What is better, no guns, or more guns?

10 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Maybe read this thread of people blaming literally anything other than the prevalence of guns.

I think the current reason for gun violence according to PPP is trans people. It’ll change with the next mass shooting later this week. 

You think just maybe it could be the over use of drugs for every single thing that in some of these types of situations could have especially seeing as this person was transitioning from one sex physically & mentally to another & that the drugs used to make this transition so could have had something to do with it ?

It just strikes me as very funny some 100 years ago when every house had guns to literally protect them selves & to get their food in some respects there most likely was a lot less people just walking around killing other people for literally no good reason .

That then add to it the fact that if you did kill some one & were caught you were made a example of taken to the village square & hung by the neck for all to see or in some cases shot by a firing line but today that's cruel & unusual punishment just simply barbaric !!

Today the worst is that some are given 3 hot meals every day for the rest of their, life a warm bed to sleep in with clean sheets, a gym, a library, and in some situations conjugal visits .

And we the people get to pay for all of it YAY ...

That's really some kind of punishment for murdering another human being . I hope this person & any other that does this type of thing rots in the darkest hottest corner of hell for all eternity ... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2

12 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

What a joke. It's staring us all in the face, and idiots are still like, muh guns!

In the comedy realm pretty funny but in reality totally asinine to say the least plus isn't it written (which i will have to look it up) that the American military is not to be used against it's own citizens for which it is to protect ?

• Disagree 1

47 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So folks in those countries really really want to commit murder with guns , they’re just not “ allowed “ to by the super duper intelligent deep thinkers ? Mmmmmmkay! 

Is it your contention that Americans are inherently inferior and therefore more likely to have a mental illness that leads them to violence?

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Is it your contention that Americans are inherently inferior and therefore more likely to have a mental illness that leads them to violence?

Inherently,  no. This is due to a cultural and societal decay that has occurred over the last several decades. Only a smaller portion of such violence is due to mental illness. These tend to be the high profile variety - such as school shootings. Most of it , though is just just the acceptance and celebration of violence by certain groups. Much of that can be linked to poor parenting , dumbing down of educational standard , learned hatred of Country etc etc. It’s more cultural than inherent from birth. More nurture than nature. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Inherently,  no. This is due to a cultural and societal decay that has occurred over the last several decades. Only a smaller portion of such violence is due to mental illness. These tend to be the high profile variety - such as school shootings. Most of it , though is just just the acceptance and celebration of violence by certain groups. Much of that can be linked to poor parenting , dumbing down of educational standard , learned hatred of Country etc etc. It’s more cultural than inherent from birth. More nurture than nature. 

This seems a fair evaluation. However, one question remains: How did all the other countries shown on the graph avoid this "cultural and societal decay"? Or, at least, how did they avoid the dire consequences we experience in the US? 

• Like (+1) 1

I think mass shootings have become the new “trend”, if you will, for evil and mentally unwell people the same way serial killing was back in the 60s through into the 90s. Even if guns aren’t the root cause of these killings, that doesn’t mean gun control (not a gun ban before anyone freaks out) can’t be part of the solution. Some major changes/advancements need to be made in order to curb the shootings just like how major changes to criminology and forensics made serial killing MUCH more difficult.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The Supreme Court first recognized the individual right to own firearms in 2008. 

The gun lobby has completely perverted the narrative and created a myth around guns. 

Just follow the money.

FsRUIPraIAELbCH?format=jpg&name=small

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The Supreme Court first recognized the individual right to own firearms in 2008. 

The gun lobby has completely perverted the narrative and created a myth around guns. 

SCOTUS shouldn’t have had to.  We were a sane country once.  

It was only made possible due to communists that pass communist laws.  

The only bulwark against said communism is that dam constitution.  

And smart people.  The smart people that understand your rights don’t stop because a few bad people do really bad things.  Communism has actually killed 10s of millions. 

Even tho Stalin, Mao, the Khmer Rouge killed millions we don’t blame the guns.  

These people just told you to stay in a mask 6 feet apart for over 2 years and many with “Govern Me Daddy” fear still are.   

Imagine what happens when they completely unravel the Constitution.  I mean they say it’s the goal regularly:

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And smart people.  The smart people that understand your rights don’t stop because a few bad people do really bad things.  Communism has actually killed 10s of millions. 

Sure.  right now there are many less professed communists in the country than Nazi's.  Both suck.  And a dam blocks sewage from floating downstream.  Nothing to do with the Constitution...maybe the constitutional.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, T master said:

Please explain exactly what gun laws will keep the guns from the bad guys ? I'll wait .

Especially seeing as they have literally no respect for the law it self in any form or who makes them or enforces them ? Again i'll wait thank you .

Impossible to tell as it's impossible to measure what laws on the books now have kept guns from "the bad guys."

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

SCOTUS shouldn’t have had to.  We were a sane country once.  

