What is better, no guns, or more guns?

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

No, you provide opinions. And you use insults to do so. Used to be a time I did that, too. It got old. It even got unwelcome. If you want to have a bunch of insults and blast each other - I am gonna see my way out. 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

You blamed the gun violence epidemic on doctors and trans people, an absolutely ludicrous claim. How did you not expect to be made fun of for that?

If I said the reason the Bills didn’t win the Super Bowl was because their shoelaces were the wrong color and Mars was in retrograde, I think making fun of me would be justified. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

You blamed the gun violence epidemic on doctors and trans people, an absolutely ludicrous claim. How did you not expect to be made fun of for that?

If I said the reason the Bills didn’t win the Super Bowl was because their shoelaces were the wrong color and Mars was in retrograde, I think making fun of me would be justified. 

or that Hamlin was a replica...

Edited by redtail hawk

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Nope.  Explaining my incentive for posting here.  truth/darkness.

Well, I'm glad you virtue signal you having such high esteem. I'm sure it works well for. You to hold your chest up high as a internet message board voice of moral victory truth on a random obscure athletic team site.

Prost! 

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Well, I'm glad you virtue signal you having such high esteem. I'm sure it works well for. You to hold your chest up high as a internet message board voice of moral victory truth on a random obscure athletic team site.

Prost! 

It's a microcosm.  practicing for the big leagues.  Can expect many of the same weak arguments there...

Edited by redtail hawk

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

or that Hamlin was a replica...

I have never seen Hamlin and his replica in the same place, tho... 

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I blame the mental health crisis on a lot of issues in this country. Your opinion on my opinion I don't care about.

Your insults I care less about. 

So, let's make out and hold hands just to get this over with, sweetheart. 

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

It's a microcosm.  practicing for the big leagues.  Can expect many of the same weak arguments there...

I'd you want to try big league intellectual debate go to the better version of PPP ATNP. 

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

As a law enforcement friend told me, if you rack a round, you better be ready to kill..

did you somehow miss this:  

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside"

No, I read it. I bet I’ve filled out 50 4473’s over my 30+ years of being able to buy a firearm. 

You test positive for opioids. Are you not allowed to buy a firearm? What if you take 1 a day for chronic pain? What if you take 30 a day? 

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

No, I read it. I bet I’ve filled out 50 4473’s over my 30+ years of being able to buy a firearm. 

You test positive for opioids. Are you not allowed to buy a firearm? What if you take 1 a day for chronic pain? What if you take 30 a day? 

if u take 30 a day, you best have some Narcan or good life insurance.

20 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

if u take 30 a day, you best have some Narcan or good life insurance.

Trust me, I know. I work with substance abuse patients all the time. But you get my point? 

That question is “covering their bases”. I personally believe and hope the marijuana part will be removed at some point. I don’t use, but a lot of states have it legalized. No reason to lose your rights because you’re using THC instead of a dangerous benzo. 

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Actually, many argue that shotguns are the best home defense weapons.  When your hands are shaking and you're about to kill someone, you won't miss with a shotgun.  Personally, I'm attached to an 870.  Great for all types of varmints.  Oh, and loyal, robust dogs are probably even better for protecting your home.

https://www.targetbarn.com/broad-side/best-home-defense-shotgun/

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/pets/g22997516/best-guard-dogs/

#3 is my fav here.  Closely followed by #10.

You clearly…..don’t know guns

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You clearly…..don’t know guns

isn't the Remington 870 one of the best selling guns of all time?  Is a legend?  Guess there's lots of 870 owners who don't know guns...

"Introduced in 1950, the Remington 870 has become not just one of the most popular Remington shotgun models but the most popular shotgun ever made, with over 11,000,000 coming out of the factory in Ilion, New York.Feb 4, 2023"

Remington 870 Express Shotgun: Tested and Reviewed

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

isn't the Remington 870 one of the best selling guns of all time?  Is a legend?  Guess there's lots of 870 owners who don't know guns...

Posted the wrong video.  It’s edited now.  

Again….bc it’s too spot on 

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

🎯

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law

The third has 32 words. Is there a problem there?

