WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

Lost in all of this talk -- no chemistry between Stevie and EJ. When one was healthy the other was hurt. The only Buffalo QB who seemed to "get" Stevie was Fitz.

We need to move on, folks. Stevie -- great guy, hard worker, overachiever -- is part of the losing past. I wish him well in San Fran -- he'll be walking into a winning culture and I hope he has a great season.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO do it next year when you actually have to worry about that. let him play and help the team this year. a 4th rd pick NEXT YEAR does not help this team get to teh playoffs this year.

We can't put 5 receivers on the field at a time!

I am still not liking the deal for Watkins, but I must admit that this move makes it a bit easier to tolerate. I would like to see them trade down tonight in a similar manner if they get the right offer.

You will Bill... He will be Whaley's Hines Ward (or hopefully even better).

Of course nothing is a sure fire hit but the odds are as good as they ever get.

Hate this too. Solid No. 2 and a fun personality. One of the most hard route runners I've ever seen. Never stops, even when he's not the intended receiver.

Obviously was a fifth wheel with Watkins and Williams on board now.

Except on pick-6's in the endzone :oops:

Let's trade a 27 year old with 3 1000 yard seasons, on an average starter's contract for a 4th f'in rounder.

Sammy is better but it basically cost us 2 1st round picks to upgrade to a better WR. I would rather have two stud players + Stevie than Sammy

Misleading, we gave up 1 first round pick

Edited by HamSandwhich

Would rather have kept SJ13 and done the draft differently. This may work out for the best, but it's not what I would have done. But I'm just a fan with a keyboard, so I have to hope the people in charge know what they are doing.

Logical thinking

Lost in all of this talk -- no chemistry between Stevie and EJ. When one was healthy the other was hurt. The only Buffalo QB who seemed to "get" Stevie was Fitz.

We need to move on, folks. Stevie -- great guy, hard worker, overachiever -- is part of the losing past. I wish him well in San Fran -- he'll be walking into a winning culture and I hope he has a great season.

I generally agree with you but the reason the 49ers have a winning culture is making smart moves like this. Also, should we trade Kyle and Mario Williams? They are part of the losing culture as well?

I'm never negative and I'm praying I'm wrong. But I see SJ being a major contributer to a good team with championship hopes while our young guys learn the ropes from Mike Williams.

To put it in perspective I told my co-worker here on the West Coast my Bills just traded Stevie Johnson. He said, "who"?

Here's hoping Sammy is truly worth the trade-up.

Is your co-worker a football fan?