53 man roster

I think Potter makes the team but the QB situation makes it complicated if they want to carry Jackson AND Thigpen.

Potter will most likely make the team based off of the comments made thus far by Chan and Buddy. Aside from opponents starting from the 20 yd line, the touchbacks will save our players from more hits and the risk of injuries...

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starters in bold:

QB (2)- Fitz, Jackson

HB (3)- Jackson, Choice, Spiller

FB (1)- Dickerson

WR (7)- Johnson, Jones, Nelson, Graham, Hagan, Roosevelt, B. Smith

TE (3)- Chandler, Smith, Brock

T (4)- Glenn, Pears, Hairston, Sanders

G (3)- Levitre, Urbik, Rinehart

C (2)- Wood, Brown

Offense- 25

DE (4)- Williams, Kelsay, Anderson, Gilbert

DT (4)- Dareus, Williams, Johnson, Heard

OLB (5)- Moats, Barnett, Morrison, Scott, Bradham

ILB (3)- Sheppard, McKillop, Carder

CB (5)- Williams, Gilmore, McFumble, Rogers, Brooks

S (3)- Byrd, Wilson, Searcy

Defense 24

LS (1)- Sanborn

K (2)- Potter, Lindell

P (1)- Moorman

Cuts- Thigpen, White, Z. Brown, McIntyre, Clowney, R. Martin, Easley, Aiken, Carmon, Williams, Snow, Asper, Young, Eddins, Moore, D. Edwards, Carrington, White, McGee, Green, Howell, Saenz

PUP- Caussin

IR- Troup

PS- Easley, Aiken, Asper, Howell, and 3 from other squads

I see the Bills abandoning the fullback, and using Dickerson as an H-back. McGee has some injury issues that make him a question mark and expendable based on the depth of the position.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Tavaras Jackson Tyler Thigpen Brad Smith

RB Fred Jackson C.J. Spiller Tashard Choice

FB Corey McIntyre Dorin Dickerson (*)

WR Stevie Johnson Derek Hagan Marcus Easley (*)

WR Donald Jones David Nelson T.J. Graham

LT Chris Hairston Cordy Glenn

LG Andy Levitre

C Eric Wood

RG Kraig Urbik Chad Rinehart

RT Erik Pears Sam Young Zebrie Sanders

TE Scott Chandler Lee Smith

Mike Caussin (PuP)

(*) one of these players is cut to keep Thigpen on the roster. Other option they cut thigpen then renegotiate his salary and then one player they put on that IR recall. after Tavaris is up to speed on the offense Thigpen is cut and then Easley/Dickerson is activated from the PS.

Defense 24 make the roster

DE Mario Williams Kyle Moore

DT Marcell Dareus Spencer Johnson/Alex Carrington (one gets cut) Jarron Gilbert

DT Kyle Williams Dwan Edwards (gets traded)

