Mario Williams considering wrist surgery (now confirmed)

buffalo1983

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I'm surprised at the lack of concern, but does no one really think that playing one handed could possibly explain the lack of production?

reduction in production? possibly-------from supposedly all-world to a complete dud? no---dont buy it.

Not sure who to blame on this one: was this a nagging injury from last season that our drs missed? Did he injure it opening game but we brushed it off? Is it so unbearable that he can't function at all or can he at least contribute on 3rd and long? Are the Bills doomed to lose every player other than the long snapper to injury?? Craziness.

Now our hard ass players like KW re gonna be looking at #94 funny..."a sore wrist? A sore wrist? C'Monn Mannn"

Can't say I'm surprised at the lack of concern, but does no one really think that playing one handed could possibly explain the lack of production?

No it's an excuse for having $50 mil in the bank and I don't care anymore. Never pay a FA that much. It's the kiss of I don't care of what you think!

AWW ! That's all well & good but i seem to remember over the entire time that i have been watching football which i started back when the favorite saying for a Bills fan was

"Miami's got the Oranges but we got The Juice" & for those of you that can remember that saying it's been a while ...

But i can remember major forces on the offensive & defensive side of the ball playing with BROKEN HANDS in a cast & still being very effective so this wrist thing is nothing more than a BS excuse !!

Man Up Mario for god sake your knocking down about a million a game so do what we brought you here to do & get rid of the friggin excuses !!!

Plus living in the shadow of Bruce Smith is a B word !!!!!! put up or shut up !!!

Edited by T master

Great job wedging in the gay jokes fellas. You'll all be writing for Leno someday im sure.

Anyways i'm one to cut Mario some slack here. None of us know how serious this apparent wrist injury is. I give him credit for attempting to play through it and contribute to the team that made him the highest paid defensive player in the league, despite the training camp injury. Obviously it's not working out, but give him some credit for not crying hurt when he obviously is.

Many of you gave Fitz credit for playing through his rib injury just last season.

My god...I am not as down on Mario as most of you seem to be (though I was a little skeptical about him when we signed him) but I almost posted, in another thread on Mario, that I would bet the house that he would be injured soon, and not finish the season...it was just a hunch... so much for our bookend stud pass-rushers!

There might be a bit of a mental ailment along with this physical ailment. New team, rough going of it, new town...

...not to mention, some, douchey fans! :ph34r:

AWW ! That's all well & good but i seem to remember over the entire time that i have been watching football which i started back when the favorite saying for a Bills fan was

"Miami's got the Oranges but we got The Juice" & for those of you that can remember that saying it's been a while ...

But i can remember major forces on the offensive & defensive side of the ball playing with BROKEN HANDS in a cast & still being very effective so this wrist thing is nothing more than a BS excuse !!

Man Up Mario for god sake your knocking down about a million a game so do what we brought you here to do & get rid of the friggin excuses !!!

Plus living in the shadow of Bruce Smith is a B word !!!!!! put up or shut up !!!

Please provide some evidence of these WARRRRIORS OF OLD playing with dismembered limbs.

Please provide some evidence of these WARRRRIORS OF OLD playing with dismembered limbs.

Sean Lee from the Cowboys plays a game agaisnt the Bills last year with a dislocated wrist and cast

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8240d7a4/article/cowboys-lee-will-play-with-cast-on-injured-right-wrist-vs-bills

Jack Youngblood broken leg

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d810a6bd4/Top-10-Gutsiest-Performances-Jack-Youngblood

Emmit Smith seperated shoulder

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/emmitt-smith/20100806-in-most-courageous-game-smith-overcame-injury-to-carry-cowboys.ece

Ronnie Lott amputates Finger to play

http://askville.amazon.com/true-Ronnie-Lott-part-finger-cut-NFL-game/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=65558937

Edited by plenzmd1

I find it funny Mario gets shiii for his wrist injury but the above mentioned Sean Lee is having surgery on a toe tomorrow and will miss the rest of the year...

not sure what difference a day or two makes for this kind of thing, but here we are wednesday of a bye week and he is considering it??? if he was going to do it during a bye week, why not do it monday. unless of course it is multi-week recovery or even season ending...

Jack Youngblood playing a Super Bowl with a leg broken in two places?

Darn, Papazoid beat me to it!

Edited by jjmac

not sure what difference a day or two makes for this kind of thing, but here we are wednesday of a bye week and he is considering it??? if he was going to do it during a bye week, why not do it monday. unless of course it is multi-week recovery or even season ending...

Or swelling had to go down?

Great job wedging in the gay jokes fellas. You'll all be writing for Leno someday im sure.

Anyways i'm one to cut Mario some slack here. None of us know how serious this apparent wrist injury is. I give him credit for attempting to play through it and contribute to the team that made him the highest paid defensive player in the league, despite the training camp injury. Obviously it's not working out, but give him some credit for not crying hurt when he obviously is.

Many of you gave Fitz credit for playing through his rib injury just last season.

Definitely funny stuff this morning... I needed the laughs!!!

The wrist is so serious that any video of his pushing off with it as if it was healthy is immaterial, huh? Sorry, I'm not buying this excuse. Smells like dung to me!

Edited by BmoreBills

Not sure who to blame on this one: was this a nagging injury from last season that our drs missed? Did he injure it opening game but we brushed it off? Is it so unbearable that he can't function at all or can he at least contribute on 3rd and long? Are the Bills doomed to lose every player other than the long snapper to injury?? Craziness.

Now our hard ass players like KW re gonna be looking at #94 funny..."a sore wrist? A sore wrist? C'Monn Mannn"

Didn't he say it was the last week of preseason?

Seriously ... is his absence going to create any kind of void in this defense? I was all about giving him the benefit of the doubt early on. DONE. The guy has had decent games against Cleveland and Tennessee. Whoa. Someone said (I forgot who, or I'd give credit) this is equivalent to the Mo Vaughn --> Mets deal. I'm ready to agree.

This guy hasn't wanted to play since he signed the contract. He has contributed absolutely nothing to the team and I am certain we would have won the games we've won, whether he was on the field, or not.

So go get your bogus surgery. Please come back ready to earn the money that you're making. I won't hold my breath.

And yes ... before someone posts something ... I was one of the people who desperately wanted the Bills to sign Mario. I don't blame his lack of wanting to play on Buddy Nix. Nix did a great thing by getting one of the most highly-coveted free agents to sign in Buffalo. He did his part. Mario isn't doing his.

Hopefully this bogus surgery fixes whatever is really wrong with him ... although I don't think surgery fixes lazy self-entitlement.

Go Bills!! (the ones who are actually trying to win games, that is)

Edited by gugny