What is better, no guns, or more guns?

11 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

So sadly true.   And morons will fixate on absurd social issues rather than dealing with our gun problem.  Just put a line in the sand for what guns are too dangerous for the public.  That will at least be a positive start.

There are different things we could do to start reducing gun deaths without preventing law abiding citizens from having guns. 

But there’s no point in discussing possible solutions to a problem that half the people here don’t seem to believe actually exists.

Apparently some people are perfectly content with dead kids so long as they aren’t mildly inconvenienced. Weird coming from the “protect kids from the gay penguin book” crowd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Several questions of how to stop this:

1)how do we disarm bad guys without removing guns form good guys? I can state with certainty that there is an average of at least one gun per household in my neighborhood but never an oz of issue, but it helps keeps criminals out. 

2) how do we delineate those who truly should not have guns? This could easily become a political witchhunt for either side.

3) who job is it to enforce these rules? The Marjory Stoneman shooting was entirely predictable, he said he was gonna do prior to doing it. The kid in Uvalde ordered a gun to his grandfather's house who could not legally buy one. We don't enforce the laws we have now, what will change that will get guns away from bad guys? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Looks like the shooter has been identified as Transgender … first I’ve seen it confirmed. Anyway, this shooter is actually a man. Falls in line with a lot of other shootings now. 

From what I've seen it is a woman who wishes she were a man. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Seems pretty clear the shooters transgender ideology played a role in this killing.  Quite enough smoke out there from various legitimate sources on Twitter. 

I struggle with commenting on the trans community.  I truly believe it’s a mental disorder and I don’t want to belittle or attack people that are truly going through something I can’t understand.  

That being said … when they force us into compliance and, as of recent, have resorted to violence (look up the event in New Zealand), it’s time to take notice.

Real glad the Sabres are pulling the “wear the pin” bs tonight.   Had to sit through Bulldog’s idiotic political rantings on WGR this afternoon just so I could hear about any  developments from the league meetings.  

Im pretty open minded … I’m starting to lose my patience with this agenda. 

The Pride/LGBTQ movement is soooo far from the one I supported growing up.  Parades, events, awareness … I still believe in it.  I still believe in equality.   I’ve grown to despise this once inclusive movement hijacked by extremists. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He added, “Our investigation tells us she was a former student at the school. I don’t know what grade she attended, or grades, but we do firmly believe she was a student there.” He said the suspect identifies as transgender and as a woman, but did not provide any other details about Hale’s identity and pronouns. Drake said “there is some theory” they are investigating about whether Hale’s trans identity connects to the motive for the shooting, but he said he would provide that at a later date.

https://heavy.com/news/audrey-hale/

I thought the guns did this.  

Maybe her being convinced she was a man for reasons I can’t possibly imagine were indicative of major psychological problems.  

A woman did this.  

What a country folks.  What a country.  

Definitely the guns fault.  All gun owners should turn them in.  It’s over.  

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I struggle with commenting on the trans community.  I truly believe it’s a mental disorder

It absolutely is a mental disorder they want you to believe were born like that.  

They have convinced the mental health community it is normal and you can’t question it.  

But guns.   

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

So sadly true.   And morons will fixate on absurd social issues rather than dealing with our gun problem.  Just put a line in the sand for what guns are too dangerous for the public.  That will at least be a positive start.

You mean morons will focus on absurd social excuses rather than dealing with our CRIME problem. 

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He added, “Our investigation tells us she was a former student at the school. I don’t know what grade she attended, or grades, but we do firmly believe she was a student there.” He said the suspect identifies as transgender and as a woman, but did not provide any other details about Hale’s identity and pronouns. Drake said “there is some theory” they are investigating about whether Hale’s trans identity connects to the motive for the shooting, but he said he would provide that at a later date.

https://heavy.com/news/audrey-hale/

I thought the guns did this.  

Maybe her being convinced she was a man for reasons I can’t possibly imagine were indicative of major psychological problems.  

A woman did this.  

What a country folks.  What a country.  

Definitely the guns fault.  All gun owners should turn them in.  It’s over.  

What, did she look at them and all of them died? 

it’s the guns. Keep dancing around the issue, but no one is listening to you anymore.

• Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seems pretty clear the shooters transgender ideology played a role in this killing.  Quite enough smoke out there from various legitimate sources on Twitter. 

I struggle with commenting on the trans community.  I truly believe it’s a mental disorder and I don’t want to belittle or attack people that are truly going through something I can’t understand.  

That being said … when they force us into compliance and, as of recent, have resorted to violence (look up the event in New Zealand), it’s time to take notice.

