WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

I actually take back what I said (sorry, I'm loaded on wine in northern Italy). We got the pick back we gave up, and in essence got the best WR in this year's draft for next year's number one. And I will pistol whip the next person who says we gave up two number ones - you realize we got a number one with our trade up, yes? Anyhow, Prisco will hate it, so I love it.

Edited by stevestojan

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greggo Marrone's thin skin just cost us our first round pick next year and $3.5M in cap space this year. Better draft well Whaley.....there will be no signing of vet guards or journeyman QB's.

I hope Sammy doesn't wear a funny t-shirt or something. It might be too much for Greggo Marrone's ego to handle.

Fixed the facts - logic still needs fixing

Fixed again

I liked Stevie.. but how many games did he help lose from his stupid mistakes, immature antics and emotional break downs? Really like the guy.. but think this was best of the team.

The Bills regime ONCE AGAIN PROVE they cannot build a ROSTER. They are like a fat 7th grade kid playing madden.

Whaaa....we are in the second year of Whaley.......looks good to me

A fourth rounder from the niners is nearly a fifth... Even if conditions are met we'd still only get a very early 4th round pick... :/ Don't like it at all.

No its a late 3rd. I really hate when fans use this as an example. Its called a 3rd round pick for a reason. Well I guess the Pats got essentially a 2nd rounder at 31. Do you realize how assanine that sounds?

This is terrible- reminds me a liitle bit of trading away Lynch for a 4th rounder for whatever silly reasons. The board turns south on players and then cheers when they go for peanuts. 4th rounder next year is junk for a starting receiver.

Good point. Retard move.

Next year..... I thought they wanted to win now????

over the past 3 years, SJ13 has been good...but how many critical drops at the wrong time? Considering they will want to resign Spiller, they are going to need SJ's contract monies...

SO do it next year when you actually have to worry about that. let him play and help the team this year. a 4th rd pick NEXT YEAR does not help this team get to teh playoffs this year.

A fourth rounder from the niners is nearly a fifth... Even if conditions are met we'd still only get a very early 4th round pick... :/ Don't like it at all.

A 4th for a guy who would be riding the pine? Sounds sensible to me.

Once they traded for Watkins, Johnson was gone along with his cap hit.

Edited by John Adams

Go root for them already. Leave here and to follow Stevie it sure beats you having frustration for us cutting the #4 WR on this roster and his over 8 mill per year salary and hearing you whine about it

most of the same people crying over stevie didnt want fitzpatrick to go either

suck it up and buy a new jersey

he's only good in your mind

if he's so awesome why weren't other teams lining up to give us a 3rd? or a 2nd?

BECAUSE HE'S NOT WORTH IT

Lighten up Francis. Fans get attached to players and Stevie was the lone bright spot on our offense for a few years.

I won't celebrate this move because i don't think it makes us better. Receivers take time to develop and now we are going to rely on a man that was stabbed by a family member and a player that threw a punch in a game where half our receivers were already hurt.

I understand why they did it and financially and football wise it makes sense. But I was still a fan of his and I'm not thrilled to see him go.

over the past 3 years, SJ13 has been good...but how many critical drops at the wrong time? Considering they will want to resign Spiller, they are going to need SJ's contract monies...

And I will take CJ over SJ ANY DAY.

I love the way our offense is shaping up.

Go root for them already. Leave here and to follow Stevie it sure beats you having frustration for us cutting the #4 WR on this roster and his over 8 mill per year salary and hearing you whine about it

Oh STFU. All you do is whine like a 13 year old in every thread. The 49ers have made the NFC title game the last 3 years. Obviously, they have an idea what they're doing.

This puts insane pressure on Watkins and our most veteran wr is a guy who's been a moron since high school.