Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

Tks Rex....mods, is there a way to create a thread that only rex can post to in order to provide accurate up to date info?

Let's Go Mario!

Thanks, but I honestly wouldn't be comfortable with that.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, My opinion at this point is: Either It's a done deal and they are just waiting for someone (ie Ralph) to fly in for the presser today OR Mario really is waiting to get word from Titans (or somewhere else) on Manning's situation. There has GOT to be something that is delaying things.

Just send out a Tweet Mario Please!!! Tell us your here to stay!

Having your fiancee visit and get a "feel" for the place seems pretty normal for an important job search.

Maybe what's being reported is factual - he wants to be comfortable and have a chance to win, after seeing what he needs to see he and his lady want to let it soak in and talk about it, maybe hit a good workout to clear his head, then decide.

I know it's been said. But, what is the big deal about the area? Unless they are looking for houses, by the time they have school age kids, his

contract will probably be done. And really, how much time does he spend in town?

I guess it's pretty cool though, maybe it says he is going to be active in the community.

Having your fiancee visit and get a "feel" for the place seems pretty normal for an important job search.

Maybe what's being reported is factual - he wants to be comfortable and have a chance to win, after seeing what he needs to see he and his lady want to let it soak in and talk about it, maybe hit a good workout to clear his head, then decide.

+1 This seems like an eternity for us but in reality, two or three days to make a decision that could affect the rest of your career is a very short time. Let's hope this wraps up today. BTW, FWIW, Schefter just stated on Mike and Mike that he doesn't believe any other team will be able to match Buffalo's offer and that Mario would have to accept less to play elsewhere.

+1 This seems like an eternity for us but in reality, two or three days to make a decision that could affect the rest of your career is a very short time. Let's hope this wraps up today. BTW, FWIW, Schefter just stated on Mike and Mike that he doesn't believe any other team will be able to match Buffalo's offer and that Mario would have to accept less to play elsewhere.

The otherside being that he's probably had weeks to research and think about buffalo

I just want to say I'm glad I work at UNC, because EVERYone here is majorly distracted by sports today. I'm just the only one expressing it by breaking F5 keys with you idiots (and I use the word "idiot" endearingly).

Edited by jimmyo

Does anyone have the tail number for the Bills' private jet? This would be good information to have moving forward and Google is failing me. Even aircraft type would help find it, since we know roughly when Mario came in originally.

As always, take this with a grain of salt.

But I was just over on the Tennessee Titans message board to see if anyone has some insight on our situation.

The fans in Tennessee believe that Mario Williams is waiting to see if the Titans get Peyton Manning. He is the number one priority for Bud Adams.

If the Titans don't get Manning, they have apparently told Mario's agent that they will match Buffalo's offer. And with the money equal, Williams would rather play in Tennessee.

If true, that may be why he is stalling.

The good news for Buffalo is that Tennessee seems to be in the driver's seat for getting Manning.

Does anyone have the tail number for the Bills' private jet? This would be good information to have moving forward and Google is failing me. Even aircraft type would help find it, since we know roughly when Mario came in originally.

It was a charter jet, so that won't help. Does Ralph own a private plane though?

These guys aren't flying on ralphs jet (if he has one). They fly charters.

These guys aren't flying on ralphs jet (if he has one). They fly charters.

Ahh. I figured the team had a jet, but charters make sense. Was more looking to see if there would be some traffic from the Detroit area, for a Ralph sighting. Not sure what his health status is though, to even know if travel is an option for him presently.