Real glad the Sabres are pulling the “wear the pin” bs tonight.   Had to sit through Bulldog’s idiotic political rantings on WGR this afternoon just so I could hear about any  developments from the league meetings.  

Im pretty open minded … I’m starting to lose my patience with this agenda. 

The Pride/LGBTQ movement is soooo far from the one I supported growing up.  Parades, events, awareness … I still believe in it.  I still believe in equality.   I’ve grown to despise this once inclusive movement hijacked by extremists. 

WTF are you talking about 

Everyone knows what’s coming in this “manifesto.”

Odds she’s going to say the school and faculty were always hurtful and not understanding of her feelings or whatever.  

They were targets.  

99.99%?  

But guns.  

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

WTF are you talking about 

The fact we are a country awash in guns .. and that won’t change no matter how much you want it to.  

The other fact is that we are a country awash in mental illness.  

This looks to be driven by a disturbed trans individual, the shooting potentially motivated by their ideology.   (A community that has become increasingly rigid, confrontational and violent)

Many shootings are also done by lonely, isolated young straight males.  

We need to figure out why so many people in this country are angry, depressed and violent.  That would go much further than trying to ban guns in a country that is awash in them.  All that does is remove them from the hands of law abiding citizens. 

Edited by SCBills

24 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Odds she’s going to say the school and faculty were always hurtful and not understanding of her feelings or whatever.  

They were targets.  

99.99%?  

But guns.  

It’s pretty obvious what’s happening. 

Mass shootings are, by and large, a problem with gangs and other known criminal elements. But the only ones you ever hear about are the extremely rare “white dude kills people! Look! Guns bad!” This is the kind radio Rwanda nonsense that ultimately probably pushed this already mentally unstable, sick individual over the edge. 

The solution here is easy: mass incarceration of all known gang members and gang associates. Hard time for criminal firearm possession. Public flogging and humiliation of gang leaders. This eliminates the vast majority of gun violence in this country. 

But the same leftists who tell us that 13 year old girls will have to obtain coat hanger abortions in alleys because bAnZ dUn w3rK will tell us that we can put the 500 million guns worth of toothpaste back in the tube and solve gun violence forever that way. But leftists will never address the real causes of crime. Because the constant threat of overwhelming violence from criminals keeps a populace in check, it’s the next best thing to disarming them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

(A community that has become increasingly rigid, confrontational and violent)

The lack of self-awareness is truly astonishing. It's almost as if the LGTBQ community is begging to be harassed by the RIGHT... you know, the ones passing absolutely pathetic laws against LGTBQ?

There is NO reason for ANYONE outside the military to have access to assault rifles. NONE.

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The lack of self-awareness is truly astonishing. It's almost as if the LGTBQ community is begging to be harassed by the RIGHT... you know, the ones passing absolutely pathetic laws against LGTBQ?

There is NO reason for ANYONE outside the military to have access to assault rifles. NONE.

Who’s harassing them?

If someone wants to be trans, be trans.  Live your life.   

Why does that mean we need to push gender ideology in schools, medically transition adolescents experiencing gender dysphoria and allow biological males to compete in womens sports and/or inhabit womens spaces? 

Then, if one is to speak out, they demand consequences.  If one is to challenge the narrative, they violently protest.  If one is to use their platform to oppose any aspect of their movement, they are targeted with death threats and verbal attacks.  

Who’s harassing who?

Ill let someone who’s more passionate than me about 2A address your idiotic “assault rifle” comment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Who’s harassing them?

Why does that mean we need to push gender ideology in schools, medically transition adolescents experiencing gender dysphoria and allow biological males to compete in womens sports and/or inhabit womens spaces? 

Then, if one is to speak out, they demand consequences.  If one is to challenge the narrative, they violently protest.  If one is to use their platform to oppose any aspect of their movement, they are targeted with death threats and verbal attacks.  

Who’s harassing who?

Ill let someone who’s more passionate than me about 2A address your idiotic “assault rifle” comment. 

Who is harassing LGTBQ?  Are you really this pathetic?

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Who is harassing LGTBQ?  Are you really this pathetic?

How are lesbians, gays and bisexuals being harassed?   Be specific.  And if you utter the words “Don’t Say Gay”, so help me God… 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Omg 

CCP Libs heading for the hills on this tragedy real quick. 

Guns tho!

I see this is how your puppet masters are telling you how to spin this away from the guns. Good little sheep repeating it perfectly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Omg 

CCP Libs heading for the hills on this tragedy real quick. 

Guns tho!

