53 man roster

Morrison back to his real position/43defense, right? If so, not only will he be safe but I fully expect him to log 80+ tackles in a starting role. He's ready to go this year and'll be a surprise for us. (especially @TBD apparently)

Why do peeps not like him so much? Is it because everyone's in love with Favre-crushing Moats, and he's competing for a valuable roster spot? Are we relegating him to a backup role?

Help me out on this one, guys...

Albeit in limited action last year, Morrison looked slow, lost, and old.

I am hoping that was due to playing out of position and being injured--but it didn't inspire confidence.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith VY to # 2. Don't see a need for Brad Smith as VY can run the wild cat, probably better

RB (4): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White, Tashard Choice Based on Camp, it'll be Choice, based on the game, then White. We'll keep 4 RB's, but one of them will be McIntyre

FB (1): Corey McIntyre

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan, Marcus Easley Not looking good for him...losing reps to Martin and Clowney...Martin may get the nod because of his ST prowess

TE (2): Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin->on the bubble with Dickerson

OT (4): Chris Hairston, Erik Pears, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik, Mark Asper

OC (2): Eric Wood, Colin Brown

DE (5): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Robert Eddins I'd throw Kyle Moore in the Mix here as well..I think he battles Eddins, or they both go and we keep a 5th DT

DT (4): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Kellen Heard This spot will go to Spencer Johnson or Dwan Edwards unless TT shows up and impresses

OLB (5): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham, Bryan Scott, Arthur Moats

ILB (2): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder

CB (5): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Ron Brooks, Justin Rogers They'll keep McKelvin in a contract year to get the most out of him

S (3): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy

--

ST (3): Rian Lindell, Brian Moorman, Garrison Sanborn Potter will make it, TB's are to valuable these days

*A couple variables - With Potter kicking off, there will need to be a cut made elsewhere; Dorrin Dickerson's H-Back style has seemed to impress, so with that versatility, does it spell E N D for C McIntyre?; The need for a 4th safety lends to the possibility of only keeping 4 OLB's...go with youth and Morrison may be SOL as Scott has proved he can be successful on this team.

sanborn gets cut to make room for Potter, brad smith is long snapper because he can do everything.

qb - fitz young & smith

wr - johnson, jones, nelson, graham, hagan

te - chandler, smith

ot - pears, glenn, hairston, young, sanders

og - levitre, urbik, rhinehart

oc - wood, brown

rb - jackson, spiller, white

fb - mcintyre

de - kelsay, williams, merriman, anderson, moore

dt - dareus, williams, johnson, edwards (or carrington but not both, edwards is $$ casualty)

lb - moats, barnett, shephard, carder, mckillop, bradham, scott

cb - williams, gilmore, mckelvin, brooks, rogers, mcgee

s -- byrd, wilson, searcy, +1 pick up

k - lindell, potter

p - moorman

some pretty decent players will be getting cut. on past teams, these guys would be our #1's and some have been. on paper, it really looks like we finally have some guys that can play. not much of a drop off from 1st team to 2nd team guys too. hopefully things will click a bit better on offense tomorrow. we need a few good plays to start building some confidence imo

Albeit in limited action last year, Morrison looked slow, lost, and old.

I am hoping that was due to playing out of position and being injured--but it didn't inspire confidence.

Good recap. Morrison has looked slow and old for quite awhile now. You can definitely see that he's on the downside of his career.

Can anyone clear something up for me regarding RB...

What happened last year with Choice coming in and getting the nod over White? Was White hurt, or was Choice simply the better of the 2..? I think this will weigh heavily on the decision of who to keep.

Also, any reports on Dickerson? Last I heard, durring OTA's was that he was looking good. As I said b4, with his versatility and the H-Back style, could this mean the end of C Mac's stay in Buffalo?

