What is better, no guns, or more guns?

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

What do you not understand about this? Actually punishing criminals involves throwing out sentencing guidelines like the ones you note. 

Oh I understand fully and that’s why we laws and guidelines. 

Read up - educate yourself 

Understanding Sentencing Guidelines for Michigan Criminal Cases

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Our well-regulated militia in action again tonight - thoughts and prayers on the way 

Go ahead! Work to pass an amendment to the constitution. While I truly appreciate your passion for this topic I have no idea what good you think you’re doing on this message board day and night. 

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Go ahead! Work to pass an amendment to the constitution. While I truly appreciate your passion for this topic I have no idea what good you think you’re doing on this message board day and night. 

Whaaaaaaat? 

Dude, you've posted or reacted to something on this forum 30+ times in the last 9 hours.  Retirement must be dull! 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

Amazing that these mass shootings weren't a thing until we had a few decades of societal decay brought to you courtesy of the left. These dunces blame the GOP when an idiot shoots innocents with a handgun in a “ gun free zone” . Their stupidity knows no bounds. The gun isn’t the problem , Billsy. The scumbag is the problem. More incarceration is needed, not less. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Amazing that these mass shootings weren't a thing until we had a few decades of societal decay brought to you courtesy of the left. These dunces blame the GOP when an idiot shoots innocents with a handgun in a “ gun free zone” . Their stupidity knows no bounds. The gun isn’t the problem , Billsy. The scumbag is the problem. More incarceration is needed, not less. 

GOP constantly works to ensure that anybody with a pulse can get a gun while people are constantly being killed by guns 

Galaxy brain geniuses: this is the fault of the libs!

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

GOP constantly works to ensure that anybody with a pulse can get a gun while people are constantly being killed by guns 

Law abiding people have the right to buy guns , yes. Libs constantly work to ensure that criminals go free. When will they see that bad people are the problem, not a gun ? No one is a “ bad person” in liberal land. The gun kills no one on its own. 

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

1920s-thompson-submachine-gun_1_37e09409140ba923126ecbc9dc57e4e1.jpg.3314ec915048f7af88eca59694ecf265.jpg

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

? What? 

Advertisement for a machine gun you could order by mail. When anybody with a pulse was actually able to get not just a gun, but a gun that is now illegal to manufacture because of how murdery it is. 

Strangely enough we never read about the mass shootings perpetrated by the folks who got guns sent directly through the mail in the 1920s. 

• Like (+1) 1

And actual fun fact about the Thompson advertised above, the postal inspectors used them in the ‘20s. Price was about $200 per, not cheap by 1920s standards, but adjusted for inflation I imagine it’s on par with some high end semi automatics today. 

15 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Advertisement for a machine gun you could order by mail. When anybody with a pulse was actually able to get not just a gun, but a gun that is now illegal to manufacture because of how murdery it is. 

Strangely enough we never read about the mass shootings perpetrated by the folks who got guns sent directly through the mail in the 1920s. 

Because the guns were being used to rob banks at the time. John Dillinger and people of his “ profession” outgunned the cops. Guns cause more problems than mass shootings, unfortunately 

17 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Strangely enough, I believe gun violence in the 1920s due to the availability of the Thompson gun was the beginning of the gun control debate in this country.

https://www.npr.org/2016/06/30/484215890/prohibition-era-gang-violence-spurred-congress-to-pass-first-gun-law

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LeviF said:

And actual fun fact about the Thompson advertised above, the postal inspectors used them in the ‘20s. Price was about $200 per, not cheap by 1920s standards, but adjusted for inflation I imagine it’s on par with some high end semi automatics today. 

But it weighs a lot more! My buddy had one and I was surprised how much it weighed, and the clips of ammo were heavy too 

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Strangely enough, I believe gun violence in the 1920s due to the availability of the Thompson gun was the beginning of the gun control debate in this country.

https://www.npr.org/2016/06/30/484215890/prohibition-era-gang-violence-spurred-congress-to-pass-first-gun-law

And the gangs power grew to the point of those mass shootings due to congress passing the 18th amendment.  

Similar to the current gun/gang problem that thrived with the war on drugs.

45 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Indeed. Law enforcement agencies quickly found themselves behind the 8 ball. 

The Thompson was also a chosen weapon of the IRA in the 20s. 

46 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But it weighs a lot more! My buddy had one and I was surprised how much it weighed, and the clips of ammo were heavy too 

Yeah they ain’t light that’s for sure. Polymers and plastics have made weapons much lighter. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Indeed. Law enforcement agencies quickly found themselves behind the 8 ball. 

