Cuts starting to trickle in

Doc

So far have heard about Prince Miller and Jay Ross.

List is: LB Batten, WR Clowney, DE Ferguson, CB Miller, TE Onobun, DT Ross, WR Session, DB Sukay, OG Vermiglio. Roster now at 75.

Edited by Doc

Chris Brown

The Bills released nine players and placed Mike Causinn on Reserve/PUP to get down to the required 75 roster players by 4 pm Monday.

The players released were the following.

LB Danny Battenicon-article-link.gif

WR David Clowneyicon-article-link.gif

DE Sean Fergusonicon-article-link.gif

CB Prince Millericon-article-link.gif

TE Fendi Onobunicon-article-link.gif

DT Jay Rossicon-article-link.gif

WR Derek Sessionicon-article-link.gif

DB Nick Sukayicon-article-link.gif

OG Jake Vermiglioicon-article-link.gif

More to follow.

Edited by HOUSE

no surpises in first round...still some very tough decisions to come.......i hope dickerson survives but smith looks like a lock after last night and can't see mcintrye going due to special teams, going to be tough

Edited by d_wag

On the bills site it says easily is still eligible for practice squad. I bet he ends up there

I was thinking the same thing. The talent is there and he looked close last year. It's worth keeping him around to see if he's got what it takes but probably not on the active roster.

Is there any chance they keep a punter on a PS? I'm surprised they would keep two punters at this point. I have posted I thought Moorman would be the surprise cut of camp and I wonder if they have not made a choice yet. If they have not maybe they are holding onto Powell until the end so he doesn't get a chance to try out for other teams. Still seems crazy to have a punter on the PS and I doubt it will happen.

Not surprised to see Batten go. He had to show something to make a deep D Line like the one we have now and he didn't. Little surprised about Sukay, thought maybe because of the lack of depth at safety that he might stick around longer. I guess Nick Seanz surpassed him and there was no point in keeping him around.

Is there any chance they keep a punter on a PS? I'm surprised they would keep two punters at this point. I have posted I thought Moorman would be the surprise cut of camp and I wonder if they have not made a choice yet. If they have not maybe they are holding onto Powell until the end so he doesn't get a chance to try out for other teams. Still seems crazy to have a punter on the PS and I doubt it will happen.

Eh I doubt it. Its not like powell is going to be swooped up. Im sure he will be there next offseason

It's not that crazy. It's still like the 60th best player so odds are its not between him and a future all pro. Additionally, with moorman getting up there, a few less kicks in practice might help save his leg - if they go that way.

I think with McKelvin's play and the fact McGee is starting to get healthy, they only keep 3 true safeties - Wilson, Byrd, and Searcy - and 6 CB's - Gilmore, Williams, Brooks, McGee, Rogers, and McKelvin. Scott is the third option at SS and A. Williams is the third option at FS with Wilson mocing to FS and Searcy starting at SS if something happens to Byrd. That frees up an extra spot for 3 kickers or an extra offensive lineman.

I think with McKelvin's play and the fact McGee is starting to get healthy, they only keep 3 true safeties - Wilson, Byrd, and Searcy - and 6 CB's - Gilmore, Williams, Brooks, McGee, Rogers, and McKelvin. Scott is the third option at SS and A. Williams is the third option at FS with Wilson mocing to FS and Searcy starting at SS if something happens to Byrd. That frees up an extra spot for 3 kickers or an extra offensive lineman.

you haven´t see Delano Howell in preseason

I am surprised about Danny Batten, but oh well......

I'm not considering how late he was playing but I hope catches on to a 34 as he was very miscast as a 43 OLB.

No receivers should be cut. I'm sure you could trade them to the dolphins for something :devil::lol:

Maybe a second round pick :D

is this serious? i'll take that bet

lindell just got a rich new deal and moorman has had his best camp in ages

Agreed

Moorman is going nowhere and Potter isn't accurate yet.