Mario Williams considering wrist surgery (now confirmed)

buffalo1983

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mystery continues as to WTF is the problem. What kind of procedure would it be when he basically only misses one practice?

How do you define procedure? I can't imagine he had anything surgically done.....knowing the expectation is that he's back this week.

Lets' ASSUME for a minute that he has a serious injury (i.e. something structurally torn/damaged): I think the conversation would go something like this....

Doc: you probably need surgery...but you'll be out for a while.

Mario: any other options?

Doc: we could try a cortisone shot to reduce the inflammation in the joint/tendon etc. then surgery for definitive fix after the season.

Mario: will it work?

Doc: there's always a chance (the chances are better if there is nothing structurally wrong)

Mario: let's try that first.

So...he gets his procedure (cortisone shot) and he's back practicing in days. Obviously we don't know what is going on. I'm just pointing out one possible scenario where he could get a 'procedure' done and be back on the field very quickly.

How do you define procedure? I can't imagine he had anything surgically done.....knowing the expectation is that he's back this week.

Lets' ASSUME for a minute that he has a serious injury (i.e. something structurally torn/damaged): I think the conversation would go something like this....

Doc: you probably need surgery...but you'll be out for a while.

Mario: any other options?

Doc: we could try a cortisone shot to reduce the inflammation in the joint/tendon etc. then surgery for definitive fix after the season.

Mario: will it work?

Doc: there's always a chance (the chances are better if there is nothing structurally wrong)

Mario: let's try that first.

So...he gets his procedure (cortisone shot) and he's back practicing in days. Obviously we don't know what is going on. I'm just pointing out one possible scenario where he could get a 'procedure' done and be back on the field very quickly.

is it possible that although he might have had some light cutting and work done, they would be able to cast it and hed be structurally ok to play while it heals? something relatively non-invasive but a notch above a shot? participating in practice next week could be really low stress. hes still got a good 10 days til game time.

just curious.

is it possible that although he might have had some light cutting and work done, they would be able to cast it and hed be structurally ok to play while it heals? something relatively non-invasive but a notch above a shot? participating in practice next week could be really low stress. hes still got a good 10 days til game time.

just curious.

It's possible...especially if it was done via scopes and not a big incision. I'm clearly guessing to answer the 'procedure' question...and your scenario is plausible as well. I just hope 'it' works.

bulsht.

complaints about "political correctness" are just code for "i don't want to exercise respect for ________ and you can't make me."

i see that on this thread it's gays. next time it could be women, ethnic minorities, immigrants, foreigners, the disabled....i've pretty much seen it all here in 12 years.

i would like to seethe TBD bigots voice their prejudice to Gareth Thomas, who was/is a complete badass in a sport just as bloddy and brutal as football, and more of a man than most here will ever be:

Ohh, cry me a river... if you're that thin skinned then I feel sorry for you.

It's possible...especially if it was done via scopes and not a big incision. I'm clearly guessing to answer the 'procedure' question...and your scenario is plausible as well. I just hope 'it' works.

the idea of scopes and such is what was kind of bouncing around my head. maybe clean something up in there a little bit, hit a shot for swelling and then try to see if he can play any better. likely not a final solution if its a one week fix, but rarely do you get final solutions until the offseason.

who knows - without having any idea what the injury is.

I also hear he is considering Vagina Rejuvenation surgery..

I love all these posts calling him a wuss. The guy plays defensive line in the NFL. A position where he makes violent contact with 300lb+ men 50+ times a game while all you guys sit on your couch criticizing people who actually go out and lay it on the line. Yeah, he's the one with the gaping vagina. :rolleyes:

Edited by MDH

I love all these posts calling him a wuss. The guy plays defensive line in the NFL. A position where he makes violent contact with 300lb+ men 50+ times a game while all you guys sit on your couch criticizing people who actually go out and lay it on the line. Yeah, he's the one with the gaping vagina. :rolleyes:

bingo.....

If I pay a lot of money to watch someone who is giving NO EFFORT. I reserve the right to call him a big p**sy if I want. Someone who makes annoncements about his 'Little Tick" in his wrist and a 4th string RT 'slapping him in his face' is a BIG p**sy.

I Love my Bills. I am a die hard fan and I could accept not having talent and playing like ****. But Quitters and lack of effort? How would this fare in NE? in GB? Do you seriously wonder why we lose all the time?

The fact that you are ok with that. Shame on you.

Edited by develop818

If I pay a lot of money to watch someone who is giving NO EFFORT. I reserve the right to call him a big kitty if I want. Someone who makes annoncements about his 'Little Tick" in his wrist and a 4th string RT 'slapping him in his face' is a BIG kitty.

I Love my Bills. I am a die hard fan and I could accept not having talent and playing like ****. But Quitters and lack of effort?

Of course you do. I suggest you introduce yourself to him and tell him that.

You had me until you mentioned violent contact.... not much violence in the way he's been playing.

If I pay a lot of money to watch someone who is giving NO EFFORT. I reserve the right to call him a big p**sy if I want. Someone who makes annoncements about his 'Little Tick" in his wrist and a 4th string RT 'slapping him in his face' is a BIG p**sy.

I Love my Bills. I am a die hard fan and I could accept not having talent and playing like ****. But Quitters and lack of effort? How would this fare in NE? in GB? Do you seriously wonder why we lose all the time?

Have you ever sprained your wrist and tried to pick up even a 10 pound weight? IT sucks bad. I cant imagine trying to push over a 300 lb man. It cant be that bad though. Its only surgery.

Have you ever sprained your wrist and tried to pick up even a 10 pound weight? IT sucks bad. I cant imagine trying to push over a 300 lb man. It cant be that bad though. Its only surgery.

Oh God, was it the wrist against the Jets? Or was it Howard? Was the wrist suddenly fine against Massie? Come on bro, if you dont think EVERYONE in the locker room has things going on your kidding yourself. Kyle has sat out 3 days each of the last 2 weeks with an ankle. Is he crying? no hes producing.... When you come out and say you dont care what anyone thinks and your the last one in and the first one out.... I have my doubts...

Edited by develop818