Payton worried about not having a good backup for Drew Brees? If Matt Ryan or Phil Rivers were the Bills starting QB right now instead of Manuel, do you believe Marrone would have expressed his displeasure with the backup QB situation publically, like he did? If either Ryan or Rivers were the Bills starter going into the season, would you care if the Bills backup QB was Tuel? Isn't the backup's job for an established QB to take a knee and once in a while hold the fort down for a game or two if the #1 goes down? If you have to bring in competition at QB, you have a problem. Roethlisburger, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Rivers, Ryan, Stafford, Luck.... do any of those guys have competition? So, I get the vibe that Marrone doesn't believe in Manuel as a bonafide or established QB and was behind the aquisition of Kyle Orton, not so much to be a backup as to be a lifeline for the team when he pulls the plug on Manuel.

• Marrone. Is he a good HC, and more importantly the right HC for the Bills? Well, he was hired when the team was in Ralph mode, so it was only fitting, and true to form, that soon after he was hired, the Bills FO would proceed to emasculate him by getting rid of a vet QB that was serviceable (until a better option was available) then serving him up two vet QBs, one being a concussion or doormat away from ending his career (which happened) and another vet that never accomplished anything. If that wasn't enough, they draft EJ Manuel... a 4-12 year project, if ever. It's like out of the gate Marrone was set up to fail (that's about the time I'd had enough and bailed as a Bills fan). Will the new owner recognize what the FO served him up, or will Marrone take the fall because of the FO's ineptitude in handling the QB situation? I see Marrone as a HC that is in "win now mode". I can't say I see the same from the FO, or maybe they just don't know what it takes to win after being in Ralph mode for so long. In your eyes, has the FO demonstrated they know what it takes to win? I get the feeling that Marrone has a better feel for whether a guy can play at a high level than Whaley. Marrone seems to want high functioning players and Whaley seems to just want to plug holes. Is it just me, or do you see the same? Marrone wants a QB.... so give the guy a QB and then assess his ability as HC. Does Marv Levy go to the playoffs without Jim Kelly? What's the common denominator of every playoff team in the last several years? QB, and a few of those teams have great ones. It wouldn't surprise me if Marrone gets canned if the Bills don't make a quantum leap this year. Personally, and stating this as an ex Bills fan removed from the emotional attachment, I think that would be a big mistake, but hey... it's your team. If he does get canned I believe it will work out for Marrone. I can see him being the successor to Tom Coughlin as the next Giants HC in a year or two. Bills loss, Giants gain.

Right, wrong or indifferent, but respectfully, that's my perception of the Bills team, without bias. I do wish you a successful season (please beat the snot out of the Patriots Dolphins and Jets). I may check in with you guys once during or after the season. Peace be with you. Go Steelers, but Go Bills too.

Good post, and perceptive. Thanks for posting.

First, no attempt here to disparage or launch an assault on you Bills fans or team in any way. Just my honest unbiased perception of the current state of the Bills. So, please, don't be offended. Some of it may be your own perception.

• Brandon. Brandon has been a good soldier for Ralph, just like Littman. He's a good guy that did his best to operate within the confines of Ralph's parameters. The question is, if the new owner makes the "W" a top priority does Russ have what it takes to meet those expectations? After 17 years in Ralph mode (no win mode) does he really know what it takes to win?

• Whaley. Good football mind, great professional. Like Brandon, he too operated within Ralph's parameters. Except for the drafting of Manuel (some blame it on Buddy Nix) he appears to have done a pretty darn good job of drafting, but as far as bringing in good veteran free agents... Legursky, Chris Williams, Alan Branch, Moeki, Rivers... it seems like Ralph mode to me, although Spikes seems to be a good one. Mike Williams seems to be a good aquisition, but who was behind that, Marrone or Whaley? Whaley does have a track record with a winning organization (Steelers). If the drafting of Manuel doesn't define him though, it may be the fact that he thought Sammy Watkins was the answer instead of being hell bent on getting a real QB. Watkins may well be very good, but will the new owner hold Whaley accountable for not having a QB that can get him the ball?

• Roster... seems solid. Potential top 5 defense. If there are holes it would seem to be OLB and OG... but a huge one at QB.

• Marrone. Is he a good HC, and more importantly the right HC for the Bills?

Same here, no attempt here to disparage or launch an assault on you in any way, but much of your post is your perception. Next time try doing some homework before posting some of these things. There are enough people here that post opinions and expect everyone to gobble them up like they're established facts.

