Rd 2, Pick #46: LB Kiko Alonso - Oregon

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiko is rock solid. He played in a super aggressive scheme at Oregon which should translate well here. He stood out during the Rose Bowl game vs Wisky as one of the best players on the field which was loaded with talent (Just don't watch his interview after). He's always around the ball. Very good pick.

I am and I love the pic! He can cover, he's tough as hell, and his earlier off field issues kept him from not being a first/second round grade. This kid is a great prospect in Pettines defense.

Exactly! I think Pettine is going to love this pick big time...You want an attacking Defense? Alonso fits that mold perfectly... B-)

It was neither panic nor reach...

I like Alonso more, I mean a lot more than Te'o...

Alonso is a legit player with excellent size for his position, and I think he's going to be a force for Pettine on the inside..If anything Alonso needs to dial it back a bit...He's an animal... B-)

Also, Oregon players had to be in GREAT shape

He looks perfect for Pettine's "hybrid" defense. Man, Lawson, Bradham, Alonso - they're virtually interchangeable - sure, Bradham is a little shorter, but they're all fast, good coverage LB'ers who can tackle. If Alonso is capable of lining up on either the inside or outside, it'll make it that much more easy for Pettine to mix things up.

As far as I'm concerned, we're a nice TE and CB away from having talent lined up everywhere - some of it young, no doubt, but I couldn't be more pleased with the picks they've made. Granted - I was really, really high on Tank Carradine and Ertz in the second, but when they were off the board, considering who was available, I think Buffalo has done an outstanding job of filling holes.

OK, am I the only one who will be joining the chorus of "Who the !@#$ is this?"

Never heard of him, never saw him mocked. I mean, I want some people at ILB, but I really haven't even considered this guy.

Which is why you are a poster on a fan message board and not an NFL scout.