Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Kyle Williams really had a lot to do with this signing... way to go Kyle!

link

Kyle Williams began to believe this was going to happen at dinner Tuesday night when Mario kept directing the conversation to the scheme of the interior line, to the chemistry in the defensive line meeting room and to the mood of the locker room as a whole.

Then, after dinner, rather than retreat to his hotel, they drove back to the Bills’ facility around until 11, and just hung around comfortably. Throughout Mario’s constantly extending trip, there were more questions for the players, most of them about relationships on and off the field.

With the coaches, there was intense film study to cement an understanding of how he could fit in with an interior crew of Kyle Williams and budding star Marcell Dareus. The fact that Buffalo isn’t known for nightclubs or gated communities or soothing December temperatures wasn’t discussed much, if at all. This was about football. This was about finding a comfortable place.

“He doesn’t seem like anyone who needs the flash or the attention, big lights,” Kyle Williams told WGR’s Howard Simon Show. “If he comes here, the kind of noise we could make with our play, and what our D-line could do, I think the stir that could cause us would be enough for him.

“His thing [was], ‘I want to go somewhere that I can be a puzzle that gets somebody over the hump or be somebody who puts a team on the next level,’ ” Kyle Williams said.

I think it's funny how we celebrate this signing and rejoice almost as if we just won the Super Bowl, yet there are teams that make these signings every year... Just shows how desperate we are.... I love being relevant, and having a superstar on our team... What has it been, 13 years since we had an all-pro player on our team?

I'm psyched!!!

I disagree completely. When has a Mario Williams aka possibly the best DE in football, hit the open market? Sorry but no, these types of signings of guys like THIS do NOT happen every year. This was HUGE.

Kyle Williams was a HUGE reason we got Mario.

http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/kyle-williams-bills-dt-joined-adam-schein-and

You gotta listen to this if you're at all interested in the process.

Kyle says they were having a great time at OBD after dinner just hanging out

Mario "Man, I wish my fiancee was here to see this"

Kyle "Big man, you've got all the power right now, tell them to fly her up...they'll send someone to give her a piggyback ride if you want them to"

Kyle Williams was a HUGE reason we got Mario.

http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/kyle-williams-bills-dt-joined-adam-schein-and

You gotta listen to this if you're at all interested in the process.

Kyle says they were having a great time at OBD after dinner just hanging out

Mario "Man, I wish my fiancee was here to see this"

Kyle "Big man, you've got all the power right now, tell them to fly her up...they'll send someone to give her a piggyback ride if you want them to"

omg that's hilarious! Go Kyle!

Extra nights in Buffalo? Sure hope they didn't make him stay where To, Brady stays! :oops:

OP & E Amherst are likely high fiving and chest thumping over the addition of another Tax Payer.

I think he will buy in the Southtowns. Close to the stadium, large tracts of land to hunt on.

Gotta join the party! Big day for the Bills organization.

My first post but been reading for years. Just want to say these past three days reading this topic has been the most hilarious, most paranoid at the same time most optimistic I have seen a community and I love it. Room for one more?

Oh yea, I might be the 152nd person to say it, but wth, ground up and in the freezer?

Go Mario! Go Bills!

My first post but been reading for years. Just want to say these past three days reading this topic has been the most hilarious, most paranoid at the same time most optimistic I have seen a community and I love it. Room for one more?

Oh yea, I might be the 152nd person to say it, but wth, ground up and in the freezer?

Go Mario! Go Bills!

Welcome

I like red wine. I will be waiting next to the mail box for yours to arive.

Go Mario! Go Bills!

Welcome aboard. And you're right, this thread has been a riot!