Are we in some kind of Bills news blackout?

Nothing new on the front page since June 28. And the topics and posts on TSW are looking a little stale too.

You mean to tell me the Buffalo News had nothing on the Bills over the weekend?

Nothing new on the front page since June 28. And the topics and posts on TSW are looking a little stale too.

You mean to tell me the Buffalo News had nothing on the Bills over the weekend?

All contracts are signed...players are off until camp starts, so yes nothing going on. Same thing every year at this time.

Edited by nucci

All hail to hockey. The draft was this weekend.

Buffalo is a hockey first town. Football is second.

Don't be fooled. That is only because the Sabres are the only ones that have put out a somewhat decent product in the last 15 years. Make no mistake about it, when the Bills win again you will see just how much this is a football town. I mean seriously, just look how much we have supported this garbage over the last X number of years. If the Sabres continued to be terrible for 13+ years do you think they would still have the support that the Bills currently have? I don't.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Wait...

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Wait, wait, wait....

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Hold on a minute, I'm almost done...

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Your hilarious dude. Absolutely hilarious.

If the Sabres continued to be terrible for 13+ years do you think they would still have the support that the Bills currently have? I don't.

yeah, maybe because they would have been the Hamilton Whatever's, or the Columbus BisonSwords.

In actuality, the Sabres have put a horrible product on the ice for almost as long. A 2 year run after the first lockout until the rest of the league realized it wasn't going to change its game. Then the GM (who is more of a joke than any Bills GM have had since) completely dissasembthe team that got them to that point. The organization is living off the support of teenage kids that fell in love with the Danny Briere Sabres and they are now in their early to mid 20s and not buying the crap anymore either.

With all that said, the young ins around here will see just how crazy this town can get when the football team is good again. Nothing they've ever seen before.

In actuality, the Sabres have put a horrible product on the ice for almost as long. A 2 year run after the first lockout until the rest of the league realized it wasn't going to change its game. Then the GM (who is more of a joke than any Bills GM have had since) completely dissasembthe team that got them to that point. The organization is living off the support of teenage kids that fell in love with the Danny Briere Sabres and they are now in their early to mid 20s and not buying the crap anymore either.

Well, since there isn't anything else going on...

Regardless of Regier's incompetence, he did not dissemble that team. The Marching orders came from Quinn and Golisano. This is a well known fact. I'm all for piling on Darcy, but let's use the things he's actually responsible for to do it.

That's absurd. The Bills rule Buffalo.

No love for Canisius Basketball?

Canisius rocks...but this fella's perception of reality is so off kilter, I figured I'd reinforce it in his mind. Go Buffalo Braves!!! Ernie Degregorio....you the man!!

It's the quietest time in the NFL calendar. If players aren't, say, shooting and dumping bodies in industrial parks a mile from their McMansions, there's not much of anything else going on.

True dat - It's the little stretch of time where mini-camp is over, you've got your players signed, and you're going to take some time off before starting the grind that goes from start of training camp through the playoffs.

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Well, since there isn't anything else going on...

Regardless of Regier's incompetence, he did not dissemble that team. The Marching orders came from Quinn and Golisano. This is a well known fact. I'm all for piling on Darcy, but let's use the things he's actually responsible for to do it.

oh, do you work for the Sabres? Do you have factual knowledge of all this?

Didnt think so.

The one thing remains, through multiple owners, multiple lockouts, and multiple coaches..... Darcy Regier. And he sucks. The Sabres only got lucky for a few years after the lockout. And Darcy, even though, they wanted to stay, refused to re-negotiate contracts to Briere, Drury, Campbell during the season. Because of that we lost them for nothing or nearly nothing. We were also forced to massively overpay for Vanek because it would have been a riot in the streets if we lost Vanek right after Briere and Drury.

At the end of the day, hockey is barely even considered a sport. Even ESPN barely thinks it exists. And we are one of the most un-relevant teams in hockey. So were pretty much one of the worst teams in all of American sports. Congrats Sabre fan.

At the end of the day, hockey is barely even considered a sport. Even ESPN barely thinks it exists. And we are one of the most un-relevant teams in hockey. So were pretty much one of the worst teams in all of American sports. Congrats Sabre fan.

Wow, are you using being a Sabres fan as an insult and lauding ESPN in the same post? Ok then.

Edited by jeremy2020

If the Bills have (as reported) $18.665 M what's the hold up in signing Byrd to a long term deal?

https://www.nflplaye...px?report=top51

The Bills might not value Byrd as much as he values himself. The Bills might be looking at salary cap problems in coming years and might be hesitant to commit to another big contract. Maybe Byrd's agent, slept with Doug's wife. Who knows. It's money. Money is never straight forward.

The Bills might not value Byrd as much as he values himself. The Bills might be looking at salary cap problems in coming years and might be hesitant to commit to another big contract. Maybe Byrd's agent, slept with Doug's wife. Who knows. It's money. Money is never straight forward.

I tend to agree with you on this point. I think they like Byrd, but are unsure if the benefit outweighs the cost in future years with CJ, Dareus, coming up shortly. If you want to build a dynasty (yeahhhhh, I said it) you have to fashion a staggered salary plan for multiple players rather than taking a shot all at once. It's not like Byrd is the last piece of the puzzle for the Niners to get over the hump or the one player the Pats need to win a SB before Tom retires. We are a young team and it appears they are trying to keep a solid core of young talent together. By signing Byrd to a huge contract, the Bills FO "may be" concerned they will lose other young players in the future who perform equally as well (if not better).

I don't bother with hockey at all just not into it I guess. I don't mean to offend the fans I went to a Sabres game once about 25 years ago at the old Aud. I had fun at the game but it just wasn't for me. But with respect to all the Sabre fans out there GO! SABRES! and good luck. :)

I don't bother with hockey at all just not into it I guess. I don't mean to offend the fans I went to a Sabres game once about 25 years ago at the old Aud. I had fun at the game but it just wasn't for me. But with respect to all the Sabre fans out there GO! SABRES! and good luck. :)

Agree!

I guess I get frustrated with all the Sabres talk around here when all I care about is Football/Bills. There is nothing more annoying than when I head out into a bar at the end of October and have to fight to get a College Football game on. Meanwhile the Sabres are in game #2 of an 82 game season against the Columbus Whatevers. Final score 1-0 in a shootout

True dat - It's the little stretch of time where mini-camp is over, you've got your players signed, and you're going to take some time off before starting the grind that goes from start of training camp through the playoffs.

dat? really?

$18.665 M

That's what Byrd wants each year. :ph34r:

As Buffalo Rumblings writes, Byrd has possibly been seeking a contract comparable to what San Diego's Eric Weddle signed in July of 2011, one for five years, $40 million, $19 million guaranteed and adjusted for current times. The thought of the Bills letting Byrd go just won't work for a defense that struggled mightily throughout last year.

close only half of that.

Hell just give him Fit'z old contract

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever