Bills sign Manny Lawson

BRAWNDO

I just can't believe Lawson signed, knowing the Bills don't have a QB.

/sarcasm

Agree huge leap of faith by Lawson.

In all seriousness though Lawson was a big deal coming out of college and I thought he was decent for the 49ers early Pre injuries.

Let him scrap it out w the other lbs. let the best man win.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well - He sounds like he can stop the run. +1

MANNY LAWSON

Bengals outside linebacker

The good: Lawson is a solid run defender who can play in the 4-3 or 3-4 defense. He is a sure tackler, missing just three all of last season. Lawson played in every game in his two seasons in Cincinnati, although there were some games in which he played less than half the snaps.

The bad: There were expectations that Lawson would boost the pass rush, but he managed 3.5 sacks in his two years with the Bengals. He also looked rigid in pass coverage, which is why he only broke up one pass last season.

The bottom line: The Bengals have enough cap room to upgrade from Lawson. He is only 28 and a former first-round pick, so he should catch on with ano

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/66106/top-free-agents-in-the-division-no-13ther team.

Basically, the guy is an athletic freak. Was supposed to come in and get tons of sacks and QB pressures. That never happened and he's known more for stopping the run and covering TEs and slot WRs (something we couldn't do). I'll take it. It's a start but we definitely need more help at LB.

MANNY LAWSON

The good: Lawson is a solid run defender who can play in the 4-3 or 3-4 defense. He is a sure tackler, missing just three all of last season. Lawson played in every game in his two seasons in Cincinnati, although there were some games in which he played less than half the snaps.

The bad: There were expectations that Lawson would boost the pass rush, but he managed 3.5 sacks in his two years with the Bengals. He also looked rigid in pass coverage, which is why he only broke up one pass last season.

The bottom line: The Bengals have enough cap room to upgrade from Lawson. He is only 28 and a former first-round pick, so he should catch on with ano

http://espn.go.com/b...ision-no-13ther team.

Sounds like he was better in a 3-4 scheme with SF, then with CIN 4-3.

MANNY LAWSON

http://espn.go.com/b...ision-no-13ther team.

"Sure tackler"...wtf does that mean?? Anyone ever heard of this term as it relates to the Bills??

I wanted them to sign him a couple years ago, but bengals signed re-signed him before free agency. love this signing

"Sure tackler"...wtf does that mean?? Anyone ever heard of this term as it relates to the Bills??

I remember a time when I heard that.... some guy named winfield was in a bills uniform. Haven't heard it since, so it must be outdated.

A guy I know told me once that sure tacklers are not forwarding every attacker to the safeties. Offcourse I laughed in his face, the guy knows nothing about NFL, seriously. Guess our LB coach will fix that soon enough and make sure he'll be forwarding as well.

Man, news travels fast. I googled Lawson and he is a Buffalo Bill. On Wikipedia they go thru his measurables for the draft.

He ran a 4.43 forty. That is rippin' fast. Holy jumpin. He's 6'5"

Scored a 43 on the Wonderlic. Keep in mind that Vince Young scored a 4 or something.

What does Vince Young have to do with anything?

Man, news travels fast. I googled Lawson and he is a Buffalo Bill. On Wikipedia they go thru his measurables for the draft.

He ran a 4.43 forty. That is rippin' fast. Holy jumpin. He's 6'5"

Scored a 43 on the Wonderlic. Keep in mind that Vince Young scored a 4 or something.

So he's 10 times smarter than Vincy Young?

I'm not sure that's saying much.

GO BILLS!!!

So with Lawson and Bradham being penciled in as our starting OLBs, I think that decreases the chance we pick Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo or any other OLB at #8.

I dont think either of those guys are penciled in as starters. They will both play but if the team loves Jones or someone else, even another FA LB, they will jump at him. We need about three new LBs and just got one. He's a role player but a needed and decent one. Pettine likes to play a lot of different guys.

So with Lawson and Bradham being penciled in as our starting OLBs, I think that decreases the chance we pick Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo or any other OLB at #8.

id assume anderson is one OLB

Mario may play in that role, but this leads me to believe he will be a DE and lawson will be olb

MANNY LAWSON

The man sounds like exactly the kind of pick I was hoping for last night: a solid player who fits into the roll without making too much of a splash cash-wise. It would be nice to maybe get a few more, and a decent #2 receiver in the mix but I already feel a bit better.