Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against Kelly, I pray that he beats this, but who's heart skipped a beat when the alert just came through thinking it was a Spikes signing?

I was in a meeting and pulled my phone out saw an espn alert and basically said f the meeting. Boss chewed me out for a min then asked if we signed spikes. I said no jimbo has cancer again. He then wrote me up.

Please pass on Spikes. The guy's a dirty player. It's hard for me to forget his flexing at the Bills sideline after he injured Fred Jackson a couple of seasons ago. Taking him will only make it harder for me to root for this team. Besides that, he's not really that good. He's a liability in coverage and what the Bills really need is a big time, full time MLB to anchor what looks to be a base 4-3 defense next season not some guy that plays 10 downs a game and not at all vs opponents that spread the field all the time. Try to draft one. Forget Spikes.

It's not that I'm against it. I just think he's a very limited player and we need to keep that in mind. This is not a terrible signing, but it's not a significant signing at all (at least in my opinion). Also, previous Bills' pickups from the Belichik scrapheap haven't worked out so well - Mark Anderson and Bledsoe.

Different players. And if he helps the Bills stop the run that is very significant. The Bills pass rush/pass defense is pretty good. Plays into their hands to make teams throw.

Please pass on Spikes. The guy's a dirty player. It's hard for me to forget his flexing at the Bills sideline after he injured Fred Jackson a couple of seasons ago. Taking him will only make it harder for me to root for this team. Besides that, he's not really that good. He's a liability in coverage and what the Bills really need is a big time, full time MLB to anchor what looks to be a base 4-3 defense next season not some guy that plays 10 downs a game and not at all vs opponents that spread the field all the time. Try to draft one. Forget Spikes.

Why can’t they sign Spikes AND draft an ILB to develop. Because we draft one doesn’t mean he’ll be ready right away. And there’s this from an hour ago (I know, I know, just relaying the info):

45]

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Brandon Spikes has a deal in principle with the Buffalo Bills (Pending Physical) #BillsMafia #IBN

Edited by purple haze

He is EXACTLY What we need. He becomes a Bill you need to get the hell over him flexing after smacking the **** outta Jackson.

I'm confused, didn't Spikes already get a physical earlier this afternoon?

It's Incarcerated Bob, he says something like that for most FA visits. If he's right 20% of the time, it's good enough for 100K followers.

He is EXACTLY What we need. He becomes a Bill you need to get the hell over him flexing after smacking the **** outta Jackson.

Yes, we can't pass on the best run-stuffing LB in FA just to protect the delicate sensibilities of a few fans. I'd bet $$$ that FJax himself would love the signing. You don't stop LeGarrette Blount with a Boy Scout.

Edited by QCity

That's why i pulled out the doge meme. Not only does he (she? they? I don't actually know) guess, but why in the world would this annoucement be made during dinner? Wouldn't it come after?

He must have a good friends, cousin that lives in buffalo sitting next to Luke Russert at tempo that overheard something to do with ex-lax.... contacts.... contracts.... WHAT!!!!

It's Incarcerated Bob, he says something like that for most FA visits. If he's right 20% of the time, it's good enough for 100K followers.

My bad I didn't even look at who was saying it

but but but he's a meany.... lol i don't care if the guys a jerk. i care about winning. if you want a team of good dudes thats on you. i want to win.

I'm pretty sure the 80s/90s bills were jerks at the time too. I'm ready to go full al davis just win baby!

on the other side there is the "worst" run stop rate for LB's

K. Rivers NYG

Well...Maybe we're just getting over-analytics now, because PFF gave Rivers a +3.9 over the past two seasons vs the run...

So... :huh:

PFF also graded Spikes very well vs the run...So as a Bills fan, I'm going with PFF... ;)

I know some people love Poz on this board. One of the differences between Poz and Spikes is that I do not recall ever seeing Spikes bowled over by a running back.

Another difference is that all Pos knows is how to lose. Bills need to learn how to win, and proven talent from winning teams can help change that attitude.