FIRE Danny Crossman; NOW!

CSBill

I said this last week, and I'm so mad this week I even took the time to learn his name. It's time to let Danny Crossman go. Last week a stupid decision cost us a game, and it almost happened again.

The words, "Over Coaching" come to mind here, just kick it through the end zone make them have to earn every inch.

I realize there is another thread that has an ancillary connection to this, but this issue is so huge it deserves it's own attention.

Marrone, you've had the b@%#$ to dump your Punter, your starting Left Guard, now it's time to show your truly a leader and hold your coaching staff just as accountable. And if you won't do it, time for Whaley to step in and take charge.

And by the way, would love to hear one of the team reporters ask about this.

Edited by CSBill

The words, "Over Coaching" come to mind here, just kick it through the end zone make them have to earn every inch.

I'm not arguing with getting rid of Crossman, but Carpenter has proven he does not have the leg to do this consistently. Buffalo is in the lower portion of the league for kickoff touchbacks. Don't you think he would be asked to do this every time if he could manage it?

If it was a called kick Marrone either made the call or was aware of it bc that kind of call doesn't happen at the end of the game without the head coaches knowledge

Edited by Max997

I'm not arguing with getting rid of Crossman, but Carpenter has proven he does not have the leg to do this consistently. Buffalo is in the lower portion of the league for kickoff touchbacks. Don't you think he would be asked to do this every time if he could manage it?

He seemed to be doing it all game, up until that final kickoff.

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

If you are going to complain about our kickoff coverage, at least know that it's 5th best in the NFL right now. Punts are 5th worst, though.

As Mark Twain said: "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics." Sometimes you need to trust your eyes over the stats sheet. And what we have seen in the last two weeks is all the evidence I need: When the game was on the line in two straight games, the kick coverage units 1) did cost us a game last week, and 2) almost did it again this week. Moreover, throw in the Cleveland game for exhibit "B."

A case could be made for pinning a lose on the kick coverage teams for two games, and almost a 3rd . . . and we've only played 7.

BTW, Thigpen's knee was down at the 33-yard line after Carpenter's tackle. Should have been reviewed upstairs but wasn't.

I was surprised...and a little furious that this wasn't looked at. I'm thinking that Marrone called the timeout afterwards to give the booth more time to look at it...still didn't get a challenge.

Edited by kdub

A reminder - if you look at the buffalo noews piece today, the kick was intended to be deep in or out of the end zone. Carpenter made a bad kick, and it wasn't planned.

I'll say again, even without that call his résumé hasn't been great here or the last decade. Odds are we are seeing his absolute best right now.

After seeing the New England player that got the penalty on the last play of the Jets game blatantly lie to protect the coaches I have to wonder if Carpenter is lying.

The New England guy said he decided out of the blue to push the other guy up the middle to disrupt the kick and wasn't coached to do that? BS! You could tell that was a play they practiced many times and thought they were getting away with it on a technicality because the rule states that a 2nd line player can't push someone up the middle but the NE coaches were counting on the refs not calling it because it was another lineman doing the pushing.

With Carpenter's kick watch the tape. It looks like he takes something off it and tries to kick it high and short. He didn't drive it like he usually does. I bet they wanted it returned to run some time off the clock and it backfired

After seeing the New England player that got the penalty on the last play of the Jets game blatantly lie to protect the coaches I have to wonder if Carpenter is lying.

The New England guy said he decided out of the blue to push the other guy up the middle to disrupt the kick and wasn't coached to do that? BS! You could tell that was a play they practiced many times and thought they were getting away with it on a technicality because the rule states that a 2nd line player can't push someone up the middle but the NE coaches were counting on the refs not calling it because it was another lineman doing the pushing.

With Carpenter's kick watch the tape. It looks like he takes something off it and tries to kick it high and short. He didn't drive it like he usually does. I bet they wanted it returned to run some time off the clock and it backfired

Our kickoff coverage has been awesome all season. A high shorter kick around the goal line, and Easley gets down there and nails Thigpen inside the 15 is what they were probably trying to do. And it would run some clock. Instead the coverage on one side did not stay in their lanes and gave him the outside. Made for a very stressful ending. That being said, Carpenter is light years better than Lindell was. He could be here for a long time. A GREAT pickup by the Bills.

I said this last week, and I'm so mad this week I even took the time to learn his name. It's time to let Danny Crossman go. Last week a stupid decision cost us a game, and it almost happened again.

I realize there is another thread that has an ancillary connection to this, but this issue is so huge it deserves it's own attention.

Marrone, you've had the b@%#$ to dump your Punter, your starting Left Guard, now it's time to show your truly a leader and hold your coaching staff just as accountable. And if you won't do it, time for Whaley to step in and take charge.

Carpenter said the plan was to kick out of the endzone. He said he missed it and it was a bad kick. Why fire a coach because of that?

I got on this bus after the Browns game. He should have never been hired in the first place.

Just looked up the stats...

We're 28th best in kick return average.

12th best in punt return average.

7th best in kick return coverage.

28th best in punt return coverage.

Our average ranking for these ST units is about 19 of 32. We're a bit below league average but not as much as I had guessed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/returning/sort/yardsPerPuntReturn/position/defense/order/false