Couple great quotes in Daily News Article

stevewin

“We’re not going to be a playoff team until they say we’re in the playoffs,” Willie Colon said. “Right now, we just lost to the f--- Buffalo Bills.”

:lol:

“I just think it’s a lack of maturity, I really do,” said receiver David Nelson. “We have to just grow up.”

:nana:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-seesaw-season-continues-loss-bills-article-1.1520038

I liked Nelson when he was with the Bills. But for all his talk of revenge this week, he was nearly invisible today.

Geno Smith's day totally changed when Dareus put his hat right on the 7 in the first quarter. He spent the rest of the day trying to figure out who was going to drill him next.

Where's the quote about how fun Dave and Busters was though?

Another great quote from Colon:

“If it was motivation for them then it is, but if a team had done that to me it wouldn’t motivate me. If they feel that was motivation for them, fine, but we beat ourselves today, they didn’t beat us.’’

Edited by The Wiz

“If it was motivation for them then it is, but if a team had done that to me it wouldn’t motivate me. If they feel that was motivation for them, fine, but we beat ourselves today, they didn’t beat us.’’

OK :rolleyes:

I had to listen to the game on the radio yesterday afternoon (watched it when I got home on DVR). I listened to 104.5 in the Albany area so they carry the Jets games. These announcers were gloating over the Jets pre-game and Bob Washuzen (sp?) was such a homer I damn near puked (he always is, but yesterday was over the top). Then, the absolute best part was post game when the Jets' "analysts" said (I am paraphrasing) : "....well, the Jets have a few tough games coming up against teams like Baltimore that really know how to close a game out and win...". WTF?? We just kicked your a$$ and you are worrying about a team "that knows how to win"?? LOL :wallbash: :wallbash:

Wow. So he's known for great judgement and character. Lol.

From what I heard through the grapevine, he's actually a bit of a loser. He clung onto Roethlisberger like a hapless lackey.

Now that Roethlisberger is a changed man and Colon is in New York, I wonder if he tries to get the women who are going after Geno.

I had to listen to the game on the radio yesterday afternoon (watched it when I got home on DVR). I listened to 104.5 in the Albany area so they carry the Jets games. These announcers were gloating over the Jets pre-game and Bob Washuzen (sp?) was such a homer I damn near puked (he always is, but yesterday was over the top). Then, the absolute best part was post game when the Jets' "analysts" said (I am paraphrasing) : "....well, the Jets have a few tough games coming up against teams like Baltimore that really know how to close a game out and win...". WTF?? We just kicked your a$$ and you are worrying about a team "that knows how to win"?? LOL :wallbash: :wallbash:

What kills me is that any of these pundits could think that the Bills got lucky, or that the Jets don't have significant flaws. We just crushed your starting QB, and you expect to go into Baltimore and play a close one. Good luck with that.

From what I heard through the grapevine, he's actually a bit of a loser. He clung onto Roethlisberger like a hapless lackey.

Now that Roethlisberger is a changed man and Colon is in New York, I wonder if he tries to get the women who are going after Geno.

What kills me is that any of these pundits could think that the Bills got lucky, or that the Jets don't have significant flaws. We just crushed your starting QB, and you expect to go into Baltimore and play a close one. Good luck with that.

Yeah, I'm in the belly of the beast as far as Jets' fans in these parts. Some statements from fans I understand...but when an analyst makes a boneheaded observation after getting creamed, you have to wonder about their credentials. This all ties into the Colon comments above....slowly and quietly the Bills are improving. Next year, we pounce (hopefully)

As I was getting ready to head to the bar and watch the game yesterday, I had the GR pre-game show on. Even the local Buffalo guys seemed, to me, to be giving the Jets way too much credit...all of the vaunted "roundtable" guys picked the Jets to win, pretty soundly...except Paul Hamilton who said "Far be it from me to be the optimistic one, but I think the Bills are going to win this one...just a feeling"

Yeah, I'm in the belly of the beast as far as Jets' fans in these parts. Some statements from fans I understand...but when an analyst makes a boneheaded observation after getting creamed, you have to wonder about their credentials. This all ties into the Colon comments above....slowly and quietly the Bills are improving. Next year, we pounce (hopefully)

I feel for you. When I was in grad school, I had to watch games at a Jets bar. It was a horrible experience. I watched the horrible opening day OT loss to the Jets in 2001 there--i.e., Morton KO return--and it was painful to be surrounded by these Jets homers.

Then these Jets fans feel like they can make fun of us because they won a Super Bowl in like 1972, and we haven't won one.

I have not heard anyone from the Bills say that was motivation. I guess it must have been someone else on the interior of the Jets line getting their butt handed to him all day long by Williams and Dareus.

I liked Nelson when he was with the Bills. But for all his talk of revenge this week, he was nearly invisible today.

Geno was terrible and our D was good, but it did show Nelson to be nothing worth crying over. Honestly--and I can't believe I will say this--we're better off with TJ Graham than Nelson.

I feel for you. When I was in grad school, I had to watch games at a Jets bar. It was a horrible experience. I watched the horrible opening day OT loss to the Jets in 2001 there--i.e., Morton KO return--and it was painful to be surrounded by these Jets homers.

Then these Jets fans feel like they can make fun of us because they won a Super Bowl in like 1972, and we haven't won one.

If your team's success happened while you were not actively a fan of that team (i.e., too young to remember, weren't born yet, bandwagon jumper, etc.), it's pretty bush league to crow about it. I mean, it's great that the Bills won AFL championships in the 60s, but I feel no connection to it because it happened well before my time.

Geno was terrible and our D was good, but it did show Nelson to be nothing worth crying over. Honestly--and I can't believe I will say this--we're better off with TJ Graham than Nelson.

I would probably still take Nelson over Graham, but neither is any great shakes. Graham did have one of his better games today, going 2 for 3 on catchable deep balls. His adjustment on the TD was very impressive.

In the NFL vernacular Buffalo Bills = opposite of playoff team

It is an earned identity, sadly

As for David Nelson, unless you are a superstar you don't talk revenge. Yes, it was a mistake for them to let Nelson go and yes EJ Manuel could really use him but Nelson is never going to be anything more than a good NFL receiver.

I can't help but laugh at these comments coming from an OL. The game that I watched had the Bills DL absolutely dominating Colon and co. Ha ha, I wonder what he thinks the Bills record would be if the defense got to line up opposite him each week?

Also, his twitter handle is @willcolon66 so have at it. I am thinking about slinging a few jabs his way :)

Update: I sent a couple from my alternate handle that I use to trash talk. I told him to go back to blocking bathroom doors because he can't block d linemen.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Geno Smith's day totally changed when Dareus put his hat right on the 7 in the first quarter. He spent the rest of the day trying to figure out who was going to drill him next.

The amount of media attention that the Jets get gives that team a false sense of relevance. They were manhandled yesterday.

Nelson needs to accomplish something before he gets to talk about revenge. Chan and Fitz made that kid.

Nail? This is the hammer.

Exactly right Darin.

Some of the people I was watching the game with said the same thing when it happened. I had my doubts because I thought "come on, he's taken plenty of hits" and it sounded like wishful thinking to me at the time. (Due to recent events, I'm a little sensitive to wishful thinking. :lol:)

I was wrong. Having just re-watched the game, there can be little doubt that Dareus Maximus got into Geno's head with that hit. You can see it in his body position.