DE Mark Anderson Chris Kelsay Kyle Moore

OLB Arthur Moats Kirk Morrison

MLB Kelvin Sheppard Tank Carder

OLB Nick Barnett Bryan Scott Nigel Bradham

CB Aaron Williams Leodis McKelvin

CB Stephon Gilmore Terrence McGee Justin Rogers Ron Brooks

FS Jairus Byrd

SS George Wilson Da'Norris Searcy

Special teams 4 make the roster

K Rian Lindell John Potter

P Brian Moorman

LS Garrison Sanborn

DL 8 LB 7 DB 9

QB 3 RB/FB 5 WR 6 TE 2 OL 9

PS Asper/Brown, Howell, Brown/Sanders, Dickerson/Easily

Quarterbacks

Tight Ends

Running Backs

Fullbacks/HB/TE

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Scott Chandler

Fred Jackson

Corey McIntyre

Tavaris Jackson

Lee Smith

C.J. Spiller

Tyler Thigpen

Tashard Choice

Wide Receivers

Guards

Tackles

Centers

Stevie Johnson

Andy Levitre

Cordy Glenn*

Eric Wood

Donald Jones

Kraig Urbik

Erik Pears

Colin Brown

David Nelson

Chad Rinehart

Chris Hairston

T.J. Graham*

Zebrie Sanders*

Marcus Easley

Brad Smith

Rian Lindell / John Potter / Brian Moorman / Garrison Sanborn

Ends

Defensive Tackles

Outside LBs

Inside LBs

Mark Anderson

Kyle Williams

Nick Barnett

Kelvin Sheppard

Mario Williams

Marcell Dareus

Arthur Moats

Kirk Morrison

Chris Kelsay

Spencer Johnson

Nigel Bradham*

Kyle Moore

Dwan Edwards

Bryan Scott

Alex Carrington

Tank Carder*

Cornerback

Strong Safety

Free Safety

Stephon Gilmore*

George Wilson

Jairus Byrd

Aaron Williams

Da’Norris Searcy

Delano Howell*

Leodis McKelvin

Justin Rogers

Ron Brooks*

PS

DORIN DICKERSON HB

ZACH BROWN RB

KAMAR AIKEN WR

MARK ASPER C

ZEBRIE SANDERS OT

JARRON GILBERT DE

CHRIS WHITE LB

ISAIAH GREEN CB

McGee and now Brooks hurt, depending on how bad his foot injury is, will make the Bills probably cut one extra guy they want to keep, unless they IR either of those two with the idea of bringing them back later in the year under the new rule. Brooks was going to be a big member of the ST as well, so we might have to keep a guy for that. Maybe even Ruvell Martin makes the team when he may not have. It's a tough call.

Rogers is just coming back. AWilliams has looked shaky. Gilmore and McKelvin have played well. If Rogers is 100% and Brooks is not hurt too bad, we could get away with the 6. But it's risky. McGee probably won't be healthy for a month.

Here is my latest column with my choices for the roster...agree or disagree?

http://niagarahub.co...eseason-finale/

I think Thigpen will be on the roster for week 1 at least, Jackson does not appear anywhere near ready to play if Fitz goes down early in week 1. I think Morrison will make it too, one of the rookie LBs (I’m thinking Carder) to the practice squad. I doubt we keep 9 on the O-line, I see 8 at the most (Sanders to PS). BTW, no way Hagen is still PS eligible, he’s been in the league for like 7 years now. I’d rather we keep Roosevelt and Easley over him anyways.

I think Thigpen will be on the roster for week 1 at least, Jackson does not appear anywhere near ready to play if Fitz goes down early in week 1. I think Morrison will make it too, one of the rookie LBs (I’m thinking Carder) to the practice squad. I doubt we keep 9 on the O-line, I see 8 at the most (Sanders to PS). BTW, no way Hagen is still PS eligible, he’s been in the league for like 7 years now. I’d rather we keep Roosevelt and Easley over him anyways.

I think that would be a bad move, as I don't think Tank would make it 2 days on the Bills PS before somebody would scoop him up.

2012 Buffalo Bills

My projected 53 man roster [uPDATED]

QB(3) Fitz is the man, no doubt about that. Gailey loves the guy. I, on the other hand, have lost trust in #14. Working on his mechanics this year have hurt him more than it has helped it has appeared.The #2 spot isn't as cut and dried. Vince Young is a cheaper alternative than Thigpen and he is a proven winner in the NFL, therefore I gotta go with VY.

Grade: D+ [GRADE REDUCED]

Fitzpatrick

Young

Smith

RB(5) The Bills sport, at the very least, a top 3 running back tandem in the entire league. Freddie is healthy and ready to light up the NFL again. Spiller is in his third season and poised for a breakout year. The only battle here is between last years' draft choice Johnny White vs Tashard Choice. I went with Choice because he has started games in the NFL which would be invaluable to the Bills if something were to happen to Spiller or Fredex. Let's just hope Chan Gailey utilizes this group a ton. We need to be a run first team.

Grade: A+ [GRADE UNCHANGED]

Jackson

Spiller

Choice

McIntyre

Dickerson

WR(6) I believe a lot of people will be surprised with how well this unit plays this year. Stevie and Donald are the starters, but you will see plenty of Nelson, who like Spiller, is in his third year which is usually the season WRs finally come into their own. I think this trio can combine for over 3000 yards. Hagan provides some veteran leadership, Graham supplies the speed. Naaman is my 53rd man on the roster. He deserves a roster spot.

Grade: C+ [GRADE REDUCED]

Johnson

Jones

Nelson

Graham

Easley [EDITED] Roosevelt: Naaman is my surprise player to make the cut. The kid catches everything thrown his way and can play special teams. Easley hasn't shown anything. That project is over.