Well I’ll give her this: she killed six more people than all the nazis in America on National Day of Hate™️

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How are lesbians, gays and bisexuals being harassed?   Be specific.  And if you utter the words “Don’t Say Gay”, so help me God… 

So you do know about the laws targeting LGTBQ.

2023 Is Already a Record Year for Anti-LGBTQ Bills in the US

Over 300 Anti-LGBTQ+ Bills Have Already Been Filed in 2023

With over 100 anti-LGBTQ bills before state legislatures in 2023 so far, activists say they're 'fired up'

Mapping Attacks on LGBTQ Rights in U.S. State Legislatures

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Some of that is junk… just like most bills targeting all kinds of people that never see a vote.   Some of that is legitimate legislation to protect kids and womens spaces…. Because, again, you’ve managed to lump the T’s in with the LGB’s. 

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Some of that is junk… just like most bills targeting all kinds of people that never see a vote.   Some of that is legitimate legislation to protect kids and womens spaces…. Because, again, you’ve managed to lump the T’s in with the LGB’s. 

Spoken like a true homophobe.

There is NO reason for ANYONE outside the military to have access to assault rifles. NONE.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

They were targets.  

99.99%?  

But guns.  

Yep. The media will blame guns and the victims , not the weirdo who sucked at life. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Who’s harassing them?

Who’s harassing who?

Bravo. We used to say live and let live…Now we must acknowledge, celebrate and genuflect. Is the level of entitlement and the fury if you don’t comply any wonder at this point ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

I see this is how your puppet masters are telling you how to spin this away from the guns. Good little sheep repeating it perfectly.

Because we think.  We use logic. 

You’re all emotion no thought no logic.  

Your kind is dangerous.   

Ban duh guns.  

Never mind the countless lives the very presence of those guns saves every single day. 

In a country of 400 million people, to do the thinks your kind wants to do turns into full CCP Land. 

Those guns, and that dam Constitution and the remaining American Judges that still believe in it, are all that stands in the way of it becoming some dystopian nightmare like North Korea, China or worse, Canada.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s all compromised.  

I know that’s tough for a lot that think there is some semblance of an American government left.  

There isn’t.  It always used to be “compromised” but at least by American corporations with American interests.  

Now it’s run by the CCP and hostile foreign actors that work right here.

I’m legit never wrong:

Amid strained US ties, China finds unlikely friend in Utah

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — China’s global campaign to win friends and influence policy has blossomed in a surprising place: Utah, a deeply religious and conservative state with few obvious ties to the world’s most powerful communist country.

An investigation by The Associated Press has found that China and its U.S.-based advocates spent years building relationships with the state’s officials and lawmakers. Those efforts have paid dividends at home and abroad, the AP found: Lawmakers delayed legislation Beijing didn’t like, nixed resolutions that conveyed displeasure with its actions and expressed support in ways that enhanced the Chinese government’s image.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fapnews.com%2Farticle%2Fchina-foreign-influence-utah-legislature-mormon-church-921526d0c8eda2732c361488d20dd1b4

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep it’s going to be in the manifesto 

We don’t have enough contempt for journalists. I can sometimes be convinced that I do but then glorious light like this shines through and I realize I do not. Not nearly enough 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

The fact we are a country awash in guns .. and that won’t change no matter how much you want it to.  

The other fact is that we are a country awash in mental illness.  

This looks to be driven by a disturbed trans individual, the shooting potentially motivated by their ideology.   (A community that has become increasingly rigid, confrontational and violent)

Many shootings are also done by lonely, isolated young straight males.  

We need to figure out why so many people in this country are angry, depressed and violent.  That would go much further than trying to ban guns in a country that is awash in them.  All that does is remove them from the hands of law abiding citizens. 

That's the unfortunate downside of the second amendment as other other high income countries have similar levels of mental illness but the firearm homicide rate is about 25x higher than the next on the list.  I think anybody seriously trying to address this at some point just throws their hands up in the air if they are being honest with themselves.

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's the unfortunate downside of the second amendment as other other high income countries have similar levels of mental illness but the firearm homicide rate is about 25x higher than the next on the list.  I think anybody seriously trying to address this at some point just throws their hands up in the air if they are being honest with themselves.

There are things we can do to reduce gun deaths even with 2A. Not everything is just banning all guns. 

But because a significant minority of this country cannot understand the basic fact that it’s the easy availability of guns that cause gun deaths (and not whatever stupid thing they make up as a post-hoc justification for doing nothing), I’m not sure anything will get done. 

Once we decided that we were ok with kids being gunned down at school, we ended hope of even trying to save lives. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1