My 53 man roster

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick,Vince Young, Brad Smith

RB (3): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White

WR (5): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan,Marcus Easley

TE (2): Scott Chandler, Lee smith, Dorin Dickson

OT (5): Chris Hairston, Erik Pears, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders, Sam Young

OG (3): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik

DE (4): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay

DT (4): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Troup, Johnson, Kellen Heard

OLB (4): Nick Barnett, , Nigel Bradham, Bryan Scott, Arthur Moats

ILB (3): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder, McKillop

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Leodis, Ron Brooks, Justin Rogers, Prince Miller

S (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy, Josh Nesbitt

--

ST (4): Rian Lindell, Brian Moorman, Garrison Sanborn, Potter

Edited by Pete

Pete, I think your offense and ST are spot on...but we really disagree on defense.

DT -- Edwards and Johnson are staying, Troup is history, and probably Heard also.

DE -- Moore is making a push to be #5...they may keep him as insurance against Merriman

DB -- Miller? Nope. And Nesbitt hasn't proven anything either.

Pete, I think your offense and ST are spot on...but we really disagree on defense.

DT -- Edwards and Johnson are staying, Troup is history, and probably Heard also.

DE -- Moore is making a push to be #5...they may keep him as insurance against Merriman

DB -- Miller? Nope. And Nesbitt hasn't proven anything either.

Thanks. IMO-

Young immediately gets on field with Wildcat formations, same as Smith. Both add versatility and flexibility to offense.

White over Choice for special teams play

Possible we keep 6 WRs- then add either Easley or Roosevelt.

5 Tackles add depth, and we can slide inside if need be.

Dickson adds depth and versatility. Heck, maybe we even see Nesbitt in Wildcat.

Troup is a solid player with a few bad breaks. Add him and heard to DL rotation and wear down opposing lines.

McKillop and Carder make too many plays and must remain on roster.

Miller is my sleeper pick for roster. You can never have too many CBs, especially in todays NFL game.

Nesbitt is a lock to make team and we need 4 safeties. Damn, did I forget about Scott? He makes team and we cut one more

My 53 man roster

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick,Vince Young, Brad Smith

RB (3): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White

WR (5): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan,Marcus Easley

TE (2): Scott Chandler, Lee smith, Dorin Dickson

OT (5): Chris Hairston, Erik Pears, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders, Sam Young

OG (3): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik

DE (4): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay

DT (4): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Troup, Johnson, Kellen Heard

OLB (4): Nick Barnett, , Nigel Bradham, Bryan Scott, Arthur Moats

ILB (3): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder, McKillop

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Leodis, Ron Brooks, Justin Rogers, Prince Miller

S (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy, Josh Nesbitt

--

ST (4): Rian Lindell, Brian Moorman, Garrison Sanborn, Potter

Love the offense, but could see Martin sticking around for ST duties taking Dickinson's spot in the process.

I see Sanders getting sent to the practice squad opening up a spot--perhaps on D.

We differ on D. Can't see both Edwards and Johnson not making it. Troup may be a goner and Heard has been hurt so he's probably up in the air as well.

Thanks. IMO-

Young immediately gets on field with Wildcat formations, same as Smith. Both add versatility and flexibility to offense.

White over Choice for special teams play

Possible we keep 6 WRs- then add either Easley or Roosevelt.

5 Tackles add depth, and we can slide inside if need be.

Dickson adds depth and versatility. Heck, maybe we even see Nesbitt in Wildcat.

Troup is a solid player with a few bad breaks. Add him and heard to DL rotation and wear down opposing lines.

McKillop and Carder make too many plays and must remain on roster.

Miller is my sleeper pick for roster. You can never have too many CBs, especially in todays NFL game.

Nesbitt is a lock to make team and we need 4 safeties. Damn, did I forget about Scott? He makes team and we cut one more

He is hurting and would be ineffective and broke down by mid season. No reason to keep him as he does not stand out from the crowd.