Brandon got paid to sell lemons to people. He was in on it the whole time. It's been clear for years, at least to those looking at thing objectively, and before the starts of seasons, that this team was not going anywhere every season. The whole thing has been based on lies and for the greater part of that time Brandon was the Chief :Lying Officer. For that reason alone he needs to go when new ownership comes in. Littman, Overdorf, and Majeski can follow him out the door for similar reasons and because they're ancient fixtures here that also don't know what they're doing.

Whaley: Who says that Whaley's "a great football mind and great professional?" Besides some fans and media that is. He's an idiot and is in over his head. You said Whaley does have a track record with a winning organization (Steelers).

But what did he do there in Pittsburgh? You don't know, maybe some in the Steelers' organization know, but no one knows exactly. Seems like everyone that we or another team hires is automatically responsible for all of the good things that happened to his prior team under his purview but not responsible for any of the bad things. How absurd is that approach.

Whaley is now on record, locally, as having been the primary impetus behind the drafting of Whaley. So while some may "blame it on Nix," there's absolutely no basis for that shifting of blame. It was Whaley. And don't ask me for the link(s), I've posted them in the past and you can google them yourself.

Whaley, like all of our other prior GMs, has done a similar job of drafting. Let's not forget that Whaley didn't come here prior to last season, he was hired in 2010 top be the top personnel guy here. #1!!! He was the Asst. GM and Director of Personnel. So what now, Nix takes the blame for all of the 2010 thru 2013 drafts? Makes no sense.

For some stupid reason the Bills just love drawing overhyped guys from Pittsburgh. I don't get it.

Did you bother to look at our drafts during Whaley's tenure as such? The only thing left from his debut season is Spiller, who's a role-playing RB and has one foot out the door. The only thing left from 2011 are Dareus (Mr. Personal Issues), underachieving Aaron Williams, and Searcy, who's been a backup to date. From 2012 Gilmore is struggling to cement his status as a 10th overall draft pick, Glenn's playing well enough, Graham's gone, Bradham's underachieving (remember how Whaley told us that he was really a 1st-rounder?), and Brooks is around as a backup. Next season no doubt a few of them will be gone too under new ownership. Then there's last year's draft of course which has essentially Woods and Alonso as its only notable players only a year later. Manuel is a bust at 16th overall and Whaley just knew better than everyone and anyone that Manuel wouldn't be the 2nd to 5th rounder that others said he was. Woods has been good not great, Alonso's been great.

So during Whaley's entire time he's managed only one major impact player in the drafts, Alonso. There are a couple of good players, but none have stepped up to the level of impact yet. Dareus may be gone soon too, his inconsistency due to his menstral cycles hurts the team more than it helps.

Roster seems solid to you? Really?

Looks to me like the LB corps isn't ready to take on a single good passing team. We couldn't last season and our best and only notable pass defender there, Alonso, is out for the season. Spikes is a major, not minor, major liability on passing downs. I don't think that there's a worse MLB against the pass in the entire league. Really. The Pats took him out routinely on known passing plays for that very reason. So unless you want to claim that Marrone's better than Belichick ...

Rivers is OK but hardly anything above average, and Bradham has sucked since he's been here incapable of holding a starting spot. Preston Brown is OK but he's not much better against the pass than Spikes is.

Our secondary is just as bad as it was prior to last season when a pass-rush happy DC made it look better than it really was. Byrd's gone now, our only impact player in the secondary. McKelvin has sucked for years. Williams hasn't been great either. Searcy starts for the first time in replacement of Byrd and has struggled since he's been here too. Gilmore has not made the kind of progress that's expected from a 10th overall, not even close. Were you aware that despite our franchise record sack numbers last season we allowed 28 passing TDs, 3 more than in 2012?

The DL is very good if not great, especially every third or fourth game when Dareus decides to show up. But that back-7 is far from even average which we'll find out soon.

Marrone is a good head coach? Based on what exactly?

His .500 record in a sub-par secondary conference and entry into the inaugural Scott's Asswipes Bowl twice on 8-5 records? FWIW, his successor with much worse QBs and sophomore skill position talent as his top players achieved a 7-6 record, only a game worse than Marrone's best, and he did it in the ACC. Had you considered that?

Marrone is 6-10 in the NFL and at times looks like he's daydreaming about being on a beach somewhere on game days. He's clearly in well over his head. Coaching has been a huge issue here.

