Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, no. His year two salary could be gauranteed and in theory would not count in their accounting this year - that isn't cash out of our pocket today(technically it's held in trust, but not paid yet)

Ah, thanks again. Mathin' numbers confusing for me. :thumbsup:

I hadn't been able to view the board today until now. I had been following on twitter, but anyway, I logged on and decided I wanted to read the board's reaction from when it was made official. I randomly typed in view page 167, and that was the exact page where the announcement was made official. It has been that kind of day!! GO BILLS

Edited by FluffHead

NFL Total Access - both Billick and Baldinger crapped on the signing - said one player does not make us a contender.

Baldinger, who is kind of a douche, said that he would have rather spread the money out on a couple of good players.

I guess the forgot that we actually have a really good secondary -that may become great if we can put some heat on the QB. Our LBs are pretty damn good too.

Everyone is ground up and in the freezer after going through every possible emotion the past three days.

Welcome to Buffalo Mario!!!

I'm not ground up and in the freezer. But the ice in my vodka just was. :D

Cheers, y'all. We earned it these last 48 hours.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

NFL Total Access - both Billick and Baldinger crapped on the signing - said one player does not make us a contender.

Baldinger, who is kind of a douche, said that he would have rather spread the money out on a couple of good players.

I guess the forgot that we actually have a really good secondary -that may become great if we can put some heat on the QB. Our LBs are pretty damn good too.

I just watched that! They also said Mario wasn't elite. grrrrrr

Really Baldinger? Which guys?

If the Patriots had signed MW, they'd be rubbing themselves in oil talking about it being the greatest coup in football history.

!@#$ them.

Damn. Are you telling me this was ALL for Your birthday????? WTF? I thought this was for everyone.

Nope. That's why they waited until today. You heard Mario say he pretty much made up his mind on Tuesday didn't you? Yup. All for me. Thanks for the gift Ralph.

Thanks for another reminder of why I rarely watch those awful shows. Just a couple of morons blathering from a position of ignorance. Anyone paying the least bit of attention knows this is exactly the guy the Bills needed to maximize the impact of their two best existing defenders -- KW and MD.

Good article here; I love that Mario was so interested in defensive scheme, the attitude in the locker room, how the guys on the D got along both on and the off the field, etc. That all says to me the dude is serious about his football.

(Super) Mario "Freaking" Williams is a Buffalo Bill.

At least for today, we stole every bit of thunder in the NFL and it feels sooooo good!

My love for Buddy Nix grew more than the Grinch's heart today.

Thank you Bills!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1331854444[/url]' post='2410167']

Naturally love the signing and the team's approach to getting it done. The entire organization should be praised immensely.

OTOH, if you're that concerned about other individuals like myself who had the audacity to criticize after years of inept decisions, well so be it. Congratulations, you got 1 right after years of being wrong and are a huge credit to the board. <_<

It's a day to be thankful, not go after posters who. Get a life.

Feelin' a lot of love around here tonight. Paying it forward, Matt183, I'm dropping the deal. It won't be me, anyway, that holds you to your word. Rejoice, Bills fans!

Notable items during the dizzying 72 hours of courting of Mario Williams that led up to, or led to, his signing:

- Free agency begins - amateur sleuths track plane call numbers

- George Seifert is not seen at the airport

- He's here! For real!

- Meachum's here too!

- They're going to dinner!

- Meachum's going too!

- Meach! uuummm..... Crap

- He's staying the night! He's left Buffalo! He's staying the night!

- Embassy Suites - clean, efficient, adequate. Suck it Brady

- St Bona is leaving the airport for the tourney! Wait - wat? Mario??????

- A Man with an Awesome Stache there to greet at airport

- Taurus getting oil changed - car with comparable fuel economy located

- Fiancee forgives Man With Said Awesome Stache for not carrying her bag

- Bridge to Toronto?

- Initial blindfold plan scrapped - strategic use of "scenic" routes on trips to/from airport used instead

- Efff Five?

- Randy Constan server reaches record number of hits

- She likes the room!

- Enthusiastic heartfelt chants at Sabres game sent with love directly to Mario in Bills suite!!! Oh...

- Nice Wives!

- In most pivotal moment of entire saga - at the Kelly's, Jim does NOT get wasted and does NOT ask fiancee if she wants to meet his 'Wild Bill'

- NO goddammit - for the last time, not even close to most posts in a thread!