Longtime reader, first time poster, here is my 53 Man Roster

QB (3)- Fitzpatrick, Young, Smith

HB (3)- Jackson, Spiller, Choice

FB (2)- McIntyre, Dickerson

WR (6)- Johnson, Jones, Nelson, Graham, Hagan, Martin

TE (2)- Chandler, Smith

Total 16

OT (4)- Glenn, Pears, Hairston, Sanders

OG (3)- Levitre, Urbik, Rinehart

C (2)- Wood, Asper

Total 09

DE (4)- Williams, Anderson, Kelsay, Merriman

DT (4)- Williams, Dareus, Edwards, Johnson

MLB (3)- Sheppard, Carder, McKillop

OLB (4)- Barnett, Moats, Bradham, Scott

CB (6)- Gilmore, Williams, McKelvin, McGee, Brooks, Rogers

S (3)- Wilson, Byrd, Searcy

Total 24

K (2)- Lindell, Potter

P (1)- Moorman

LS (1)- Sanborn

Total 04

Notable Cuts and Commentary

QB- If Thigpen and Young are equally as bad, edge should go to the QB that’s still learning the system and can at least run.

WR- Easley, Roosevelt. I’d love to see Easley come on, but right now I think Ruvall Martin takes his spot bc of S/Ts.

TE- Smith makes it because of his blocking ability; I think Onobun ends up on PS.

C- A lot of people left Asper off their lists, but I think he makes it. They drafted him bc they wanted a fulltime center.

DL- Troup, Heard, Carrington. These players were drafted to fit a 3-4; there’s no room for them on this roster in this scheme.

LB- Batten. The man without a position can’t find a team either.

S- I think they ride with 3 safeties because Scott can play back in a pinch and no one has really separated themselves.

ST- I think both Potter and Sanborn make it; the Bills have shown Specials Teams is a priority for them.

I dont like choice or white. They both suck to me. To me they just run up the middle or up the field and make no attempt to break tackles. Like 2-3 yards is ok for them.

Like any other rb, if the line opens up a giant hole for you, then they are fine. But I need versatile and shifty rbs. Like Fred and Spiller. White and choice are barely ok rbs. We need new rbs to look at. Pick the cut players or waiver wire. Something. I'm just not impressed by either one Dammit!!!!

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

TE (2)- Chandler, Smith

Total 16

C (2)- Wood, Asper

Total 09

Total 24

K (2)- Lindell, Potter

P (1)- Moorman

LS (1)- Sanborn

Total 04

QB- If Thigpen and Young are equally as bad, edge should go to the QB that’s still learning the system and can at least run.

WR- Easley, Roosevelt. I’d love to see Easley come on, but right now I think Ruvall Martin takes his spot bc of S/Ts.

TE- Smith makes it because of his blocking ability; I think Onobun ends up on PS.

C- A lot of people left Asper off their lists, but I think he makes it. They drafted him bc they wanted a fulltime center.

DL- Troup, Heard, Carrington. These players were drafted to fit a 3-4; there’s no room for them on this roster in this scheme.

S- I think they ride with 3 safeties because Scott can play back in a pinch and no one has really separated themselves.

ST- I think both Potter and Sanborn make it; the Bills have shown Specials Teams is a priority for them.

Welcome to (posting on) the board! I really like your roster. You show many of the guys I see making the team that aren't on other people's lists including Young, Edwards, Johnson, McKillop, McGee and Potter.

I'm not convinced of is Ruvell Martin. I like Roosevelt better, but I think Martin has been stronger in camp from the reports I've read. I suspect they go with 5 WRs unless someone really shines.

It could be Sam Young over Sanders. And, I think Asper goes to the PS, yes risking losing our 6th round pick. I just don't think he's ready to play, for any team. If he keeps up the good play I can see Prince Miller taking a spot, or at least going to the PS, where he was last year I believe. I could see him sticking, but getting released and moved to the PS once (if) McGee heals.

It goes without saying that this is worth virtually nothing at this point; the draft's not even over. But I needed to sort through all our talent mentally, and writing out was the easiest way to do it.

