53 man roster

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not think Terrance will be there on Opening day. When you look at the Bills letting Bell walk ostensively cause of injury history, I think you have to look at McGee and say if others step up in preseason he would be the one to go. Love the guy, but. I think his run is over

I really do not think Terrance will be there on Opening day. When you look at the Bills letting Bell walk ostensively cause of injury history, I think you have to look at McGee and say if others step up in preseason he would be the one to go. Love the guy, but. I think his run is over

if mcgee was going to be cut it would have been before he restructured his deal in feb......with the new deal, he took major salary cuts and is now being paid like a nickelback, not a starting corner........his roster spot is secure

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1161016&nid=5860637&fhn=1

florence may face a similar choice now

I think it would be a huge mistake to cut Alex Carrington. I also think it would be a mistake to cut Danny Batten. That's right, I said it. I think he's shown steady improvement in two seasons and will continue to get better. Honestly, I'd rather lose Merriman.

Anyone who thinks Florence gets cut this year is completely insane. Won't happen. And for good reason.

I don't know, Rubes. Maybe I'm insane. Florence is 31, his production is declining, and we just drafted two CBs. Maybe he won't be cut, But I'll bet he doesn't start.

No way McKelvin gets cut....traded maybe, but not cut....Bleacher had him as the 40th CB in the league...that would be top half of second CB group.

Dude...just sayin'...Bleacher also has us getting a C- for this draft, but the Jets get an A? Pats get a C and Dolphins a D? Which Jets fanboi wrote that article?

Bleacher can be fun...but it's not useful for analysis.

Anyone who thinks Florence gets cut this year is completely insane. Won't happen. And for good reason.

I am not insane. However, I do think that if it comes down to Florence or McGee, it's Florence. Based on last year, I think Florence is the least likely to stay, for good reason, and I can make a strong argument.

The important thing is: we don't agree, which makes me :) The last thing I want is knowing who all our starters are going to be on a team like this, and have it be obvious to everyone. That's what we used to have = so many holes that you take comfort in knowing at least who some of the starters will be, and worry like hell about the rest. That's not this team.

There is going to be one hell of a competition at a lot of positions....which is a very good thing. Hopefully Florence, and all of them, realize this.

I want to be wrong, about a lot of players. I want them to come to camp and prove me wrong, consistently. This is a rare instance where I'd much rather be wrong, a lot, than right. :D

No way McKelvin gets cut....traded maybe, but not cut....Bleacher had him as the 40th CB in the league...that would be top half of second CB group.

No kidding. I wouldn't want to cut the guy ranked #40 by a cross-section of the nation's leading basement-couch tenants. Bleacher Report's competitive salaries are known to retain plenty of people who would otherwise be collecting paychecks as NFL scouts.

Made a few changes

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Colt McCoy, Brad Smith

RB (3): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Tashard Choice

FB (0): no fullback

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan, Marcus Easley

TE (3): Scott Chandler, FENDI ONOBUN, KEVIN BROCK,

OT (4): Chris Hairston, Erik Pears, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Kraig Urbik, Michael Jasper, CHAD RINEHART

OC (2): Eric Wood, Mark Asper

--

DE (4): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Kyle Moore

DT (5): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Jarron Gilbert, Alex Carrington, Kellen Heard

OLB (5): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham, Arthur Moats, Bryan Scott

ILB (2): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin , Ron Brooks, Justin Rogers

S (3): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy

--

ST (3): Rian Lindell, Brian Moorman, Garrison Sanborn

Notable Cuts: Danny Batten,, Spencer Johnson, Dwan Edwards, Florence, Kelsay

----------------------

I'm really looking forward to seeing fendi onobun, 6'6" 250's 4.48 40 time, insane athletic abilities. A offseason of getting coached up mostly in blocking and route running. He has more raw ability than any TE in the NFL.

Look up his YouTube workout and be impressed!

Pete Metzelaars has some of finest clay to sculpt from.

I don't know, Rubes. Maybe I'm insane. Florence is 31, his production is declining, and we just drafted two CBs. Maybe he won't be cut, But I'll bet he doesn't start.

I don't know how you define production, but Florence is a good, veteran CB who picked off a couple of passes last year including a key one against the Pats*. Nix and Gailey repeatedly say you can't have enough CBs, and Florence has been a steady presence on this defense. His experience and leadership will be extremely valuable for our crop of CBs, who (besides McGee) are all very young and/or inexperienced (or, in the case of McKelvin, just plain awful). I just don't see them getting rid of him when they say they need lots of CBs, McGee is too unreliable over the course of a season, and the rest of them are still very raw.

I'm reasonably certain he would start the season, but as you say, by the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised if his spot was given to someone else.

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

RB (3): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White

FB (1): Corey McIntyre

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, Marcus Easley, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Ruvell Martin

TE (2): Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik, Mark Asper

OC (1): Eric Wood

--

DE (5): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Spencer Johnson

DT (4): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Alex Carrington

OLB (4): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham, Arthur Moats, Bryan Scott

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Brooks, Drayton Florence, Leodis McKelvin, Justin Rogers

--

Surprise cuts: Terrence McGee, Michael Jasper (who will have a great pre-season)

I fear for Michael Jasper, it´s him or Mark Asper. This is my bet, we´ll see how it turns out.

