Official Bills v Chiefs Game Thread

Beerball

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D. Bell looked solid today. I do believe if we play a few more games at this level, and we can only get better I do hope, we should at least get a flex game this season...

So solid, in fact, that the Chiefs moved Hali to play over Pears because he was getting nowhere against Bell.

Bell-haters can officially go get stuffed.

I'm not saying he's a Pro Bowler because of one game - but the people here who have been going on about how he sucks and we don't have a OLT - STFU. He's young and talented and developing.

Edited by BobChalmers

I can barely control my excitement. Winning in Arrowhead, no matter how good/bad the Chiefs are, is a huge statement!

And that was as Big as it gets. The Bills played smart football protecting the football and playing solid defense.. On such a wierd day, when the NFL's stingiest Run defense gave up 180+ yards rushing to the Ravens, while the worst Run defense in the league gave up just over 100 yards rushing...We stop the run, we can be in many ball games. And we run the ball to boot, we can definitely win the games.

I thought I was awake.

I thought I ate breakfast.

I thought I was ready to watch whatever Florida teams the local TV channels were offering. (Not my choice, but I live in Florida.) Then my wife happened to notice that DirecTV was offering a free trial (today only) of Sunday Ticket. So I recorded and watched the Bills game. (After the last couple of seasons I had cancelled Sunday ticket, because it just wasn't worth the money to watch another losing season.)

I thought I was awake, but the Bills were clobbering the Chiefs. It wasn't ugly, it wasn't lucky bounces of the ball; they actually looked pretty good.

Of course, I wasn't awake. It was too good to be true. It was all a dream.

Hahaha loved them showing the shot of the parking lot in KC, stands are empty. The football gods showed us some love today

That was the first game that came to my mind. I can't seem to remember another one since then.

I'm pretty sure there haven't been any. lol

If we can beat them* in 2 weeks wouldn't that be great, Danny?

Oh man Matt, I would trade a winning season if we could only spank the Partriots in 2 weeks!

Oh, forgot something. *

Edited by EastRochBillsfan

I thought I was awake.

I thought I was ready to watch whatever Florida teams the local TV channels were offering. (Not my choice, but I live in Florida.) Then my wife happened to notice that DirecTV was offering a free trial (today only) of Sunday Ticket. So I recorded and watched the Bills game. (After the last couple of seasons I had cancelled Sunday ticket, because it just wasn't worth the money to watch another losing season.)

I thought I was awake, but the Bills were clobbering the Chiefs. It wasn't ugly, it wasn't lucky bounces of the ball; they actually looked pretty good.

:thumbsup:

Eastrochfan,

I was simply stating at the time when I posted that there was some pressures coming down on Fitz. We didn't get killed but it wasn't the best either. As the game went on and the lead got larger we got more consistant. That's all I was saying.

Overall we had a great game and still can improve on some key positions:

Merriman, Parrish, Jones, Spiller. Easley was out, Moats was out.

I was dissapointed but not shocked in the least that McGee was already injured. If he takes longer than 6 games to recover I see them putting him on IR and we have seen the last of his old dusty @ss. I've been calling for this since Greer was let go so I kind of feel S-M-R-T on this one. Sucks to know I'm right though. I'm OK with it because Williams is a gamer and will be part of our youth movement half a year earlier than expected.

How did Lee do in Baltimore today everyone? Just curious. And it didn't look like we missed him here at all either. Chandler will be this years Stevie Johnson and our young WRs will be fine with Jones and Nelson.

GO BILLS!!!

I thought I was awake.

Then to continue the dream with posting in this forum...& people responding. I like your dream!

This was an all around professional effort by a focused football team.

I couldn't help but notice the players on the sidelines towards the end of the game. There wasn't any laughter, celebration or stupidity, just a bunch of professionals standing there knowing what's still in front of them.

Nix and Gailey know what they're doing. It's time we recognized that. Winning a home opener, on the road in KC is a solid indicator of where we're heading.

Eastrochfan,

I was simply stating at the time when I posted that there was some pressures coming down on Fitz. We didn't get killed but it wasn't the best either. As the game went on and the lead got larger we got more consistant. That's all I was saying.

Overall we had a great game and still can improve on some key positions:

Merriman, Parrish, Jones, Spiller. Easley was out, Moats was out.

I was dissapointed but not shocked in the least that McGee was already injured. If he takes longer than 6 games to recover I see them putting him on IR and we have seen the last of his old dusty @ss. I've been calling for this since Greer was let go so I kind of feel S-M-R-T on this one. Sucks to know I'm right though. I'm OK with it because Williams is a gamer and will be part of our youth movement half a year earlier than expected.

How did Lee do in Baltimore today everyone? Just curious. And it didn't look like we missed him here at all either. Chandler will be this years Stevie Johnson and our young WRs will be fine with Jones and Nelson.

GO BILLS!!!

Evans - 0 catches on four balls thrown his way

Fitz QB rating 133.00

Cassel QB rating 64.47

At noon, I would have put the odds of that at about 1%.

I live in Steelers country now & if someone would have have asked me the odds of the Bills blowing out the Chiefs & the Ravens blowing out the Steelers...well, I would have put the odds of that scenario at about 1% as well. My son-in-law is a rabid Steelers fan & he just text me & said it's the first time he would rather be a Bills fan than a Steelers fan! LOVE it! What a game!

The biggest thing I noticed about this game was the play of Nick Barnett and Aaron Williams. Both looked like studs. Our tackling was phenomenal, Run DEF was great against #1 running team from last year, and Fitzy controlled the game.

Impressive first game, but definitely a long road ahead.

It's nice to be pleasantly surprised every once in a while with the Bills.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S. How could I forget Freddy J. Dude was a monster, I don't think he ever gets pushed backwards.

Red zone O = A+ - wow, just wow

Fitz = A + - perfect reads when blitzed

Jackson = A+ - Always gets to where he need to be

O Line = A+ - Great on run and pass

Chandler = A+ - saw it in pre-season and was wondering why they did not use him more (answer, secret weapon for opener)

Defense - forget about it

I don't care if KC turns out to be the worst team in the league, that was an almost flawless performance that bad teams cannot pull off...