- Deer In The Yard!

- WNY business productivity hits record low for 48 hour period - employers care less

- City Of Good Neighbors

- Signing imminent. PFT breaking news Mario left Buffalo two days ago

- Showed Him The Money!!!!!!

- Tens of Thousands of males in Bills Nation get something in their eye at the same time

- Is this real life!?!? FUG YEAH!!!!!!

- Ground Up And In The Freezer

Really Baldinger? Which guys?

If the Patriots had signed MW, they'd be rubbing themselves in oil talking about it being the greatest coup in football history.

!@#$ them.

Ha ha. I am picturing Billick pouring oil on Baldinger's block head and playing with his nipples. Gross.

Notable items during the dizzying 72 hours of courting of Mario Williams that led up to, or led to, his signing:

- He's here! For real!

- Meachum's here too!

- Meachum's going too!

- Bridge to Toronto?

- Initial blindfold plan scrapped - strategic use of "scenic" routes on trips to/from airport used instead

- Efff Five?

- She likes the room!

- Enthusiastic heartfelt chants at Sabres game sent with love directly to Mario in Bills suite!!! Oh...

- Nice Wives!

- In most pivotal moment of entire saga - at the Kelly's, Jim does NOT get wasted and does NOT ask fiancee if she wants to meet his 'Wild Bill'

- Deer In The Yard!

- WNY business productivity hits record low for 48 hour period - employers care less

- City Of Good Neighbors

- Tens of Thousands of males in Bills Nation get something in their eye at the same time

CLASSIC, THIS THREAD SHOULD END WITH THIS.

Edited by BRAWNDO

- He's here! For real!

- Meachum's here too!

- Meachum's going too!

- Bridge to Toronto?

- Efff Five?

- She likes the room!

- Nice Wives!

- Deer In The Yard!

- City Of Good Neighbors

Awesome! The only thing you forgot was:

- Lettering on "F5" button worn off on thousands of Bills' fan's computers due to an unknowable number of refreshes of a certain thread on TSW.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

- He's here! For real!

- Meachum's here too!

- Meachum's going too!

- Bridge to Toronto?

- Efff Five?

- She likes the room!

- Nice Wives!

- Deer In The Yard!

- City Of Good Neighbors

That deer is the unsung hero of this story. It should be given apples and acorns for life. Maybe a parade.

I was just telling.my dad how the bills haven't won a playoff game since I was 8!! Hopefully the bills win one in his lifetime(I'm 26) he's a giants.fan so if we won soon it would be a double whammy hed go out on top

Lets hope so! our prospects look better lately.

not that it matters, but just between us... was the deer real?

Great post stvewin and should be the final one to lock one our most memorable event in a rather long while. should be a "sticky?" so we can review and laugh about how foolish and giddy and spurned and hopeful we have been. Mods i sugeest you put this one in the glass box under the security lights soon!

Great ride folks!!

I made a thread about it, but in case no one ventures outside this thread for awhile:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/mario-williams-to-the-bills-fans-rejoice-and-then-worry/?ref=football

The NY Times gives this thread a shout out!

We'll have to enjoy the irony when the site crashes with a bunch of new members because of a NYT article about the site that quotes Jay Rosen.

We'll have to enjoy the irony when the site crashes with a bunch of new members because of a NYT article about the site that quotes Jay Rosen.

Would have been better if they named the source as Jay 'Rubeo'

I think the rig handled things well today. I never really saw any signs of true distress... and this was its largest test yet.

not that it matters, but just between us... was the deer real?

Great post stvewin and should be the final one to lock one our most memorable event in a rather long while. should be a "sticky?" so we can review and laugh about how foolish and giddy and spurned and hopeful we have been. Mods i sugeest you put this one in the glass box under the security lights soon!

Great ride folks!!

Hero deer identified

Holy Crap! Glad I saw the article first and not this. Quite a shock.

CLASSIC, THIS THREAD SHOULD END WITH THIS.

Agreed. The post of the entire ordeal. At one point I was hoping this thread should go on forever. At least until MW has retired but then again he'll probably retire as a Bill and then we can come back and talk about how he'll be a HOFer and another Jim Kelly type in BLO. But I think this should end with this post with an updated "F5 keys break and wear down to metal nubs across WNY" as stated by Chevy in another post and then sealed and locked into a box for all future fans to see the thread that led to the turnaround of the franchise for our children and grandchildren to enjoy.