It goes without saying that this is worth virtually nothing at this point; the draft's not even over. But I needed to sort through all our talent mentally, and writing out was the easiest way to do it.

RB (4): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White, Tashard Choice

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan, Marcus Easley

TE (2): Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin

OC (2): Eric Wood, Colin Brown

--

DE (5): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Robert Eddins

DT (4): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Kellen Heard

OLB (4): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham, Bryan Scott

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence, Ron Brooks, Justin Rogers

--

Notable Cuts: Danny Batten, Arthur Moats, Leodis McKelvin, Spencer Johnson, Alex Carrington, Dwan Edwards.

----------------------

Somewhat optimistically, this has the first six rounds of draft picks make the team. For the 7th round, UDFAs, and future UFAs and other teams' cuts, I think the biggest opportunities are for a fourth safety (currently unfilled since Scott can play both positions), DL depth (although I think we're likely to shed a lot of veteran this summer, like Edwards, Carrington, Johnson), ILB, and potentially, TE.

I think troupe will be cut over Johnson, Johnson is a very good rotational DT and Troupe is not. If Carrington shows improvement in the offseason I can see Kelsay walking, He's getting old, overpaid, and his leadership isn't needed as much as it was at the time of his contract. CB is interesting, I dont want to see any of them go, Leodis has been streaky and Mcgee is aging and injured often.

It goes without saying that this is worth virtually nothing at this point; the draft's not even over. But I needed to sort through all our talent mentally, and writing out was the easiest way to do it.

RB (4): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White, Tashard Choice

TE (2): Scott Chandler, Mike CaussinLee Smith

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik, Mark Asper practice squad

--

DE (5): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Robert EddinsDanny Batten

DT (4): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Kellen Heard, Alex Carrington

OLB (4): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham, Tank Carder

ILB (2): Kelvin Sheppard, Chris White

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence, Ron Brooks, Justin Rogers

S (3): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy, Bryan Scott

--

Notable Cuts: Merriman, Eddins, Arthur Moats, Leodis McKelvin, Spencer Johnson, Troup, Dwan Edwards.

----------------------

Somewhat optimistically, this has the first six rounds of draft picks make the team. For the 7th round, UDFAs, and future UFAs and other teams' cuts, I think the biggest opportunities are for a fourth safety (currently unfilled since Scott can play both positions), DL depth (although I think we're likely to shed a lot of veteran this summer, like Edwards, Carrington, Johnson), ILB, and potentially, TE.

As of 4-28-12, here is our best 53 man roster:

TE (1): Scott Chandler (David Nelson)

--

DE (4): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, (Arthur Moats)

DT (5): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Carrington

OLB (3): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham,(Bryan Scott)

ILB (3): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder, Chris White

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence, Leodis McKelvin, Ron Brooks,

S (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Bryan Scott, Da'Norris Searcy (Ron Brooks)

--

Important Notes:

1. This team is pretty darn good as is. There is a lot more depth this year when compared to last year.

2. Ideally, we need a better backup QB to replace Thigpen. If Fitz goes down we'll be in trouble.

2. Ideally, we could use another proven TE. Visante Shiancoe and Bo Scaife are both available.

3. WR Martin is a stud on ST so he could push his way onto the roster ahead of one of the WRs.

4. A. Moats is a pretty good pass rusher in obvious passing situations. He makes the team for that reason.

5. We're a little thin a LB with only six. B. Scott doubles as a safety and cover LB so he makes seven. However, it might be wise to replace C. White with a vet LB. How about somebody like James Farrior??

6. I love what the Bills did to bolster their O-line, but it might be wise to sign proven LT Marcus McNeil to tutor the young LTs and help keep Fitz healthy for one year.

Here would be our roster with a few proposed, realistic changes:

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Colt McCoy, Brad Smith

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan, Marcus Easley, Martin.

TE (1): Scott Chandler, Visante Shiancoe (David Nelson)

OT (4): Marcus McNeil, Chris Hairston, Erik Pears, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik

--

DE (4): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, (Arthur Moats)

DT (5): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson

OLB (3): Nick Barnett, James Farrior, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham,(Bryan Scott)

ILB (3): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence, Leodis McKelvin, Ron Brooks,

S (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Bryan Scott, Da'Norris Searcy (Ron Brooks)

--

Notes:

I replaced players on the above roster as follows:

1. QB McCoy for Thigpen. Word is that McCoy may be traded.

2. LT McNeil for Asper. Proven vet LT needed more than rookie backup OG.

3. WR Martin for D. Jones. Martin needed for ST. I like Hagan better than D. Jones.

4. LB Farrior for C. White. Proven vet LB could help show the way for the younger LBs.

4. TE Shiancoe for Carrington. I don't like cutting Carrington, but the Bills need a second TE more than they need a sixth DT.

Your thoughts??

I can see Asper over Colin Brown, particularity if Asper can back up two positions G/C.

McGee is on his way out for Rodgers.

Carrington probably gets the nod over Edwards.

Great roster though.