WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

Greggo Marrone's thin skin just cost us our first round pick next year and $3.5M in cap space this year. Better draft well Whaley.....there will be no signing of vet guards or journeyman QB's.

I hope Sammy doesn't wear a funny t-shirt or something. It might be too much for Greggo Marrone's ego to handle.

LMAO go follow Stevie already. Again Typical Bills fans knee jerk reaction to losing a player with average talent.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greggo Marrone's thin skin just cost us our first round pick next year and $3.5M in cap space this year. Better draft well Whaley.....there will be no signing of vet guards or journeyman QB's.

I hope Sammy doesn't wear a funny t-shirt or something. It might be too much for Greggo Marrone's ego to handle.

This again?

You're right. Your opinion holds much more weigh than the 49ers. They suck at judging talent. I mean what have they done lately? :rolleyes:

Go root for them already. Leave here and to follow Stevie it sure beats you having frustration for us cutting the #4 WR on this roster and his over 8 mill per year salary and hearing you whine about it

regardless of our opinions of the colorful Stevie Johnson (I happen to like the guy), this move is largely about playing time for Watkins, Woods, Williams and Goodwin - 3 of which they really can't afford to NOT have on the field and 2 of which are likely going to surpass Stevie in ability and consistency THIS season.

We won nothing w Stevie. He started out strong. But never dominated for any stretch of time. And he was always nicked up. At best, he was an above average receiver. But most of the time he was just average. To be sad about any player leaving from a team that has not made the playoffs in 14 seasons, or even had a winning season in a decade is pathetic.

The Whaley regime is decisive in their moves. They have a plan..

Not great return but it's the going rate. He was tough to trade because of his contract. He should be very good on SF.

No knock on Stevie, who I like a lot, but I think that is a really good return for him. When you consider all of the star players that don't garner much in trade returns the last few years...I honestly was resigned to the idea that we would get a 6th, or 5th for him at best. Given his salary, a 4th (possible 3rd) is pretty nice. And, as I like the guy a lot, and appreciate him wearing his heart on his sleeve all these years, as one of ours, glad for him to get to go to a contender.

Don't like this move at all. Williams has ability but he's not a guy I want to bank on. I buy that that's the going rate for a guy like Stevie, but that's precisely why I wouldn't have done it. IMO his value to the team was higher than what they could get in trade.

I gotta tell you, my appreciation for Doug Whaley grows and grows. I like Stevie -- don't get me wrong -- but the fact Whaley just got a 4th that could turn into a 3rd for him is stupendous.

The Ravens got a 6th for Boldin.

Would you ratherhave:

Watkins Perennial Pro Bowl Game Changer

Late 4th round pick in 2015

OR

Stevie Johnson Perennial let down artist

9th overall pick this year

Top 12 pick in 2015

Early 4th round pick in 2015

Name one GM in the NFL who would make this trade??? (other than Whaley obviously)

Fixed

Would you ratherhave:

Watkins

Late 4th round pick in 2015

OR

Stevie Johnson

9th overall pick this year

Top 12 pick in 2015

Early 4th round pick in 2015

Name one GM in the NFL who would make this trade??? (other than Whaley obviously)

I would.

But it's an unreasonable question since there is zero chance we would keep Stevie and MWilliams next year so that has to be taken into consideration if you're talking about next year's team and draft. With the Watkins trade, Stevie because easily expendable.

regardless of our opinions of the colorful Stevie Johnson (I happen to like the guy), this move is largely about playing time for Watkins, Woods, Williams and Goodwin - 3 of which they really can't afford to NOT have on the field and 2 of which are likely going to surpass Stevie in ability and consistency THIS season.

Agreed. AND, he wasn't a Marrone/Whaley guy