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

RB (4): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White, Tashard Choice

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan, Marcus Easley

TE (2): Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin

OT (4): Chris Hairston, Erik Pears, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik, Mark Asper

--

DE (5): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Robert Eddins

DT (4): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Kellen Heard

OLB (5): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham, Bryan Scott, Arthur Moats

ILB (2): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder

CB (5): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Ron Brooks, Justin Rogers

S (3): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy

--

ST (3): Rian Lindell, Brian Moorman, Garrison Sanborn

Notable Cuts: Danny Batten, Leodis McKelvin, Spencer Johnson, Alex Carrington, Dwan Edwards.

----------------------

Somewhat optimistically, this has the first six rounds of draft picks make the team. For the 7th round, UDFAs, and future UFAs and other teams' cuts, I think the biggest opportunities are for a fourth safety (currently unfilled since Scott can play both positions), DL depth (although I think we're likely to shed a lot of veteran this summer, like Edwards, Carrington, Johnson), ILB, and potentially, TE.

EDIT: Since this post was still on the first page when Florence got cut, I feel entitled to edit to reflect. But I'm disclosing here that I had Florence in and Moats out.

I keep looking at this team and I can't help but be excited about the season. We are going to have to cut some really decent talent to make the 53.

So, with one preseason game in the books and the team coming back to THE RALPH ... here's my current roster:

QUARTERBACKS (3) - Fitz, Young, and Smith (We are definitely going into the season with 3 QB's and having Smith not count against the game day roster is a plus and there's no doubt he is in Gailey's plans based on the last practices in Rochester and his comments since we signed Smith last year. It does not matter that Young could run a Wild Cat hybrid, Gailey is building our Wild Cat around Smith.).

RUNNING BACKS (4) - Freddie, CJ, Choice and Mac (His special teams skills are needed plus it seems that he has been worked more into the passing game this summer.).

WIDE RECEIVERS (6) - Stevie, Jones, Nelson, Graham, Hagan, and *Martin (The Martin spot is up for grabs with Martin winning because of his special teams' ability but with Potter making my team it is possible that Martin will be cut to open up a spot for Roosevelt who catches everything and can return punts or Clowney who might surprise. Sadly (I was a big hopeful fan) Easely is not showing enough in camp to merit bumping one of these other guys. It is also possible the Bills might go with 5 wide receivers since Smith and Spiller both can be spread out.).

TIGHT ENDS (3) - Chandler, Smith, and Dickerson (Smith is the classic blocking tight end for double tight end formations. Caussin is going to end up IR or an injury release because his time missed is almost too great now for him to compete. The mystery is Dickerson and right now I think he makes the team.).

OFFENSIVE LINE (8) - Glenn, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Pears, Harriston, Rinehart, and Asper (Asper is not having a great camp but we need someone else who can rotate between guard and center. Young looked decent at tackle but I am not sure if he can play guard. Zebrie has potential but I think he goes to the PS.)

DEFENSIVE ENDS (4) - Williams, Anderson, Kelsay, and Merriman (All depends on the coaching staff's evaluation of Merriman's health. We might hold on to a Kyle Moore or Robert Eddins if Merriman is iffy but then again Dwan Edwards can shift over to the DE spot too.).

DEFENSIVE TACKLES (4) - Dareus, Williams, Johnson, and Edwards (Carrington has a slim shot and Troup might go IR one more year. Heard has lost too much time due to minor nicks and I can't see him making it unless he really shines between now and opening day.).

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS (4) - Moats, Barnett, Bradham, and Scott (Morrison is popular with the coaching staff but so far in camp he really seems to be always a step behind.).

MIDDLE LINEBACKERS (3) - Sheppard, McKillop, and Carder (This creates flexibility for the Outside too with McKillop and Carder).

CORNERBACKS (6) - Williams, Gilmore, Brooks, McGee, Rogers, and McKelvin (Why have we not heard what Rogers' injury is? Can McGee really play any more? This position has so many maybes. Prince Miller looked good and I am not sure if they are looking at Green as a safety or a corner but in game one against the scrubs he impressed. If Rogers and McGee are both healthy I can see us trying to move McKelvin so we could keep Miller/Green. Every preseason it seems that teams lose starting cornerbacks so maybe a 5th pick and we say goodbye to McKelvin because he'll be gone next season any how.).

