What is better, no guns, or more guns?

WOW ... Another huge floor embarrassment for Democrats: House Republicans are about to win yet another motion to recommit.

This time on gun legislation.

vote not gaveled yet. But house Dems are having BIG trouble keeping their troops together.

Update:Vote is closed............ Rs win. 220-209

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WOW ... Another huge floor embarrassment for Democrats: House Republicans are about to win yet another motion to recommit.

vote not gaveled yet. But house Dems are having BIG trouble keeping their troops together.

Democrats are...showing independent thought?  When did this start?

And when do they realize they're not very good at it, and stop?

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

I was just coming to post this article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/surprise-republican-win-in-house-exposes-divisions-in-democratic-leadership/2019/02/27/0c27cb76-3ad8-11e9-aaae-69364b2ed137_story.html?utm_term=.da6ce069fa88

And hate to admit this but I am not 100% sure I understand it. Can someone here succinctly put it terms I will understand?

Couple of things i guess I need clarification on

1) what exactly is a motion to recommit and why does this reflect poorly on either party?

2) In terms of this legislation, is there really a reason the Dems would not want illegal aliens trying to buy guns reported? I feel I must be missing something

Thx in advance !!!

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I was just coming to post this article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/surprise-republican-win-in-house-exposes-divisions-in-democratic-leadership/2019/02/27/0c27cb76-3ad8-11e9-aaae-69364b2ed137_story.html?utm_term=.da6ce069fa88

And hate to admit this but I am not 100% sure I understand it. Can someone here succinctly put it terms I will understand?

Couple of things i guess I need clarification on

1) what exactly is a motion to recommit and why does this reflect poorly on either party?

2) In terms of this legislation, is there really a reason the Dems would not want illegal aliens trying to buy guns reported? I feel I must be missing something

Thx in advance !!!

Here's a reply to that tweet. Seems like a good explanation despite his super partisan opinion on it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidNir/status/1083163061362536452

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 2/21/2019 at 10:44 AM, B-Man said:

AMMO-600x337.jpg

I've noticed gun control-freaks like to ask how much ammo someone needs as a lead into why there should be a limit on ammo purchases.

So I respond by asking how much toilet paper they need.  Do they by single ply or high capacity two ply.  Do they buy a single roll at a time, a 9 pack, or the big box stores bulk pack

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I've noticed gun control-freaks like to ask how much ammo someone needs as a lead into why there should be a limit on ammo purchases.

So I respond by asking how much toilet paper they need.  Do they by single ply or high capacity two ply.  Do they buy a single roll at a time, a 9 pack, or the big box stores bulk pack

How many ply before it meets the definition of assault ply?

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Holy. *****. Her husband has to be deaf...

Her husband is dead.  He was John Dingell Jr from whom she inherited the Congressional seat in 2015.  John Jr, about 25 years her senior, held the seat from 1955 until his death in 2015 after inheriting the seat from his father John Dingell Sr who held the seat from 1933 until his death in 1955. 

How is that for Democracy <_<

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Her husband is dead.  He was John Dingell Jr from whom she inherited the Congressional seat in 2015.  John Jr, about 25 years her senior, held the seat from 1955 until his death in 2015 after inheriting the seat from his father John Dingell Sr who held the seat from 1933 until his death in 1955. 

How is that for Democracy <_<

Well, now that is very interesting. Another board I frequent recently had some gossip about her husband and an alleged 20+ year affair. Makes me wonder what she has done that someone would be dredging that up now about him, and not while he was alive (and why I figured he was still breathing).  Thanks for the info!

I’m curious as to what’s on everybody’s shopping list. 

Tactically I have basically every gun I need. I will be venturing into my wants. I want an M1A carbine, and a Tommy gun this summer. Let’s see what we can make happen. 

• Like (+1) 1