Did the bills just become the new landing spot for Josh Freeman

263 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him?

• yes
    • no
    • give tuel another go

nope, don't need another bum

Manuel is hurt, tuel does not have the arm strength.

Freeman was good before Schiano came in.

no he sucked since his second year getting his HC fired. He did well as a rookie but teams figured him out and he didn't improve, we don't need guys that can't up their game.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeman is going to want a multi year deal which I doubt the Bills would offer him and I doubt he'd want to come be EJ's backup. As much as the Bills might want Freeman for this year I doubt we're an attractive landing spot for him.

Yep. Freeman wants a starting gig. Why sign on to be the backup to a rookie 1st round pick when there are 2-3 teams that will want you as their starter? Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Given Freeman salary for this year is high and being paid by the Bucs, there is little chance someone will sign him to a long-term deal. He needs a one-year deal where he has a chance to play. At this point, nobody wanted his salary from a trade or off waivers. Freeman will have to play his way to a new contract that starts next year.

But many accounts, Shiano ruined him and is looking more and more like a coach on a short leash. Buffalo would probably be a good spot for him to sign as a backup but there are issues. As with any other team, he knows nothing about the offense. No QB will step onto this team and pick up the playbook fast enough to start next week, even with an extra couple of days. If Manuel is out for the next game, Tuel is the starter, like it or not. Freeman or another signee would only be the backup for that game. I seriously doubt he or any of the other QBs available on the market would be able to start in two weeks given the learning curve.

The Bills have little choice. They have to get Freeman to Buffalo if they can reasonably do so. Odds are EJ will get dinged to some degree this season. No way can Tuel be the guy coming in. He was supposed to be the 3rd stringer this season and he needs to be put back there.

The other reality is that players know these situations. A good starting QB with no backup is a big target. Imagine if you are on a team fighting for the playoffs. Knock him out and the game is decided? 15 yards and a fine doesn't seem so bad.

I see this as an opportunity for both parties.

People want to rag on Freeman but he is looking for a fresh start and a chance to showcase his skills. If he came here (presuming EJ is hurt) he'd get that and he'd get no pressure for commitment from the Bills.

Looks like what the Kolb situation should have been, with a more talented player whose skills are more in line with EJ's.

Its a simple as this: This team should make it a mandatory priority to at LEAST bring a guy in and work him out after Tuel's performance last night. EJ had knee problems before the injury last night. And when an unproven, undrafted rookie is your backup to your starter, who, himself , is unproven ...its a recipe for disaster! The Bills were askin for trouble to begin with...

Morgan Freeman?

Good, another cost saving move by the Bills

Bring Morgan Freeman in to Qb and this will also allow them to fire the guy they get to do voice overs for promotions/commercials, and in game announcements!

If I was Freeman, the second that I was cut I would have had my agent booking me a flight to Minneosota with a football and a couple of guys to catch it and just stood in the front offices parking lot playing catch.

Thats the best spot for him right now to be a starter. He won't come to Buffalo unless Manuel is done for a long time (don't see that happening unless his knee got worse on the sidelines), its a waste for him to sign here because he won't have the chance to show what he can do unless manuel becomes injury prone. Even Cleveland would be tough after Weedons performance last night and Hoyers performance the last 2 games. If Hoyer is done for the year it might make more sence because they will probably give up on Weedon again during their next loss.

I would kick the tires but people are being way too hard on Tuel who admittedly looked bad. Very hard situation for any QB though. But I do think he would be better on the PS. I thought that before today though but there wasn't much available. We could use a quality back up and Freeman is available so why not?

I might also address the punting situation, that wasn't acceptable today either.

I don't know about tough situation. You have been preparing to play football, you get your chance. Go play football and show us what you can do. The good ones step up and make plays or at least look competent. Even Trent Edwards came in for Losman against New England and marched down the field for a TD.

Sure he will perform better being prepared and with a long week of first team reps, but he showed a lot of negatives in general awareness of how to play football, not just in execution and being in sync. I HATED the play where he was tackled in bounds for a loss near the sideline inside of two minutes. He does understand that he can just throw the ball out of bounds past the line of scrimmage and things are better for his team, right? I was tremendously disappointed in his football performance. I think he is a guy who can make some of the throws, and maybe blossom, but is a long way from being able to help win or even not lose a football game in the NFL. Before the concussion I was a fan of Kolb as the backup, and skeptical on why Tuel was anything more than practice squad for now.

Trade with the Lions - get Shaun Hill. He's 33 and knows what his role is. He won't embarrass himself or the team. You have a solid backup QB for the next 2 years. I'd give up a 5th rounder for someone like him.

Why would the Lions trade their backup QB after witnessing what happened in Buffalo?

Why would the Lions trade their backup QB after witnessing what happened in Buffalo?

I realize all these "trades" aren't going to happen. Just throwing a name of someone who I'd want if we were to make a possible trade. The Lions have former Heisman candidate Kellen Moore 3rd string.

I will start by saying I could be wrong.....but i doubt it. There is no way the Buffalo will bring in Freeman and here are the reasons why.

1. They are not going to risk a QB controversy if he plays well. (I know it's a weak reason, but it's still a valid one)

2. They are not going to pay him the money he wants.

3. He isn't going to sign with us even if we try, because he will want to be a starter. Even if he plays well (if we did sign him) he would still sit on the bench when EJ is healthy again and he won't want to be on the bench after being a starter the last 2 seasons.

I just don't see it happening. I think they will use Thad for next week if Tuel doesn't look good in the first practice for the Bungles. Even bringing in a new QB they won't be ready in 10 days.

JMO and I hate to say it, I think there going to try and bring in Timmy T or Thigpen. Tebow's more mobile then Thigpen, but Thigpen's arm is slightly better and he has some mobility.

Flame Away!

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy

I will start by saying I could be wrong.....but i doubt it. There is no way the Buffalo will bring in Freeman and here are the reasons why.

1. They are not going to risk a QB controversy if he plays well. (I know it's a weak reason, but it's still a valid one)

2. They are not going to pay him the money he wants.

3. He isn't going to sign with us even if we try, because he will want to be a starter. Even if he plays well (if we did sign him) he would still sit on the bench when EJ is healthy again and he won't want to be on the bench after being a starter the last 2 seasons.

I just don't see it happening. I think they will use Thad for next week if Tuel doesn't look good in the first practice for the Bungles. Even bringing in a new QB they won't be ready in 10 days.

JMO and I hate to say it, I think there going to try and bring in Timmy T or Thigpen. Tebow's more mobile then Thigpen, but Thigpen's arm is slightly better and he has some mobility.

Flame Away!

BigPappy

I agree that he will have multiple options, but I don't know that he will know for sure he could start right away and for the foreseeable future anywhere but J-ville and they are tanking for a #1. Not that it is going to be hard for them to do that. Houston and Minn are both teams that may make a QB change, but I think it is too early in the season for them to create a QB controversy when they have healthy starters and backups. I think the Bills is actully a good situation for him, becasue they can sign him for this season, he can come in for 3-5 games and is he does well, is free to sign anywhere else possibly for a big contract. I don't think there would be a QB controversy here, EJ is this coaching staff and FO's guy and they are going to do everything to make him succeed long-term.

Flame Away!

BigPappy

You should be banned.