It was only made possible due to communists that pass communist laws.  

Even tho Stalin, Mao, the Khmer Rouge killed millions we don’t blame the guns.  

These people just told you to stay in a mask 6 feet apart for over 2 years and many with “Govern Me Daddy” fear still are.   

Imagine what happens when they completely unravel the Constitution.  I mean they say it’s the goal regularly:

Now, if I were truly an Originalist who cared what the Founders intended, I might ponder over those words “A well regulated militia” and what they meant at the time they were written. 

Or, I could do what “Originalists” always do and pick the outcome that I want politically and then come up with a fig leaf rationale for it. 

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Impossible to tell as it's impossible to measure what laws on the books now have kept guns from "the bad guys."

It’s funny how they want laws about which bathrooms people can use or books they can read, but the second someone mention laws that might stop kids from being killed it’s suddenly “criminals don’t follow laws so what’s even the point of laws????”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

image.thumb.png.a7025a590ff02df2de877d73406b4862.png

*looks at data*

”Yep. Must be the libs / lack of guns / doors / trans people / lack of church / single parent families / gays / unarmed teachers. That makes sense to me.”

they gotta have a villain to rail against Chi...here it's just you , me, Tibs, Billsy and a few others.  But we're up to it.  They got nothin but fox talking points.  And Fox is gonna lose gazillions for lying thru their teeth or their a$$holes.  Meanwhile, Murdoch and trump aren't the best of friends.  At least for now.  If the cash flow changes, so will they both...Integrity!

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It’s funny how they want laws about which bathrooms people can use or books they can read, but the second someone mention laws that might stop kids from being killed it’s suddenly “criminals don’t follow laws so what’s even the point of laws????”

I don't think he said that as you're comparing apples to oranges.  Banning books or the implementation of bathroom laws doesn't threaten the lives of me or my family.  If they suddenly made guns illegal I'm still keeping my shotgun because he's right in that if a "bad guy" is motivated enough they'll find a way to get a gun (legally or illegally).  It should be really fricken difficult to get and own a gun legally though imo.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't think he said that as you're comparing apples to oranges.  Banning books or the implementation of bathroom laws doesn't threaten the lives of me or my family.  If they suddenly made guns illegal I'm still keeping my shotgun because he's right in that if a "bad guy" is motivated enough they'll find a way to get a gun (legally or illegally).  It should be really fricken difficult to get and own a gun legally though imo.

Who is talking about removing your shotgun?  Even most far left nuts know they're useful tools, especially out in the woods.  But why does anyone need an AK or a large caliber cannon that I hear shot from time to time across the valley.  I just laugh at how much that "fun" round cost them (a few beers) and listen to my dogs howl back...

Edited by redtail hawk

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think there is common ground to be found between confiscating all the guns and letting children’s corpses pile up in our classrooms. 

I don’t want to take people’s guns. I’m not sure a ban on the AR-15 would do much. Many people in my family have guns. If I didn’t live in a city, I’d probably have one too. 

A big part of the problem is that the NRA went from an organization that promoted gun safety to the lobbying arm of the gun manufacturers. We need people with gun expertise to be a productive part of the conversation about this or we’re either going to get clunky, ineffective laws from people who don’t grasp all the details or we’ll do nothing and kids will keep dying. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://anthonyarms.com/gun/how-much-does-ammo-cost/

can't afford gas.  Can't afford a war on the gov't:

https://anthonyarms.com/gun/how-much-does-ammo-cost/

A .700 Nitro Express (17.8x89mm) caliber round, such as the one used on an H & H 700 Nitro Express Rifle, will set you back about $80 to $120 for a single round, not a box! This large-caliber ammunition is only used for large game hunting. So always keep in mind that the bigger the caliber, the more expensive it is.

Edited by redtail hawk

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

doesnt that answer the question. in highly regulated democratic cities we should be seeing major decreases in gun violence. they are pretty good indicators what they may prevent. as of now noone feels safer in gun control states. thst should be enough to draw a conclusion on effectiveness.

well i put in another thread the first step is to prosecute ILLEGAL gun carry to the fullest extent. NATIONALLY. anyone wishing to carry a gun outside the home illegally should be terrified of getting caught, let alone using one in a crime. instead we have appearance tickets and people routinley walking out of jail with no real consequence. just avoid pulling the trigger in certain areas and its routine. yet gang violence, stray bullets, gun being the first go response to aggression in our society and culture. 

what fixes that besides bringing the hammer down on the crime before it can happen aka bring a SLEDGE hammer down on violent criminals that routinely have no issue walking around with a gun in their pocket or its just a waiting game as they go back into their communities to obtain another one to terrorize or worse the next victim. 

you can take all guns from people and all your left with is criminals that never cared about laws in the first place and still have gov officials that seem ok with slapping those people on the wrist. waiting to see them again under more tragic circumstances. are they trying to raise rates to make a better argument for universal gun control? at this point, after seeing the usual rap sheets of murders. sure seems like it.