So not sure where you get this stuff from other than just making it up because it sounds good and originally it was what the talking heads in the media were mimicing.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Not much of a fan. I couldn't even consider just ceasing to become a Bills fan. Even when they suck. Which is all the time. This baffles me how you can just switch teams unless you have a kid or family member who is in the NFL and switched teams

Thanks Trooth, been a long time. Good post. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, specifically those they can back up.

I wonder if the discussion between Marrone and Whaley on the practice field last week had to do with the front office debating paying Orton given the uncertain QB situation. Who knows, but Marrone could not have been excited about Manuel after his pre-season performance. DM also doesn't seem like the kind of guy who plays soldier when he's fighting a losing battle and made it known he was not pleased.

Bye ya! and Eff off again, just like last time you posted your stupid crap. And Taskers Ghost and Bills Vet, you two should jump ship too lol, I have had you on ignore forever. Why do you guys do this to yourselves? Do you hire hookers to kick you in the nuts too?

Well....despite immediately revoking your man card after quitting on the Bills, your post was well written and concise. Although you are technically trolling, you are not wrong in much of what you state. The EJ stuff is typical of many trolls though. He performed well enough as a rookie to expect more this year. Rough pre-season, but I'll wait to judge him until at least 6 games in.

Now, get lost and enjoy the Steelers. Loser.

Loyalty is everything, so I didn't read anything except...

"First, no attempt here to disparage or launch an assault on you Bills fans or team in any way. Just my honest unbiased perception of the current state of the Bills. So, please, don't be offended. Some of it may be your own perception.

After being a fan as a kid, going way back to the mid 60's, and even attending one of the Bills four Super Bowls, I'd become disgusted with the ambivalence of the Bills ownership and"

I feel bad for you and your midlife crisis.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Call it maturity, life, or just perspective, but I am no longer as emotionally invested in the Bills as I once was.

But dropping them because they didn't win as much as I'd like? I can't imagine ever doing that...

I am going to cut the OP some slack. 14 years of losing (in really improbable ways) can do a lot of crazy things to people.

If he wanted to repent and return to us like a prodigal son, I would welcome him back home.

Come back, son. The riches of another 6-10 season await you. :D

Really? Guys like this would only switch back if they saw a Super Bowl win or at least an AFC championship for the Bills. I have admitted to attending more Seahawks games than Bills games over the past 17 years, but never became, nor will I ever become, relatively close to the Hawks fan that I am a Bills fan. Quitting on your team, in the context of any sport, is sacrilege and sufficient rationale for an extreme shunning.

Edit: I live in the Pac North West, the Hawks games are a proximity-based way to get my fill of NFL live experience. They just happen to currently be a great team to watch.

Edited by VanCity

I can associate with someone getting so fed up with the past owner that they jump ship to a different team, and If I had moved to a different locale I might have done the same.

It has been a very difficult 14 years, and knowing that the owner wasn't vested in winning over the team making a profit. His downright refusal to draft a QB with a first round pick, build a proper O line, hire a top NFL head coach.

Lets hope the new owner wants to win as badly as the greatest NFL fans on earth :D

I can't associate with it. I have been gone from Buffalo for nearly 30 years, kept season tickets for the first 15, and have never missed seeing a game. I live in MD but would never even think of "becoming" a Ravens or Deadskins fan. He was obviously not much of a fan to begin with. Good riddance and keep your uninformed opinions to yourself. Please spare me the 14 years of frustration stuff. Anyone else wants to jump off the train, feel free.

I just don't understand how you wake up one day and decide to go be a Steelers fan. I've got no respect for someone like you. Why waste your time here? Go post on a Steelers board about how awesome the Steelers are and how much those six championships meant to you. You have no heart.

I just don't understand how you wake up one day and decide to go be a Steelers fan. I've got no respect for someone like you. Why waste your time here? Go post on a Steelers board about how awesome the Steelers are and how much those six championships meant to you. You have no heart.

He can't, he wasn't a fan of the Steelers when they actually won those championships...

Why not just pick the team that just won the Super Bowl, then you can feel all warm and fuzzy about "your team".

After being a fan as a kid, going way back to the mid 60's, and even attending one of the Bills four Super Bowls, I'd become disgusted with the ambivalence of the Bills ownership and what I'd been seeing for several years, especially from 2010 forward. It just was not my Bills anymore. So, I'd had enough, looked at it as a good marriage gone bad and finally run it's course. I divorced and flipped from being a Bills fan to being a Steelers fan. I still very much enjoy football and follow a few teams, but I'm done with the emotional investment in the Bills. The Steelers are what I wished the Bills were or could become. I mean, come on, what Bills fan wouldn't enjoy, on average, a legitimate expectation of the Bills being in the playoffs 63% of the time and a 20% expectation that they will get to the Super Bowl each year... one every eight years (8 Super Bowl Appearances in 40 years). And, I believe the Steelers will either be in the playoffs again this year and have a meaningful game in week 17.