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Posted the wrong video.  It’s edited now.  

Again….bc it’s too spot on 

ya think they'd do better with machine guns?  not with those idiots teaching them.  the guy showing his 12 yo son has him shooting from the hip! Maybe some birdshot or shot for skeet to start?   or a 16 OR 20 GAUGE? And you want these people to own AR's?  

And for @Chris farley, this from the NRA who recommend shotguns for home protection:  "Buckshot will penetrate multiple layers of drywall at any range. Smaller shot, like #4 birdshot, will penetrate at close range (under 10 feet) where the pattern is very tight, but less so at longer ranges. Think about how long your shots might be inside your home and what might lie behind your target in the most likely confrontation spots. If you live alone, overpenetration might not be a consideration, unless you live alone in an apartment building full of other people"

They post some good info.  If they stuck to hunting and recreational shooting, I'd join.

https://www.nrawomen.com/content/what-shot-size-should-you-use/

I think they should have added "Avoid buying pink guns for protection".

Edited by redtail hawk

I have two home defense weapons... a suppressed 300 AAC blackout with 220 grain REX rounds and a suppressed Grand Power Stribog 9mm with 124 grain P-REX rounds.

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

if the intent of the law is to stop drug users from getting them (and that certainly appears to be the case) then yes, obviously.

What is the cut off? Would opioids be a no? Marijuana a no? 

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I have two home defense weapons... a suppressed 300 AAC blackout with 220 grain REX rounds and a suppressed Grand Power Stribog 9mm with 124 grain P-REX rounds.

What is the cut off? Would opioids be a no? Marijuana a no? 

Be careful, if you piss off the wrong few here they will dox you and call law enforcement on you. You're admitting you have guns. 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yea sorry low info Bill 

Y’all have made it clear you want to ban them all we have the receipts.  

Go crawl back into your hole.   

And then look up what AR15 actually is.  

Yeah bro - the truth freakn hurts

Imagine you or your family member on the wrong end of this...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chris farley said:

How would the second be removed?  Im talking logistically and reality. 

"The Constitution’s Article V requires that an amendment be proposed by two-thirds of the House and Senate, or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures. It is up to the states to approve a new amendment, with three-quarters of the states voting to ratifying it"

There are thousands of gun laws on the books. most mass shootings are in and where DEM DA's have the authority to charge. and they choose to be lax on crime and release violent criminals back on the street.  won't even charges for things like gun possession in many cities.  and something is broken with the NICS check (FBI) and its 24 hour reporting for failed checks.  

There are some very low hangings fruit that could be legislated. but that doesn't seem to be the goal of the anti-second voices.

So logistically, how would the second be repealed. then how would the 300+ million guns in people's possession, be removed.

this the part where it gets interesting.

To be clear.  I'm not saying guns should be illegal but removing it as a constitutional right would make it far easier to push for real gun control laws that actually have an impact.  It would be a privilege and not a right (like driving) to own a gun.  It would take decades, a high amount of activism, and a lot more mass shootings for it to even be considered.  You're not going to get all the guns off the street but gun buyback programs have been successful in other countries.

40 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

To be clear.  I'm not saying guns should be illegal but removing it as a constitutional right would make it far easier to push for real gun control laws that actually have an impact.  It would be a privilege and not a right (like driving) to own a gun.  It would take decades, a high amount of activism, and a lot more mass shootings for it to even be considered.  You're not going to get all the guns off the street but gun buyback programs have been successful in other countries.

Im just a realist and can see the logistics of that, making the problem worse.  And creating more problems.

americans are not other counties citizens.  

300+ million in closets.  not registered. no records.

And right off the bat, who is disarming the gangs that commit most of the violence, that in turn pushes people to search out self-defense?

Eff, in reality every time gun bans or removing the second narrative even hits the cycle, gun sales go up.

The day the discussion goes to addressing the issue, from attacking Americans rights, I think progress could happen.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

ya think they'd do better with machine guns?  not with those idiots teaching them.  the guy showing his 12 yo son has him shooting from the hip! Maybe some birdshot or shot for skeet to start?   or a 16 OR 20 GAUGE? And you want these people to own AR's?  