SAFETIES (4) - Byrd, Wilson, Searcy, and Nesbitt (See comments about Green above.)

SPECIAL TEAMS (4) - Moorman, Lindell, Potter, and Sanborn (We HAVE TO keep Potter, he is a game changer but Lindell is still a keeper too.)

As of today, I would project the following Bills roster for the start of the 2012/2013 season:

QB: Fitzpatrick/V. Young/B. Smith

RB: Jackson/Spiller/Choice

FB: McIntyre

TE: Chandler/L. Smith

WR: St. Johnson/Nelson/Jones/Graham/Hagan

OL: Glenn/Levitre/Wood/Urbik/Pears/Hairston/Rinehart/S. Young/Sanders

K: Lindell/Potter

P: Moorman

LS: Sanborn

DE: M. Williams/Anderson/Merriman/Kelsay

DT: K. Williams/Dareus/Edwards/Sp. Johnson/Carrington

OLB: Barnett/Moats/Morrison/Bradham/Scott

MLB: Sheppard/McKillop/Carder

CB: Gilmore/A. Williams/McKelvin/Brooks/Rogers/McGee

S: Wilson/Byrd/Searcy (Scott)

The guys that I'm not so sure about and who were added last include: TE L. Smith/RB T. Choice/DT Carrington/OT S. Young/OT Sanders. These guys are definitely not safe yet.

Other players who could take their place include: RB J. White/TE D. Dickerson/WR M. Easley/OC C. Brown/DT Heard/WR R. Martin/FA WR/FA TE/FA OT.

Basically it's those ten players plus three potential late FA signings fighting for the last five spots on the final 53 man roster.

I think the Bills WILL look to sign a FA or two or three (like they did with LB Barnett last year) to improve their roster once final cuts are made by all teams.

How do you feel about this roster?? Can we knock off NE with these guys??

As of today, I would project the following Bills roster for the start of the 2012/2013 season:

QB: Fitzpatrick/V. Young/B. Smith

RB: Jackson/Spiller/Choice

FB: McIntyre

TE: Chandler/L. Smith

WR: St. Johnson/Nelson/Jones/Graham/Hagan

OL: Glenn/Levitre/Wood/Urbik/Pears/Hairston/Rinehart/S. Young/Sanders

K: Lindell/Potter

P: Moorman

LS: Sanborn

DE: M. Williams/Anderson/Merriman/Kelsay

DT: K. Williams/Dareus/Edwards/Sp. Johnson/Carrington

OLB: Barnett/Moats/Morrison/Bradham/Scott

MLB: Sheppard/McKillop/Carder

CB: Gilmore/A. Williams/McKelvin/Brooks/Rogers/McGee

S: Wilson/Byrd/Searcy (Scott)

The guys that I'm not so sure about and who were added last include: TE L. Smith/RB T. Choice/DT Carrington/OT S. Young/OT Sanders. These guys are definitely not safe yet.

Other players who could take their place include: RB J. White/TE D. Dickerson/WR M. Easley/OC C. Brown/DT Heard/WR R. Martin/FA WR/FA TE/FA OT.

Basically it's those ten players plus three potential late FA signings fighting for the last five spots on the final 53 man roster.

I think the Bills WILL look to sign a FA or two or three (like they did with LB Barnett last year) to improve their roster once final cuts are made by all teams.

How do you feel about this roster?? Can we knock off NE with these guys??

I think it looks good however, are we thinking that we will only have 5 WR's on the roster? I guess Brad Smith could be the 6th receiver if necessary but I could see us having one more wide receiver.

B. Smith can play WR so that gives us six. Plus Spiller can also play in the slot and Chandler gives us yet another pass catcher. Easley just hasn't done enough yet. he has to do more to make the team I think.

Do you take a 6th WR over Carrington, who is very young and can play both DE and DT??

Sanders and S. Young could battle it out for the 8th OL spot or the Bills may keep both guys. Right now Sanders has a lot to prove.

