What is better, no guns, or more guns?

From a "well-named" Senator.....

This is heartbreaking. Chicago has lost far too many aspiring young people to senseless gun violence.

When will Republicans in Congress finally decide to act?

Last Republican Mayor in Chicago ?

88 years ago.

Edited by B-Man

On 9/10/2018 at 11:17 AM, B-Man said:

From a "well-named" Senator.....

Last Republican Mayor in Chicago ?

88 years ago.

b18VjoDK_bigger.jpgDoug Mataconis‏ @dmataconis

Bill Daley to run for Chicago mayor | http://abc7chicago.com 

Two responses...........

DL21NuCN_bigger.jpgStephen MillerVerified account @redsteeze 3h3 hours ago
If anyone can fix the Democrat corruption in Chicago, it's a Daley.

Replying to @dmataconis

Sweet Meteor Of Death... Please land here.

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 9/7/2018 at 11:36 PM, B-Man said:

Thumbnail

When did he go after guns? In fact, as a regular gun store patron, I must say that during his 8 years the gun stores of Georgia were packed. And of course we all remember the horrific ammo shortages post-Sandyhook. You couldn't buy a box of .22 in Georgia for almost a year because ya couldn't find it!

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

When did he go after guns? In fact, as a regular gun store patron, I must say that during his 8 years the gun stores of Georgia were packed. And of course we all remember the horrific ammo shortages post-Sandyhook. You couldn't buy a box of .22 in Georgia for almost a year because ya couldn't find it!

Why was ammo so scarce?

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why was ammo so scarce?

Everybody FREAKED and bought everything post Sandyhook. Prices on AR's doubled; people were selling them at 300% value private party. 

There was no ammo anywhere for the longest. And when it came back in stock you were restricted on how much you could buy. Things are back to normal now of course. But after Sandyhook the thought was gun control was coming, so Georgians bought everything. And the private party shenanigans drove prices to obscene levels. Like if you could guy a bucket of bullets at the store for $100, it'd be easy to sell it on the internet for $200 or more. So people were doing that. That kept the ammo scarcity going for longer than it needed to.

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why was ammo so scarce?

There was fear of them banning or requiring ATF checks to buy it.

Manufacturers wouldn't increase manufacturing capacity, fully expecting a return to normal at some point.

47 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

You smoke pot, right?  Then it's illegal for you to own a gun.  As ATF reaffirmed in a letter on 9/21/2011.

Literally, the Obama administration went after your guns.

34 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

It’s not really a big deal. Ya just lie. 

So, you're up for breaking the law to own a firearm.  Good to know.  When you shoot up a school or whatever gay bar you frequent or some country concert for Alan Jackson it will be the headline "man posses gun illegally and kills thousands.  Scoffed at law."

And it'll be on you. Not the gun.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Everybody FREAKED and bought everything post Sandyhook. Prices on AR's doubled; people were selling them at 300% value private party. 

There was no ammo anywhere for the longest. And when it came back in stock you were restricted on how much you could buy. Things are back to normal now of course. But after Sandyhook the thought was gun control was coming, so Georgians bought everything. And the private party shenanigans drove prices to obscene levels. Like if you could guy a bucket of bullets at the store for $100, it'd be easy to sell it on the internet for $200 or more. So people were doing that. That kept the ammo scarcity going for longer than it needed to.

thumb_nra-firearms-ammunition-salesman-o

57 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

thumb_nra-firearms-ammunition-salesman-o

I hate the NRA, but that’s correct. 

A lot of gun store owners I know (and by that I mean both of them) considered Obama’s last day bittersweet. 

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

So, you're up for breaking the law to own a firearm.  Good to know.  When you shoot up a school or whatever gay bar you frequent or some country concert for Alan Jackson it will be the headline "man posses gun illegally and kills thousands.  Scoffed at law."

And it'll be on you. Not the gun.

Yeah, I can’t tell how serious you’re being so I’ll just give this a sarcastic chuckle. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

A lot of gun store owners I know (and by that I mean both of them) considered Obama’s last day bittersweet. 

Yeah, I can’t tell how serious you’re being so I’ll just give this a sarcastic chuckle. 

Just don't shoot up a school and stay out of gay bars and you should be ok.

12 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

If you shot someone in defense and killed them with marijuana in your system and his name was "DeAndre," "Javier," or "Ashley" you'd be !@#$ed.

But, your lifestyle and having a gun is illegal. Too complicated for you to grasp, eh?  Don't worry, I don't own a gun either.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just don't shoot up a school and stay out of gay bars and you should be ok.

WTF? Do y’all think I’m a psycho? I’m opinionated but I’d never do anything like that.  

Ive seen dead kids man. Worst thing in the world.  

Just now, The_Dude said:

WTF? Do y’all think I’m a psycho? I’m opinionated but I’d never do anything like that.  

Me too. It was hilarious. Not like Chris Stevens funny, but I gently chuckled.

But, yes, if you smoke weed and have a gun then I am concerned about your mental state and believe the authorities need to confiscate it, per the law.  Psycho

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Well, if you have to go in the gay bars go ahead, just don't take your weapon with you.

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

It’s not really a big deal. Ya just lie. 

What's not a big deal?  That you smoke pot?  Or that the Obama Administration took a stricter line enforcing the law against pot smokers owning guns?

Keep in mind, this time I'm not giving you **** for being a stoner (else I would have mentioned Tom Petty.)  I'm just pointing out the objective fact: you smoke pot, so Obama's ATF was literally coming for your guns.

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What's not a big deal?  That you smoke pot?  Or that the Obama Administration took a stricter line enforcing the law against pot smokers owning guns?

Keep in mind, this time I'm not giving you **** for being a stoner (else I would have mentioned Tom Petty.)  I'm just pointing out the objective fact: you smoke pot, so Obama's ATF was literally coming for your guns.

...Tom Petty was awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

TRUMP says he has directed AG Sessions "to immediately go to the great city of Chicago to help straighten out the terrible shooting wave" and will recommend the city institute "Stop and Frisk"

2375_84984116216_633511216_2728356_71328David Burge @iowahawkblog 22m22 minutes ago

Well I guess that's one way of getting rid of Sessions

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(ad already taken off youtube)

That'll be the stupidest thing I've seen all day.  At least it's afternoon today.

I think I'm going to start tweeting #StupidestThingI'veSeenAllDay once a day.

• Haha (+1) 2

Yes - The most appropriate thing to do after a shooting is - first thing - is to tell the people who got shot (and the surviving friends and families) at their church or school that the reason they got shot was because they did not carry a gun or have an armed guard out front.

Edited by TH3

Just now, TH3 said:

Yes - The most appropriate thing to do in a shooting is - first thing - is to tell the people who got shot (and the surviving friends and families) at their church or school is the reason the got shot was because they did not carry a gun or have an armed guard out front.

Which (of course) not what happened or what was said, but spin away

• Like (+1) 1