WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

I thought it was for a fourth THIS year when I first reacted. I'm not as excited about a new 4th next year, but I do think he was scheduled to make too much.

It just seems to me like he's starting to succumb to the injuries you see as guys get older. I would have guessed he'd be active ~10 games if he stayed a Bill this year.

Good luck out there, Steve. Thanks for all the entertainment!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you ratherhave:

Watkins

Late 4th round pick in 2015

OR

Stevie Johnson

9th overall pick this year

Top 12 pick in 2015

Early 4th round pick in 2015

Name one GM in the NFL who would make this trade??? (other than Whaley obviously)

Since he was traded for a #4, and we gave away our #4 next year, the Watkins trade just basically became two #1's and Stevie Johnson for Sammy Watkins.

Because of the addition of MWilliams, it made Stevie easily expendable considering his contract. I wish him well.

Would rather have kept SJ13 and done the draft differently. This may work out for the best, but it's not what I would have done. But I'm just a fan with a keyboard, so I have to hope the people in charge know what they are doing.

Stevie is a uniquely talented individual. I hope he has great success with the niners.

This was clearly cap related. He was going to be an $8.5 million cap hit over the next three years. Doug clearly has other plans for that money.

Well we can't keep Steve Johnson in the same conference as Revis. Revis would have bad stats two games of the year and bills might win against the Pats. You can't let that happen. Plus the Bills have to use the 2 pick to draft a RB.

Great for Stevie. Half of the fans never apperciated how he went from a 7th round to 3 time 1,000 yard season. Now he gets to play for a great team in his hometown. But hey what do the 49ers know about talent?

The worst part is the biggest Stevie haters will be trashing the Bills after SJ has a good season. I hate this move so much.

I am just wondering when Fans will stop praising average talent and making them out to be all pros? Maybe you should follow Stevie to SF? He was a #2 At best, had attitude issues, wouldn't work out / Lift, and I can go on but its all well documented.

Stevie as of yesterday was the 4th WR on this team. Watkins, Wood/Williams, And I even put Goodwin on pure talent above Stevie. Oh and when we use his cap space we freed up to further improve the team, don't cheer or support it. Go support Stevie

sometimes you gotta cut out the cancer

he can go drop balls somewhere else

he was associated with the old regime

You're right. Your opinion holds much more weigh than the 49ers. They suck at judging talent. I mean what have they done lately? :rolleyes:

I don't understand the benefit of downgrading the talent on your team, especially if you are in "win now" mode.

It helps the fragile ego of a blowhard coach so there is that.

At least we still have Yesman Crossman.

Best WR? Nope, not with Watkins on the roster. Bills stink and with out talent? This is will be a shock to those on the roster. I liked Stevie but he can be a head case. He will do well in SF because he can be the #2 WR. I disagree that they are spinning their wheels. Picked up FA talent. Only glaring needs are OL and DB depth.

Let's trade a 27 year old with 3 1000 yard seasons, on an average starter's contract for a 4th f'in rounder.

Sammy is better but it basically cost us 2 1st round picks to upgrade to a better WR. I would rather have two stud players + Stevie than Sammy

And people wonder why the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 14 years. Might as well make the 15 (and 16)

I love Stevie, but wasn't he here for 7 of the 14 years we failed to make the playoffs?

Greggo Marrone's thin skin just cost us our first round pick next year and $3.5M in cap space this year. Better draft well Whaley.....there will be no signing of vet guards or journeyman QB's.

I hope Sammy doesn't wear a funny t-shirt or something. It might be too much for Greggo Marrone's ego to handle.

The funny thing is that Marrone was fine with trading for a guy (Williams) who really had some baggage. Edited by Peter