so we can ultimately take "assualt weopons" or more from law abiding citizens. THEN and only THEN will leftists finally realize there's still gun violence. like i said, the regulated states haven't taught that lesson. hey we need to stop gun violence, we should get alot tougher on illegal carry! because there is nowhere else to turn or blame at that point. all i want to know is why are they waiting as lives are lost RIGHT NOW? id like someone to answer that. that wont prevent the tragedy we just saw but it would save ALOT of others.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

what fixes that besides bringing the hammer down on the crime before it can happen aka bring a SLEDGE hammer down on violent criminals that routinely have no issue walking around with a gun in their pocket or its just a waiting game as they go back into their communities to obtain another one to terrorize or worse the next victim. 

That alone doesn't fix it when parents teach kids to blast shotguns from the hip and laugh when their spouse falls from the recoil of a double barrel 12 gauge load of buck shot.  Other than that, I agree.

Edited by redtail hawk

7 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Heller was not the first rulling on that.  And the fact DC never even changed after the rulling is something.  From the federalist papers to English canon law.  Oh yeah. And that Oxford comma. 

Would add the machine gun ban of 36 also re iterated the private ownership of weapons when it was challenged. 

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

That alone doesn't fix it when parents teach kids to blast shotguns from the hip and laugh when their spouse falls from the recoil of a double barrel 12 gauge load of buck shot.  Other than that, I agree.

That's not the issue if talking gun violence. Criminals carrying handguns and not being charged by partisan da's is 

• Haha (+1) 1

^^

More logic.  

When MAGA sends in the Brownshirts to arrest or worse to minorities and gays they should be able to defend themselves.   

But yep sure head in the clouds libs……governments turning on their people because it’s been overrun by evil forces has never happened - would never ever happen here.  

At least you’ll have a knife.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Sad that douchebags like Demented Biden lie about guns being the number one cause of kid's deaths.  Another total lie by Biden.  

Even if it's the 2nd or 3rd leading killer shouldn't we want to fix that lol?   Cmon literally you make no point.  A politician twisted a statistic?!!  Please call out the hundreds of Republicans that will twist stats today and every time these shootings occur.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

“Only the military should have guns.”

—-Total Morons

^^

Logic:

Why?  Why should the military only have guns?  

Doesn’t need an answer.  Only smart people get why they shouldn’t.  

Who said this?  You constantly quote things almost nobody says.  Just because you see something on Twitter doesn't make it a popular opinion.   Especially after an incident when people are being ultra hyperbolic.  Every progressive poster here has simply called for reasonable gun control.  

• Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, BillStime said:

It's always something else - never EASY ACCESS TO GUNS that NO ONE OUTSIDE THE MILITARY needs.

36 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Who said this?  You constantly quote things almost nobody says.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2023 at 12:35 AM, B-Man said:

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: 

A Federal Judge Blocks New Jersey’s Sweeping Restrictions on Public Gun Possession.

By banning firearms from a wide range of "sensitive places," the state effectively nullified the right to bear arms.

https://reason.com/2023/01/16/a-federal-judge-blocks-new-jerseys-sweeping-restrictions-on-public-gun-possession/

“Hardly no one supports banning guns.”

I have more.  Y’all revealed yourselves the last few years on everything post Covid

On 9/18/2022 at 11:06 PM, BillStime said:

Both

And ban guns. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, Big Blitz said:

THEY WANT ALL YOUR GUNS

Canada’s Trudeau announces plan for national freeze on handguns

May 30 (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Monday his government was introducing new legislation to implement a "national freeze" on handgun ownership and prevent people from buying and selling handguns anywhere in the country.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canadas-trudeau-announces-legislation-prevent-buying-selling-handguns-2022-05-30/

Don't get deflected into some b.s. "you don't need that gun to hunt" argument.

They want all of them.  

The free world folks.  Looks like Nazi Germany.  

It’s what they’d do here.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I would love to grasp the logistic details, of the people that think they can just remove guns from the population.

Like reality vs Ideology

22 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

“Hardly no one supports banning guns.”

I have more.  Y’all revealed yourselves the last few years on everything post Covid

One can just read back through their comments since the terrorist attack in Tenn to see them saying just what it claimed no one says.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

^^

More logic.  

When MAGA sends in the Brownshirts to arrest or worse to minorities and gays they should be able to defend themselves.   

But yep sure head in the clouds libs……governments turning on their people because it’s been overrun by evil forces has never happened - would never ever happen here.  

At least you’ll have a knife.  

and the truth emerges from the septic tank.  who is going to buy you ammo, the koch's?  civil war is bad for business.  8 days a week.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

and the truth emerges from the septic tank.  who is going to buy you ammo, the koch's?  civil war is bad for business.  8 days a week.

Woosh.   drink coffee, re read.

Edited by Chris farley