Rd 2, Pick #46: LB Kiko Alonso - Oregon

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm late to the party, but I dig this pick. We need more wreckless LBs. Even though its diminished in the days of nickle and dime, I've always felt LB's set the tone for a defense.

Edited by rafter

I really wonder who makes all these videos. It seems for each drafted player there is a well made highlight reel. There was even one for Goodwin. Who makes all these? Agents?

Arthur Brown!!! We better grab Khaseem Greene in 4. Need lots of LBs. What's up with Dansby???

I think the Dansby prospect was abrogated with the Kiko pick. You snooze, you loose, Karlos.

Thanks Nanker!

As for Dansby, I'm still hoping. He brings so much and being spelled by Kiko would help prolong his career and influence.

I still want Karlos.

But the Kiko kid can line up all over and that's a great fit for Pettine's scheme i think.

I did not not know who he was yesterday but heck i got a good feeling about him today.

If we can get Dansby i think Sheppard might be on a short leash. But if Kelvin can turn it up a notch boy oh boy will we really have a defense offenses will dread.

I still want Karlos.

But the Kiko kid can line up all over and that's a great fit for Pettine's scheme i think.

I did not not know who he was yesterday but heck i got a good feeling about him today.

If we can get Dansby i think Sheppard might be on a short leash. But if Kelvin can turn it up a notch boy oh boy will we really have a defense offenses will dread.

This

I really wonder who makes all these videos. It seems for each drafted player there is a well made highlight reel. There was even one for Goodwin. Who makes all these? Agents?

I think the Dansby prospect was abrogated with the Kiko pick. You snooze, you loose, Karlos.

There's not a singular answer, but generally yes - the really good ones come from agents, or firms etc.... But going back these kids have been making them since HS to help get scholarship attention. So friends, and family too

Edited by NoSaint

I liked this guy but didn't think he had a chance making it to B/lo b/c of his off the field stuff.

We never take any guys with any type of character stuff but i like it !

I just don't get the pick of the Texas WR with guys like Q. Patton & D. Rogers still out there doesn't make a lot of sense but could be why we are the Bills !!!!

Anyhow...

Why would they take this Alonso? All I know from googling him is that he's clearly an alcoholic. Sounds like a future special teamer

Why do you even come here? All you do is whine and post and negative comments about everything the Bills do. Get a grip.

Mayock just said how he liked what the Bills have done so far. Likes the trade down likes the two WR. Alonzo is a "human wrecking ball" and the Bills really needed him because Nick Barnett is thirty two years old.

So he doesn't know that Barnett got cut months ago? These are the guys we listen too, yikes.

Mayock just said how he liked what the Bills have done so far. Likes the trade down likes the two WR. Alonzo is a "human wrecking ball" and the Bills really needed him because Nick Barnett is thirty two years old.

So he doesn't know that Barnett got cut months ago? These are the guys we listen too, yikes.

BEST IN THE BIZ.

I know it is a highligh video but a few things i see-

First he can cover, and he has very good hands.

He also has great instincts for finding the ball. This is something that can not be coached. You either have it or do not.

Very fast and physical guy, seems like exactly what you need now to be an NFL linebacker.

The Bills needed a LB and love they got this kid. Appears he will be able to stay on the field for all 3downs.

I am familiar with Alonso's play & his history & I believe he's going to be a great addition. I also think he's nuts. But if you think about the type of guys who are regarded as all-time great defensive players, aren't they all nuts, vicious, borderline psychos? Their pleasure in trying to hurt guys is what makes them great though maybe not such Honest John good citizens off the field. Alonso will hit you like you're a red-haired stepchild on a rented mule.

Didn't Barnett tweet he was back on the Bills on April Fools day? Was that ever cleared up?

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread or not...But Stanford HC David Shaw raved about the Bills Draft, and specifically Alonso (he also said he was a huge Robert Woods Fan) on the NFL Network's coverage today...He basically said Alonso does it all, and he's all over the field making plays constantly...He said Alonso was once of his favorite players in the Conference...This was brought up when they went around the table asking everyone who, up to that point (I think it was late in the 6th), had the best Draft...And Shaw's team was the Bills...

I'm a huge David Shaw fan...So that made his comments twice as nice for me... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I liked this guy but didn't think he had a chance making it to B/lo b/c of his off the field stuff.

We never take any guys with any type of character stuff but i like it !

I just don't get the pick of the Texas WR with guys like Q. Patton & D. Rogers still out there doesn't make a lot of sense but could be why we are the Bills !!!!

Feeling better T?

:)

it sounds like he's a wild animal. while not a bad thing for his position hopefully he won't get too many personal foul penalties, with all the flags being thrown now...

additionally, he could instantly be the best LB the team...

there are times where i would absolutely take the flag and the 15. i'm not advocating headhunting, cheapshots, late hits or any of that. but i love the idea of a guy on defense playing that close to the edge, especially a linebacker. if he is running around lighting people up, i would think that would pump up his teammates and also the crowd. the ralph is amazing when it's rocking.

This is my favorite player in College football.

He reminds me a lot of Chris Spielman

Yes, and a bit like Urlacher though a mite smaller. Sorta like a bigger Jimmy Hasslet.

We have not had an intensity at the LB position for quite a while.

Bring it Zo. Bring it.