What is better, no guns, or more guns?

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

When I read this post I like to imagine you have the voice of Alex Jones.

Fascinating rebuttal. Brief, concise, and totally irrelevant. If nothing else, you're consistent.

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I do hate to disappoint.

You can only disappoint if you show signs of original thought and then fail to deliver. No original thought has been forwarded on your part, so you're good so far. 

:thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

All Hail the NARRATIVE ! !

"The guns were a less lethal weapon than firearms used in other recent mass shootings, such as the AR-15"

Does USA Today not have a single writer on staff who knows about guns? Because to say a shotgun is “less-lethal” is inane:

WTF ? Less lethal? Ten innocent souls are gone. That IS lethal.

There is no less lethal! What a shame that USA Today is so beholden to the Leftist Narrative.

Something tells me this article won’t be up long

I posted in the Parkland thread that the left would play it that way.  I wish I could predict football games as well as political narratives.

• Like (+1) 1

For what little I know about the Santa Fe tragedy  , I put blame on the father for not locking up his guns. The shooter might have used his explosives or molotov cocktail  for same result though.

Someone ignored his warning  signs I would guess.  

7 hours ago, thebug said:

You are the crack dealer in the neighbourhood who says I will protect you from all the druggies coming into the neighbourhood. Thanks! 

Typical of all Canadians, you don't know how to spell.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

When I read this post I like to imagine you have the voice of Alex Jones.

Common man. Try hearing it in the voice of Wally Cox, or Ed Wynn, or Napoleon Dynamite. Be creative in your fantasies. And remember to keep all your firearms and Molotov cocktails under lock and key. The rest of us want to feel safe from you and your possible random acts of terror on the law abiding innocents. 

The guy who put my dock in yesterday blamed Trump, guns and the media.  I thought that was pretty all-inclusive.  I'm more apt to blame violent video games, the incessant repititious media coverage of violence in general, and emotionally absent parents who don't take the time to guide their kids through the rocks and shoals of 21st Century culture.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:30 PM, B-Man said:

Santa Fe Tragedy And The Mind Of The Left: A Primer

By Alex Parker

The Left wants your guns, and they want them now.

That is the overwhelming conclusion from the media coverage of Fridays’ shooting in Texas. Horribly, ten were killed at Santa Fe High School; immediately, the Left — in the political, news, and entertainment realms — began their quest for your guns.

They want your guns.

{snip}

And why?

Because, to some people walking around at this very moment, the way to solve the problem of one bad guy with a gun who is willing to break the law by murdering the masses…is to disarm all good people with guns who are willing to follow the law and capable of defending themselves.

The logic of this escapes me.......................And, probably, you.

But somehow, there are brains floating in fluid inside skulls all over this continent, which have reached this conclusion.

They want your guns.

And they want them now.

Anything less is unacceptable.

Therefore, during MSNBC’s reporting on the tragedy today, former ATF agent and NBC law enforcement pundit Jim Cavanaugh used the opportunity to bash President Trump for his expressed sympathy for the victims:

“So these are ongoing, ongoing issues. And you know, we’re just not getting the politicians to stand up. I mean, the President — those are empty words.”

“Empty words,” because you still have your guns.

And the Left want your guns.

Host Ali Velshi agreed with Cavanaugh: “Yep.” The guest continued:

“They don’t walk the talk, they do not walk the talk. They talk, they talk, it’s all empty.”

“[Walking] the talk,” meaning taking your guns.

I wish taking the guns of good people would magically eliminate gun crime committed by bad people. That would eliminate, for self-defense purposes, the need of good people to have guns in the first place.

However, if all the guns are taken from all the good people, bad people are still going to use guns to murder good people. And, if commons sense plays any part, they will kill more good people, because those good people will be unarmed.

At that point, we’ll be in a worse situation than now. And we will have wasted time, effort, and resources on making the world an even less safe place.

Nevertheless, no amount of this rationale will reach the made-up minds to the contrary.

Am I saying our gun laws are perfect? No way. The state of mental health care? Not by a long shot. All I’m saying is this:

They....................... Want................... Your..................... Guns.

.https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/2018/05/18/santa-fe-tragedy-mind-left-primer/

If you were standing on the front steps of that school in Texas and saw that kid entering....would you have thought it appropriate to take away the guns in his possession?

Edited by baskin
Spelling

8 minutes ago, baskin said:

If you were standing on the front steps of that school in Texas and saw that kid entering....would you have thought it appropriate to take away the guns in his possession?

Yes, now go away.

7 hours ago, baskin said:

No way.  I'd have made sure he was in the NRA. Had a few marksmanship classes provided by the us military.  And knew the difference between a clip and a magazine.

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

No way.  I'd have made sure he was in the NRA. Had a few marksmanship classes provided by the us military.  And knew the difference between a clip and a magazine.

Well at least you can make jokes about your own contradictions

1 minute ago, baskin said:

Well at least you can make jokes about your own contradictions

I don't have contradictions. I'm not contradicted at all by the shooting. **** happens. I slept like a baby last night. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't have contradictions. I'm not contradicted at all by the shooting. **** happens. I slept like a baby last night. 

You are right...I guess I am aware that some one elses death is the price you are willing to pay for unlimited gun rights

29 minutes ago, baskin said:

You are right...I guess I am aware that some one elses death is the price you are willing to pay for unlimited gun rights

Just as much as you are willing to pay the price of someone else's death for you to be able to drive your car.

We do not have unlimited gun rights but you and your ilk want to chip away at them until they're gone.

33 minutes ago, baskin said:

Wow! “Unlimited gun rights.” What state do you live in? I moved out of New Jersey after they passed the “One gun a month” bill. I couldn’t afford to buy one gun every month. Well, I could actually, but I didn’t need nor want all of those guns. 

6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Wow! “Unlimited gun rights.” What state do you live in? I moved out of New Jersey after they passed the “One gun a month” bill. I couldn’t afford to buy one gun every month. Well, I could actually, but I didn’t need nor want all of those guns. 

Just because you didn't want nor need all of those guns is irrelevant.  You should have bought one gun a month and redistributed to the less fortunate.

Be Progressive!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, baskin said:

i don't want women to have the right to vote and sacrifice that right in order to keep the second...

besides, not fur nuttin but i have no gun rights.

16 hours ago, baskin said:

The same philosophical underpinnings which elevate the right to free speech, the right to self-determination, the right to freedom of religion, also elevate the right to bear arms.

You cannot undercut the elevation of one of those rights without doing so to all of your rights, as you've made a statement that it is OK for the government to infringe on the natural human rights of it's citizens.

Either the individual is elevated, and freedom is sacrosanct; or the Enlightenment was wrong and man should live in captivity under monarchs.  You can't have it both ways.

17 hours ago, baskin said:

Hey baskin, are you willing to die for your right to speak out against King George?

Is everybody blind and stupid?

17 hours ago, baskin said:

Unlimited gun rights?

Really?

Unlimited?

I guess if you want an unlimited ban, you have to lie about unlimited rights.

Trump/Pence 2020 thank you for your ignorance.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, LABillzFan said:

Unlimited gun rights?

Really?

Unlimited?

I guess if you want an unlimited ban, you have to lie about unlimited rights.

Trump/Pence 2020 thank you for your ignorance.

What's truly amazing is that he's still not as stupid as Grant...

Baltimore Teen Arrested After Death of Officer

Won't be any screaming at the sky protests or hair pulling here, or sitting during

the anthem over this. CNN probably barely interupted stormy coverage for this story.

This is why police have itchy fingers.

no guns

put LSD in the water supply

release all prisoners, fire the police and the miltary

then UTOPIA to enjoy

(this was actually proclaimed and parroted by the media in the late 1960s as a reasonable set of things to do)

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

no guns

put LSD in the water supply

release all prisoners, fire the police and the miltary

then UTOPIA to enjoy

(this was actually proclaimed and parroted by the media in the late 1960s as a reasonable set of things to do)

Yes, that might work for Canadians to turn them back to the right a little bit.

13 minutes ago, Real News said:

It's a logical answer to the question in the thread title.

No, a logical answer would be since we can't eliminate all guns then we have to make sure the good guys have guns to protect themselves from the bad guys. That is, unless you have some way to get rid of all guns. Do you?

16 minutes ago, Real News said:

It's a logical answer to the question in the thread title.

Only if you're an idiot.  So, it's true. That's the best you can do. Congratulations on a participation trophy.