Has Dickerson done enough to make the roster?? Not yet he hasn't. You can tell what the Bills really think by how they play these guys in preseason. if the no name guys like Dickerson don't get much playing time, don't get the chance to play with the 2s or enter the game after guys like L. Smith, Onubun, Caussin, and others then I'd say they're in trouble.

not sure about mcgee... need to see him in game 3 or 4...

I'm almost sure he WON'T make the team.

Did they not have 3 TE's last year?

Sanders could wind up on the P/S.

We are hurting at Safety with only 3 - as Nix already pointed out at the start of camp.

we can always move Scott back temporarily, if needed Bob, while keeping him listed as a LB. I dont think we are "hurting" by any means at safeties. I think it's one of the strongest groups.

McGee will probably make the team if he continues his slow progress, but as i mentined we better have a back up plan.

I posted this in the other thread, but since there's a new one I figured I'd post it here:

TE (2)- Chandler, Smith

Total 16

C (2)- Wood, Asper

Total 09

Total 24

K (2)- Lindell, Potter

P (1)- Moorman

LS (1)- Sanborn

Total 04

WR- Easley, Roosevelt. I’d love to see Easley come on late, but right now I think Ruvall Martin takes his spot due to S/Ts.

C- A lot of people left Asper off their lists, but I think he makes it. They drafted him for a reason (see also Potter)

DL- Troup, Heard, Carrington. These players drafted to fit a 3-4; there’s no room for them on this roster in this scheme.

I keep looking at this team and I can't help but be excited about the season.  We are going to have to cut some really decent talent to make the 53.

So, with one preseason game in the books and the team coming back to THE RALPH ... here's my current roster:

QUARTERBACKS (3) - Fitz, Young, and Smith (We are definitely going into the season with 3 QB's and having Smith not count against the game day roster is a plus and there's no doubt he is in Gailey's plans based on the last practices in Rochester and his comments since we signed Smith last year.  It does not matter that Young could run a Wild Cat hybrid, Gailey is building our Wild Cat around Smith.).

RUNNING BACKS (4) - Freddie, CJ, Choice and Mac (His special teams skills are needed plus it seems that he has been worked more into the passing game this summer.).

WIDE RECEIVERS (6) - Stevie, Jones, Nelson, Graham, Hagan, and *Martin (The Martin spot is up for grabs with Martin winning because of his special teams' ability but with Potter making my team it is possible that Martin will be cut to open up a spot for Roosevelt who catches everything and can return punts or Clowney who might surprise.  Sadly (I was a big hopeful fan) Easely is not showing enough in camp to merit bumping one of these other guys.  It is also possible the Bills might go with 5 wide receivers since Smith and Spiller both can be spread out.).

TIGHT ENDS (3) - Chandler, Smith, and Dickerson (Smith is the classic blocking tight end for double tight end formations.  Caussin is going to end up IR or an injury release because his time missed is almost too great now for him to compete.  The mystery is Dickerson and right now I think he makes the team.).

OFFENSIVE LINE (8) - Glenn, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Pears, Harriston, Rinehart, and Asper (Asper is not having a great camp but we need someone else who can rotate between guard and center.  Young looked decent at tackle but I am not sure if he can play guard.  Zebrie has potential but I think he goes to the PS.)

DEFENSIVE ENDS (4) - Williams, Anderson, Kelsay, and Merriman (All depends on the coaching staff's evaluation of Merriman's health.  We might hold on to a Kyle Moore or Robert Eddins if Merriman is iffy but then again Dwan Edwards can shift over to the DE spot too.).

DEFENSIVE TACKLES (4) - Dareus, Williams, Johnson, and Edwards (Carrington has a slim shot and Troup might go IR one more year.  Heard has lost too much time due to minor nicks and I can't see him making it unless he really shines between now and opening day.).

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS (4) - Moats, Barnett, Bradham, and Scott (Morrison is popular with the coaching staff but so far in camp he really seems to be always a step behind.).

MIDDLE LINEBACKERS (3) - Sheppard, McKillop, and Carder (This creates flexibility for the Outside too with McKillop and Carder).