You guys are dealing with considerable uncertainty in the Post Ralph era. The ownership, front office, coaching staff, and the potential for either relocation or a new stadium. It does make me a bit sad about any potential for relocation, but for you it's got to be gut wrenching as highly engaged Bills fan. I feel for you and I'm pulling for you to get the right owner and for the stadium thing to work out if that's what it takes.

Even if a new owner takes over tomorrow, though, and is committed to Buffalo, there's likely to be another purge & rebuild, this time perhaps from top to bottom... which may not a bad thing long term, given their performance over the past umpteen seasons. I do hope you Bills fans get an owner that is committed to winning instead of continually pulling at your heart strings and picking your pockets. You're long overdue. If anyone deserves a winner it's you Bills fans. But, it's going to take some time for the new owner to right the ship... example... new NFL owners Khan and Haslam. How are Jacksonville and Cleveland progressing right now?

As for the Bills team right now. Believe it or not, I actually do see some good things, which I hope new ownership spots as well. But, I also see some big question marks, namely...

• QB.... Manuel? The perception of Manuel around the league, media, and most fans of football is not good. The media consensus is that he's somewhere between 30-32 of starting QBs and there's a reason for that. I'd heard about his struggles, but I only caught a part of one preseason game and my impression is that he just does not have the QB gene or natural QB mental acuity. Does not have pocket presence. Sees the rush way too much instead of looking down field, which causes him to make a misstep in the pocket, allowing his protection to break down. Result, sack or errant throw. He also does not get the ball out on time, and has a huge accuracy problem. A QB must make their decision and get rid of the football within 1.8 -3.0 seconds from snap to release 90% of the time. Check the stopwatch on your cell phone the next time Manuel plays . Better yet, have that cell phone stopwatch handy the next time you see Brady, Brees, or Manning play. It's consistently under 2.5 sec. And, Marrone's recent public discontent with the backup QB situation? That was brought up in a conversation with a couple of friends, one a Steelers fan, the other a Patriots fan and it was like whoa, all three of us thought... wasn't that a veiled shot at the QB situation in general, including, and specifically, at Manuel? Was it publically and emphatically directed as much at Whaley? I mean, what coach bitches publically about his backups if he's got an established starter? Does John Fox voice displeasure over Osweiller when Manning is his starter? Is Sean Payton worried about not having a good backup for Drew Brees? If Matt Ryan or Phil Rivers were the Bills starting QB right now instead of Manuel, do you believe Marrone would have expressed his displeasure with the backup QB situation publically, like he did? If either Ryan or Rivers were the Bills starter going into the season, would you care if the Bills backup QB was Tuel? Isn't the backup's job for an established QB to take a knee and once in a while hold the fort down for a game or two if the #1 goes down? If you have to bring in competition at QB, you have a problem. Roethlisburger, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Rivers, Ryan, Stafford, Luck.... do any of those guys have competition? So, I get the vibe that Marrone doesn't believe in Manuel as a bonafide or established QB and was behind the aquisition of Kyle Orton, not so much to be a backup as to be a lifeline for the team when he pulls the plug on Manuel.

• Marrone. Is he a good HC, and more importantly the right HC for the Bills? Well, he was hired when the team was in Ralph mode, so it was only fitting, and true to form, that soon after he was hired, the Bills FO would proceed to emasculate him by getting rid of a vet QB that was serviceable (until a better option was available) then serving him up two vet QBs, one being a concussion or doormat away from ending his career (which happened) and another vet that never accomplished anything. If that wasn't enough, they draft EJ Manuel... a 4-12 year project, if ever. It's like out of the gate Marrone was set up to fail (that's about the time I'd had enough and bailed as a Bills fan). Will the new owner recognize what the FO served him up, or will Marrone take the fall because of the FO's ineptitude in handling the QB situation? I see Marrone as a HC that is in "win now mode". I can't say I see the same from the FO, or maybe they just don't know what it takes to win after being in Ralph mode for so long. In your eyes, has the FO demonstrated they know what it takes to win? I get the feeling that Marrone has a better feel for whether a guy can play at a high level than Whaley. Marrone seems to want high functioning players and Whaley seems to just want to plug holes. Is it just me, or do you see the same? Marrone wants a QB.... so give the guy a QB and then assess his ability as HC. Does Marv Levy go to the playoffs without Jim Kelly? What's the common denominator of every playoff team in the last several years? QB, and a few of those teams have great ones. It wouldn't surprise me if Marrone gets canned if the Bills don't make a quantum leap this year. Personally, and stating this as an ex Bills fan removed from the emotional attachment, I think that would be a big mistake, but hey... it's your team. If he does get canned I believe it will work out for Marrone. I can see him being the successor to Tom Coughlin as the next Giants HC in a year or two. Bills loss, Giants gain.