And for @Chris farley, this from the NRA who recommend shotguns for home protection:  "Buckshot will penetrate multiple layers of drywall at any range. Smaller shot, like #4 birdshot, will penetrate at close range (under 10 feet) where the pattern is very tight, but less so at longer ranges. Think about how long your shots might be inside your home and what might lie behind your target in the most likely confrontation spots. If you live alone, overpenetration might not be a consideration, unless you live alone in an apartment building full of other people"

They post some good info.  If they stuck to hunting and recreational shooting, I'd join.

https://www.nrawomen.com/content/what-shot-size-should-you-use/

I think they should have added "Avoid buying pink guns for protection".

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I would add the average joe with his 9, will blow right through a wall.  

Eddie eagle probably saved lives by teaching kids about gun safety.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or maybe, just maybe, someone could write a Constitutional Amendment. Why does this have to be so complicated? 

With 3/4 of both houses?  State ratification?

what would the amendment say?  ban semi long guns?  end the second?  

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I would add the average joe with his 9, will blow right through a wall.  

Eddie eagle probably saved lives by teaching kids about gun safety.

With 3/4 of both houses?  State ratification?

what would the amendment say?  

It would say whatever opponents of the current wording want it to say. Geeez we’ve become increasingly lazy! 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

Why, so it gets a vote to see where people stand?

Why? Because if the Left wants to fundamentally change the country, maybe just maybe they should change via the means provided in the documents. That’s why. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why? Because if the Left wants to fundamentally change the country, maybe just maybe they should change via the means provided in the documents. That’s why. 

I cannot argue with any of that, was just wondering the reason.

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I cannot argue with any of that, was just wondering the reason.

Like with all things. It’s not terribly complicated. I’m exhausted from the bickering. If people want to change the country….CHANGE IT! Or….go somewhere that’s more to your liking. There are plenty of countries to choose from. It’s a small world and pretty easy to get from place to place. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Like with all things. It’s not terribly complicated. I’m exhausted from the bickering. If people want to change the country….CHANGE IT! Or….go somewhere that’s more to your liking. There are plenty of countries to choose from. It’s a small world and pretty easy to get from place to place. 

What if you love where you live but think it could be so much better....

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

image.thumb.png.a7025a590ff02df2de877d73406b4862.png

*looks at data*

”Yep. Must be the libs / lack of guns / doors / trans people / lack of church / single parent families / gays / unarmed teachers. That makes sense to me.”

Are you under some odd false impression that people don’t already know that? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are you under some odd false impression that people don’t already know that? 

Maybe read this thread of people blaming literally anything other than the prevalence of guns.

I think the current reason for gun violence according to PPP is trans people. It’ll change with the next mass shooting later this week. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Maybe read this thread of people blaming literally anything other than the prevalence of guns.

I think the current reason for gun violence according to PPP is trans people. It’ll change with the next mass shooting later this week. 

It’s guns, a broken system and mental illness. 

In many cases it’s depression in young males.  This instance it’s a trans person.  

Potential gender identity issues in other recent shootings as well.

Most shootings have laws on the books to prevent them already.  The law just wasn’t enforced. 

We should be able to have a conversation about all of it. 

Im certainly open to the gun discussion… hopefully the people arguing to take away rights from law abiding citizens will learn what they’re talking about when it comes to firearms, so that they don’t make idiotic arguments that put half the country on the defensive.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Please explain exactly what gun laws will keep the guns from the bad guys ? I'll wait .

Especially seeing as they have literally no respect for the law it self in any form or who makes them or enforces them ? Again i'll wait thank you .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

image.thumb.png.a7025a590ff02df2de877d73406b4862.png

*looks at data*

”Yep. Must be the libs / lack of guns / doors / trans people / lack of church / single parent families / gays / unarmed teachers. That makes sense to me.”

So folks in those countries really really want to commit murder with guns , they’re just not “ allowed “ to by the super duper intelligent deep thinkers ? Mmmmmmkay! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1