The Thompson was also a chosen weapon of the IRA in the 20s. 

Yeah they ain’t light that’s for sure. Polymers and plastics have made weapons much lighter. 

I got to shoot a Browning BAR a while back. Talk about weight! Would love to have one though. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/18/2023 at 6:05 PM, LeviF said:

Having your views objectively confirmed as 100% correct in real time is a nice feeling that happens to me almost every day. Y’all should try it some time. 

A very popular "State of Exemption" that has provided much needed results in that country.  But you think Americans would go for what is basically Martial Law with full government surveillance of it's citizens?  It's not just harsh penalties and suspending the rights to legal council.  On top of that.... In December 2021, the United States government accused Bukele of negotiating a secret agreement with the gangs, reducing violence in return for financial and prison benefits. 

8 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

A very popular "State of Exemption" that has provided much needed results in that country.  But you think Americans would go for what is basically Martial Law with full government surveillance of it's citizens?  It's not just harsh penalties and suspending the rights to legal council.  On top of that.... In December 2021, the United States government accused Bukele of negotiating a secret agreement with the gangs, reducing violence in return for financial and prison benefits. 

Yeah, an agreement that, if it even existed, clearly went south fairly quickly. 

Membership in a criminal street gang is already an escalator for sentencing under federal law. No need for martial law, empower local police agencies to utilize regional gang task force members to quickly identify street gang affiliate suspects and round them up.

And I have bad news regarding 24/7 surveillance of American citizens. 

On 2/20/2023 at 2:24 PM, LeviF said:

Yeah, an agreement that, if it even existed, clearly went south fairly quickly. 

Membership in a criminal street gang is already an escalator for sentencing under federal law. No need for martial law, empower local police agencies to utilize regional gang task force members to quickly identify street gang affiliate suspects and round them up.

And I have bad news regarding 24/7 surveillance of American citizens. 

The Patriot Act was a thing of beauty. 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I am very ok if the superintendent is charge with child endangerment. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/toronto/2023/2/20/1_6281531.amp.html

I hope this is all formality and in a few weeks he is not charged, if people breaking in to your home does not make an armed response reasonable I am not sure what could 

THAT’S NOW HOW THIS WORKS! THAT’S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS. 

Marshall University Prof: Cops and Vets Earn Their Second Amendment Rights Through Months of Training.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/marshall-university-prof-cops-and-vets-earn-their-second-amendment-rights-through-months-of-training/

Hey Prof !

You don't 'earn' your civil rights, they are yours at birth.

Added: and yes, everyone should be trained, but that isn't the point here.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

THAT’S NOW HOW THIS WORKS! THAT’S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS. 

Marshall University Prof: Cops and Vets Earn Their Second Amendment Rights Through Months of Training.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/marshall-university-prof-cops-and-vets-earn-their-second-amendment-rights-through-months-of-training/

Hey Prof !

You don't 'earn' your civil rights, they are yours at birth.

Added: and yes, everyone should be trained, but that isn't the point here.

And just because you're a veteran, doesn't mean you go through "months of *FIREARM* training". 

You can be a 92Y (supply, for example) and only fire a weapon in basic for a couple of weeks and then once a year to 'requalify". In basic, you'll RARELY ever see a sidearm (pistol) and will likely never handle one unless you're an officer. To think just because you served, you're 'weapons trained' is comical. I know plenty of people who I served with that SUCK at handling guns. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

And just because you're a veteran, doesn't mean you go through "months of *FIREARM* training". 

You can be a 92Y (supply, for example) and only fire a weapon in basic for a couple of weeks and then once a year to 'requalify". In basic, you'll RARELY ever see a sidearm (pistol) and will likely never handle one unless you're an officer. To think just because you served, you're 'weapons trained' is comical. I know plenty of people who I served with that SUCK at handling guns. 

Similarly, I've done requals and, gasp, remedial trainings for cops who clearly didn't know a barrel from a butthole. And it's not "months" of training, the curriculum when most cops in NY went through academy includes 48 hours of firearms training.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Similarly, I've done requals and, gasp, remedial trainings for cops who clearly didn't know a barrel from a butthole. And it's not "months" of training, the curriculum when most cops in NY went through academy includes 48 hours of firearms training.

People like the professor at Marshall, are completely clueless. 

I'll never forget the last day we turned in our M16A2 at basic (Ft. Leonard Wood), we were in formation outside the armory. We did our typical "dry fire" to make sure the weapon was clear. Some idiot girl squeezed a round off. She was discharged that afternoon and not allowed to get back in. 

Military or CLEET ≠ good at handling a firearm 

• Like (+1) 1