Hagan

TE(2) Chandler proved his worth to the Bills last year and should only get better. He's a huge target and a good outlet for Fitzy if things breakdown. Smith is a decent blocker.

Grade: C+ [GRADE UNCHANGED]

Chandler

Smith

OL(11) If Cordy or Hairston can man the LT position adequately than the Bills can have a top 5 unit here. I love all the other starters. Levitre is the most underrated LG in the NFL. Wood was on his way to the All-Pro team before the injury. Both Urbik and Pears are solid to above average. We have decent depth here, with Rhinehart, and the loser of the LT battle (most likely Hairston). Urbik can play center if anything goes wrong with Wood.

Grade: B- [GRADE REDUCED] Our injuries on the line has created a problem with chemistry. I'd like to see what this line can do when Wood and Pears stay in gthe lineup.

Glenn

Levitre

Wood

Urbik

Pears

Hairston

Brown

Rhinehart

Young

Sanders

Sanborn [EDITED] Sanders and Young might make the team just so the Jets don't try to steal them from us, but keeping them both can be a problem for us at DT. Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson only have one or two years left on contact. We need to keep an insurance policy at that position on our roster for the future.

DL(8) This is started to sound redundant, but the Bills have a top three unit in the league here, as well. We Bills fans are downright giddy at the thought of this unit playing together. Mario will demand double teams and free up at least one or two other guys to single match ups which will pose a huge problem to opposing defenses. Offenses will have to chip block our DEs using the RBs and tight ends will have to stay back and block more than they'd like to against us. Dareus and Kyle make up the best DT combo in the league and Anderson's speed rush is just the thing we need on a line full of power and speed. The Bills have some flexibility here as Dwan and Sp Johnson can play DE as well as tackle.

Grade: A+ [GRADE UNCHANGED]

Williams

Anderson

Kelsay

Merrimen [EDITED] Moore: Bills like his potential.

Dareus

K. Williams

Edwards

Sp. Johnson

Carrington [EDITED] Carrington has shown absolutely nothing. The Bills will keep 8 D-lineman instead of 9.

LB(7) This is our weakest unit on the defense, but that's not meant to be a knock against our boys at linebacker, we're just so stacked with talent on the DL and secondary. Barnett is the best of the bunch. He can cover, and play the run. Our coaching staff has a lot of faith in Sheppard, so he must be at least adequate. So far in the preseason Sheppard looks to be a liability on defense. Morrison has been around for a while now in the NFL so he provides the D with some veteran leadership, but I believe Moats will steal his starting job shortly after the start of the season.[EDITED] Moats has already over taken the starting spot. Our other linebackers will play a significant role on special teams. Scott will be the nickel backer.

Grade: D+ [GRADE REDUCED]

Barnett

Sheppard

Morrison

Carder

Moats

Bradham

Scott

DB(8) I have some concerns with this unit, but at the same time they can be special. Aaron Williams needs to get better. I don't agree with the majority of the board when it comes to AW. I thought he sucked last year, but he was a rookie and that's to be expected, EXCEPT when it comes to Gilmore. Stephon is ready to make a difference on this D as of now. The kid can play. he will get tested early and often, my bet is teams will start avoiding him well before mid-season. McKelvin is the X factor here. Call me hard headed but I still have faith in him, if he can just learn to play the ball while it's in the air. Rogers and Brooks have some promise. I love our safety tandem of Wilson and Byrd. Especially Byrd! Like he may play his way out of Buffalo, this year, that good!! I don't know if we'll be able to fit him under our cap next season. Our secondary will benefit greatly from our improved pass rush.

Grade: B- [GRADE UNCHANGED]

Williams

Gilmore

Byrd

Wilson

Brooks

McKelvin

Rogers

Searcy

K/P(3)

Grade: A- [GRADE UNCHANGED]

Lindell

Potter [EDITED] Potter has been magnificent on kickoffs. He's a lock to make the roster and to be active every week.

Moorman

My 2012 Buffalo Bills

My projected 53 man roster OVERALL 46/53

QB 2/3

Fitzpatrick

Young Thigpen

Smith

TJack: Wasn't on roster when I made my predictions.

RB 5/5

Jackson

Spiller

Choice

McIntyre

Dickerson

WR 4/6

Johnson

Jones

Nelson

Graham

Roosevelt