Rd 2, Pick #46: LB Kiko Alonso - Oregon

He comes across as an absolute retard, be damned the connotations of the word.

Ha true, I like his highlights but I never want to hear him talk again, especially when he brings up that Trent Edwards went to his high school in his interview.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiko Alonzo is a GREAT pick, living in Portland and being both a Bills fan and a Ducks fan I am thrilled with this pick and you will be too by the end of next season. I have seen him play alot and this guy is an impact player with a nose for the ball. I also like the Woods pick, that guy killed us Duck fans every time we played USC.

I live in Oregon also. He is not a big bruiser MLB and almost reminds me of a strong safety wearing #47.

He would suck in Wanny's scheme (for lack of a better term).

If Pettine moves him around I could see him being very effective.

He sounded like a F**king moron in his phone interview withr Buffalo media

He's no Christopher Walken. Probably not even a wannabe if he tried.

It was neither panic nor reach...

I like Alonso more, I mean a lot more than Te'o...

Alonso is a legit player with excellent size for his position, and I think he's going to be a force for Pettine on the inside..If anything Alonso needs to dial it back a bit...He's an animal... B-)

OMG! WHEN was the last time anybody said "if anything, 'he' needs to dial it back a bit..'??

Welcome to Buffalo. Please check the yellow pages for cab services in the Niagara Frontier. You'll likely get free rides home every night you're 'out'. They even know the area well enough to make sure you get to the right house..

P.S. DON'T dial it down on Gameday.

I live in Oregon also. He is not a big bruiser MLB and almost reminds me of a strong safety wearing #47.

He would suck in Wanny's scheme (for lack of a better term).

If Pettine moves him around I could see him being very effective.

As a Ducks fan, and hearing of him after he got reinstated on the team in '11 I think. Some thought he was a little off kilter, and intense at times. The perfect attitude for a LB. I hope he likes Canadian beer.

I wonder if Kelly would have grabbed him later in the draft?

Edited by Best Player Available

There's got to be something a little wrong with you to be a linebacker. They are all crazy, I have no problem with ours being more obviously crazy.

As an Oregon guy he will miss a lot of OTAs which is a shame with immediate needs there but.... Ill say again, he's probably the best conditioned guy on the roster already.

Edited by NoSaint

College kids do crazy things all the time, I've done things and was just never caught....

So...what did you do?

He sounds so stoned in the interview on the bills page.

Yes, not retarded so much...I would have gone for stoned.

There's got to be something a little wrong with you to be a linebacker. They are all crazy, I have no problem with ours being more obviously crazy.

As an Oregon guy he will miss a lot of OTAs which is a shame with immediate needs there but.... Ill say again, he's probably the best conditioned guy on the roster already.

Yep.

The best LBs in the game have all been certifiable, or damn close to it. I don't want a nice LB. I want a nut.

Was this the interview?

In fairness, I can only imagine looking through the list of "news" in North Dakota, on my first day on the job, and thinking "Oh...Christ...well, I have to start somewhere I guess". Still funny though.

Also, I picked up this little tidbit from the CBS "player page" for Alonso Link: http://www.cbssports...825/kiko-alonso

Compares To: Daryl Washington, ILB, Arizona Cardinals -- Like his predecessor with the Cardinals, Karlos Dansby, Washington's blend of instincts, athleticism and physicality has quickly turned him into a Pro Bowler. The frenetic Alonso has a similar upside but must show the same level of commitment on and off the field that Dansby and Washington have undertaken to enjoy this kind of success.

:o:lol:

Does that mean we won't be calling Dansby back?

Also, I love the word "frenetic" being attached to a LB.

Also, Also, "The frenetic Alonso" sounds like a character from the Princess Bride, or a Monty Python skit.

So...what did you do?

Yes, not retarded so much...I would have gone for stoned.

Yep.

The best LBs in the game have all been certifiable, or damn close to it. I don't want a nice LB. I want a nut.

In fairness, I can only imagine looking through the list of "news" in North Dakota, on my first day on the job, and thinking "Oh...Christ...well, I have to start somewhere I guess". Still funny though.

Also, I picked up this little tidbit from the CBS "player page" for Alonso Link: http://www.cbssports...825/kiko-alonso

Compares To: Daryl Washington, ILB, Arizona Cardinals -- Like his predecessor with the Cardinals, Karlos Dansby, Washington's blend of instincts, athleticism and physicality has quickly turned him into a Pro Bowler. The frenetic Alonso has a similar upside but must show the same level of commitment on and off the field that Dansby and Washington have undertaken to enjoy this kind of success.

:o:lol:

Does that mean we won't be calling Dansby back?

Also, I love the word "frenetic" being attached to a LB.

Also, Also, "The frenetic Alonso" sounds like a character from the Princess Bride, or a Monty Python skit.

I doubt this affects Dansby all that much. Freako is going to play outside and inside and attack and cover. He's not a thumper or well known for shedding blocks. I still think we need Dansby for running downs and short yardage.

I doubt this affects Dansby all that much. Freako is going to play outside and inside and attack and cover. He's not a thumper or well known for shedding blocks. I still think we need Dansby for running downs and short yardage.

Plus, who knows if the kids a day one starter. We need someone week 1 still, and being an Oregon kid we won't really have him in the building til like late June right?

Plus, pettine has no ties to bradham or shep so I wouldn't pencil them in as having futures yet. Midround guys drafted by the last regime, and the regime before that are hardly set in stone even if we like bradhams potential... He was still drafted to be a DW 43 olb, and that might not translate to a MP lomg term vision for a 34 ILB

Plus, who knows if the kids a day one starter. We need someone week 1 still, and being an Oregon kid we won't really have him in the building til like late June right?

Plus, pettine has no ties to bradham or shep so I wouldn't pencil them in as having futures yet. Midround guys drafted by the last regime, and the regime before that are hardly set in stone even if we like bradhams potential... He was still drafted to be a DW 43 olb, and that might not translate to a MP lomg term vision for a 34 ILB

I don't expect Kiko to be a starter at all right away. I would also imagine that the new regime loves Bradham, he's exactly their kind of player. We definitely need a 4-3 MLB or 3-4 ILB that can take on blockers and is stout against the run. Shep doesn't look like that guy. Kiko is not that guy.

I don't expect Kiko to be a starter at all right away. I would also imagine that the new regime loves Bradham, he's exactly their kind of player. We definitely need a 4-3 MLB or 3-4 ILB that can take on blockers and is stout against the run. Shep doesn't look like that guy. Kiko is not that guy.

So this is exactly the scenario talked about the other day--Dansby and the Bills waiting until after the draft to see who got picked and how it would impact the LB corps. There's still a need for Karlos, so hopefully we'll see both sides come back to the table this week...

So this is exactly the scenario talked about the other day--Dansby and the Bills waiting until after the draft to see who got picked and how it would impact the LB corps. There's still a need for Karlos, so hopefully we'll see both sides come back to the table this week...

Any teams with need miss out? If so karlos gets the bidding war he hopes for potentially.