ESPN: Mike Holmgren leaving Browns

Is this really a surprise? Put his house on the market at least a couple months ago. I don't want the guy in Buffalo. He's a jerk, really didn't do much for Cleveland. Colt McCoy was his baby, and I truly believe he made a mistake not giving Mangini one more year. Heckert is bringing the talent in, once Joe Banner of the Eagles gets installed things should really look up for the Browns (unless they sack Shurmer).

Edited by GaryPinC

holy god, a few years ago he became the so called "czar" of the organization. now he has to be considered one of the worst GMs in the league, he set them back five years: drafting mccoy, abandoning mccoy, then trading up to draft a 29 year old rooke QB. not to mentioning hiring Jauron, but i forgot, the Browns D is strong right; Jauron is the MVP of the team. spare me

it's safe to say the game has really passed him by. nobody should want him in Buffalo. he hasn't been successful in a decade.

it's safe to say the game has really passed him by. nobody should want him in Buffalo. he hasn't been successful in a decade.

I don't think this is right. Holmgren's never been good at personnel decisions. His talent is coaching, but his aspirations don't line up with his skills. He's like a great comedic actor who wants to be a leading man.

Holmgren will never get himself int another position like in Cle. A owner on the way out, selling the team and a new owner comes in and either he doesn't like the change, or the new owner doesn't like him. That's exactlybwhat he'd be getting himself into here.

If Buddy could talk him into being a HC I'd be ok with it, but chances are he wants more power. And honestly, even if he did agree to it, there would be too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. It's bad enough that Vhan now has to deal with approvals of Buddy, Littman, Brandon, Ralph and Whaley before he can make any changes.

holy god, a few years ago he became the so called "czar" of the organization. now he has to be considered one of the worst GMs in the league, he set them back five years: drafting mccoy, abandoning mccoy, then trading up to draft a 29 year old rooke QB. not to mentioning hiring Jauron, but i forgot, the Browns D is strong right; Jauron is the MVP of the team. spare me

The eagles need a new DC ;)

What does this say about making former great coaches into GMs? Between Marv and Holmgren, and even Parcells didnt have a great tenure at the Jets or Dolphins. Maybe it's not as easy as everyone thinks!

Anyone have any examples of a coach successfully making the transition?

Edited by DrDareustein

He took two different teams to the super bowl that way; Seahawks (maybe could have won if it weren't for officiating his team didn't choke (fixed), and the Packers of course).

The Seahawks muddled around .500 for years with Mike as GM/Head Coach. Once they took the GM job away from him they went to the SB. I'd take him as coach, but no way as GM.

NEWS BREAK .... There is a website that tracks small private jets, originations and destinations. Someone who viewed that website said there was a small private jet flying from Cleveland to Buffalo. It is being reported that a bloated man with red cheeks and cheesy moustache was seen boarding that plane. It is also being said that that person was not Santa Claus, rather, a prominent name from the football community.

The Seahawks muddled around .500 for years with Mike as GM/Head Coach. Once they took the GM job away from him they went to the SB. I'd take him as coach, but no way as GM.

Holmgren would want way more money then RW would be willing to spend.

If Wilson was willing to finally open his wallet to a head coach I'd hope it would be Bill Cowher, and not another pass happy fool. This is Buffalo GDI !! This town is desperate for a run first HC who will also build a top defense.

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

:flirt:

Let me get that for ya.

post-12191-0-03049800-1350421094_thumb.gif

So let me get this straight. He's not gonna hang around for a new owner and go to a team with an owner that is... well... you know.

NEWS BREAK .... There is a website that tracks small private jets, originations and destinations. Someone who viewed that website said there was a small private jet flying from Cleveland to Buffalo. It is being reported that a bloated man with red cheeks and cheesy moustache was seen boarding that plane. It is also being said that that person was not Santa Claus, rather, a prominent name from the football community.

Is Ralph even in Buffalo? At this point we could be watching Equilibrium and Father is not even real. If you get the reference.

Edited by The Wiz