CORNERBACKS (6) - Williams, Gilmore, Brooks, McGee, Rogers, and McKelvin (Why have we not heard what Rogers' injury is?  Can McGee really play any more?  This position has so many maybes.  Prince Miller looked good and I am not sure if they are looking at Green as a safety or a corner but in game one against the scrubs he impressed.  If Rogers and McGee are both healthy I can see us trying to move McKelvin so we could keep Miller/Green.  Every preseason it seems that teams lose starting cornerbacks so maybe a 5th pick and we say goodbye to McKelvin because he'll be gone next season any how.).

SAFETIES (4) - Byrd, Wilson, Searcy, and Nesbitt (See comments about Green above.)

SPECIAL TEAMS (4) - Moorman, Lindell, Potter, and Sanborn (We HAVE TO keep Potter, he is a game changer but Lindell is still a keeper too.) 

I am not convinced that the Bills are going to keep both Potter and Lindell. Potter has been very accurate with his FGs during camp and if we start seeing him hitting field goals during the preseason games I think that there's a chance that Lindell could be gone.

Edited by vincec

I guess I've waited long enough, so here goes nothin'!

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Vince Young

Brad Smith

RB: Fred Jackson

CJ Spiller

Tashard Choice

FB: Corey McIntyre

Dorin Dickerson

TE: Scott Chandler

Lee Smith

WR: Steve Johnson

TJ Graham

David Nelson

Donald Jones

Marcus Easley

OT: Cordy Glenn

Chris Hairston

Erik Pears

Zebrie Sanders

OG: Andy Levitre

Kraig Urbik

Chad Rinehart

C: Eric Wood

Colin Brown

DE: Mario Williams

Mark Anderson

Shawne Merriman

Chris Kelsay

DT: Marcell Dareus

Kyle Williams

Dwan Edwards

Spencer Johnson

Alex Carrington

LB: Kelvin Sheppard

Nick Barnett

Arthur Moats

Kirk Morrison

Nigel Bradham

Bryan Scott

Tank Carder

CB: Stephon Gilmore

Aaron Williams

Leodis McKelvin

Ron Brooks

Justin Rogers

Terrence McGee*

S: George Wilson

Jairus Byrd

Da’Norris Searcy

ST: Rian Lindell

John Potter

Brian Moorman

Garrison Sanborn

*McGee is the wild card here. I think if he is headed to the IR or cutsville, he might just retire.

It gets really interesting if McGee doesn't make it. I could see Troup, McKillop, Hagan, or a FS not already on the team taking that spot. I don't think any of the safeties currently on the roster make it over any of these previously mentioned players. I know what Nix said, but I think he meant exactly what he said: they'd like to add a fourth safety, not that they are going to add a fourth safety just to add a fourth safety.

So those are the guys on the outside looking in, IMO (Troup, McKillop, Hagan and [unsigned safety]).

The guys on the inside looking out would be: McIntyre, Carrington, Carder, and Easley.

I currently have him making the team, but the shocker cut could be Donald Jones. If both Easley and Hagan pick it up between now and final cuts, DoJo could be looking for a job elsewhere. I don't see that happening at all, but I had to put something controversial :nana:

Not saying that I can predict the roster but interesting on who could get cut. Starting with the depth chart as of today, cuts in Red.

Offence 24 make the roster

POS First Second Third Other

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Tyler Thigpen Vince Young Brad Smith