Right, wrong or indifferent, but respectfully, that's my perception of the Bills team, without bias. I do wish you a successful season (please beat the snot out of the Patriots Dolphins and Jets). I may check in with you guys once during or after the season. Peace be with you. Go Steelers, but Go Bills too.

Well written and rational. Very interesting hearing it from this type of perspective. Excellent post trooth!

Can we just close this thread and ban the "former fan?" There is no reason to keep a stated troll around.

Because banning things is how we solve issues and debate in modern society. How about actually debating someone rather than taking the easy route of suppressing their argument through force? Or is that too difficult?

Bye ya! and Eff off again, just like last time you posted your stupid crap. And Taskers Ghost and Bills Vet, you two should jump ship too lol, I have had you on ignore forever. Why do you guys do this to yourselves? Do you hire hookers to kick you in the nuts too?

There's a lot of intolerance of others opinions around here. As Patton once said, "if everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

I frankly don't care who you ignore because it's clear that you can't tolerate anyone who thinks differently. If you accept failure in the name of fan-hood, more power to you. I don't and if that's worthy of your bluster here, so be it.

Why are so many posters here acting like whiny little bitches who got stood up for the middle school dance?

He bothered enough to write a well thought out opinion of the current state of the Bills from an outsiders perception but also as someone who has in the past followed the Bills closely. It was far better than most drivel I have seen in the media lately.

I did not see anything insulting in what he wrote, and I have to think that most football fans see things the same way.

Time to sack up and grow a pair.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I've rooted for the Bills since a kid in 1960. They're my one and only team. If they leave town and Buffalo has no team, my interest in pro football will be very very low, if at all. When they lose I love to complain about them and tell everyone what I think is wrong. When they win, I'm filled with joy and happiness and brag alot. Either way, I'll always be a fan of the Buffalo Bills as long as I or the Bills are in existence,

I listen to Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller on the NFL channel on SiriusXM radio a lot and their perception of EJ is the jury is still out. In their opinions the Bills will go as well as EJ takes them. EJ has all the talent in place around him and can go to the playoffs if he performs at a high level.

Why are so many posters here acting like whiny little bitches who got stood up for the middle school dance?

He bothered enough to write a well thought out opinion of the current state of the Bills from an outsiders perception but also as someone who has in the past followed the Bills closely.

I did not see anything insulting in what he wrote, and I have to think that most football fans see things the same way.

Time to sack up and grow a pair.

It's actually the best post I have read on this site in a while. It was a good break from all the nonsense that is posted here on a daily basis..

The Bills do not look good right now. This is Marrone's make or break year and he has thrown all the chips on Manuel to do the job. That's good as this is Manuel's make or break year. Using up two number one picks on Sammy is a gutsy move but it had better pay off right away...just sayin...I have a feeling that if we do not get to the playoffs this year the coaching carousel will begin again and the new guy will start looking for a qb.

Little-known fact that Dr. Trooth is a professional writer. He got paid thirty pieces of silver to write this.

I have decided that I am now a Seahawks fan. If someone could please let me know who the best team is in every other sport, I'd appreciate it because I'm a fan of them now as well. I'm also an ex-fan of loyalty.

The Bills are a good QB and good OC from being a contender. I'm expecting to see Orton starting at some point this season. While it took to the 5th preseason game to get the O-line settled, it happened way too late as it's going to take some time for the O-line to gel. Seeing the O-line unable to open holes in the run game and seeing Glass Joe get hit against the Lions backups was not a good sign. If Marrone was smart, he'd can Hackett ASAP. I feel the defense has improved, same with Special Teams, but the offense has regressed significantly which will be the reason why the Bills will fail (again) this year. I'm going with the 14 year average of 6-10 (again), give or take a game or two. Sorry, no blind optimism from me (until Pegula is the new Bills owner).