RB Fred Jackson C.J. Spiller Tashard Choice Johnny White Zach Brown

FB Corey McIntyre Dorin Dickerson

WR Stevie Johnson Derek Hagan Ruvell Martin Naaman Roosevelt

Kamar Aiken

Derek Session

LT Chris Hairston Cordy Glenn James Carmon

LG Andy Levitre Keith Williams David Snow

C Eric Wood Colin Brown Mark Asper

RG Kraig Urbik Chad Rinehart Jake Vermiglio

RT Erik Pears Sam Young Zebrie Sanders

TE Scott Chandler Lee Smith Kevin Brock Fendi Onobun

Mike Caussin

WR Donald Jones David Nelson T.J. Graham Marcus Easley

David Clowney

Defense 25 make the roster

DE Mario Williams Shawne Merriman Robert Eddins Sean Ferguson

DT Marcell Dareus Spencer Johnson Alex Carrington Jarron Gilbert

DT Kyle Williams Dwan Edwards Kellen Heard Torell Troup

DE Mark Anderson Chris Kelsay Kyle Moore Jay Ross

OLB Arthur Moats Kirk Morrison Chris White Danny Batten

MLB Kelvin Sheppard Scott McKillop Tank Carder

OLB Nick Barnett Bryan Scott Nigel Bradham

CB Aaron Williams Leodis McKelvin Prince Miller Cris Hill

CB Stephon Gilmore Terrence McGee Justin Rogers Ron Brooks

FS Jairus Byrd Joshua Nesbitt Nick Saenz Delano Howell

SS George Wilson Da'Norris Searcy Nick Sukay Isaiah Green

Special teams 4 make the roster

K Rian Lindell John Potter

P Brian Moorman

LS Garrison Sanborn

Edited by artmalibu

I agree pretty much except for the following players you listed as cuts that I think will either be on the team or at least PS.

Zebrie Sanders

Nigel Bradham

I wish they would cut Troup but think they will keep him on IR this season

CBF

I don't think Bradham will be cut, but to me Sanders is gone and could be added practice squad (maybe). I was at training camp over a week ago and Sanders looked awful. Only 7 OL could be an issue too...

Would like to see artmalibu edit this post now that Merriman is gone.

Done Merriman out and Carrington in.

Offence 24 make the roster

POS First Second Third Other

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Tyler Thigpen Vince Young Brad Smith

RB Fred Jackson C.J. Spiller Tashard Choice Johnny White Zach Brown

FB Corey McIntyre Dorin Dickerson

WR Stevie Johnson Derek Hagan Ruvell Martin Naaman Roosevelt

Kamar Aiken

Derek Session

LT Chris Hairston Cordy Glenn James Carmon

LG Andy Levitre Keith Williams David Snow

C Eric Wood Colin Brown Mark Asper

RG Kraig Urbik Chad Rinehart Jake Vermiglio

RT Erik Pears Sam Young Zebrie Sanders

TE Scott Chandler Lee Smith Kevin Brock Fendi Onobun

Mike Caussin

WR Donald Jones David Nelson T.J. Graham Marcus Easley

David Clowney

Defense 25 make the roster

DE Mario Williams Shawne Merriman Robert Eddins Sean Ferguson

DT Marcell Dareus Spencer Johnson Alex Carrington Jarron Gilbert

DT Kyle Williams Dwan Edwards Kellen Heard Torell Troup

DE Mark Anderson Chris Kelsay Kyle Moore Jay Ross

OLB Arthur Moats Kirk Morrison Chris White Danny Batten

MLB Kelvin Sheppard Scott McKillop Tank Carder

OLB Nick Barnett Bryan Scott Nigel Bradham

CB Aaron Williams Leodis McKelvin Prince Miller Cris Hill

CB Stephon Gilmore Terrence McGee Justin Rogers Ron Brooks

FS Jairus Byrd Joshua Nesbitt Nick Saenz Delano Howell

SS George Wilson Da'Norris Searcy Nick Sukay Isaiah Green

Special teams 4 make the roster

K Rian Lindell John Potter

P Brian Moorman

LS Garrison Sanborn

Again I dont think that I have special knowledge on the roster cuts, but a lot of players wont be with the team in a few weeks.

You are heavy on the receivers (figure 5) 6 max (with #6 being Ruvell Martin if they keep 6), Roosevelt Gone. Very light on the Line, figure Brown and Young the additions. They will only carry 2 TEs - Chandler and Smith. Defensively I still don't understand why people keep writing off Dwan Edwards - he will make the team over Heard. One of Dickerson/Heard/Carrington will be kept... all depends on the direction Gailey wants to go. McGee makes it over Carder (who will be PS).

Edited by Coach55