Pats set up to make a run at Andrew Luck

...another rumor created by the genius--called "false-rumor-mongerer" Schefter!

Whomever recevies the first overall pick will select Luck...

Tom Brady sent Warner a text after Mallet was taken--Brady wrote he would play another 10 years!

Ms. Brady is 34 years old!

...another rumor created by the genius--called "false-rumor-mongerer" Schefter!

Whomever recevies the first overall pick will select Luck...

Tom Brady sent Warner a text after Mallet was taken--Brady wrote he would play another 10 years!

Ms. Brady is 34 years old!

After Dareus hits him with 3000 lbs of force he might change his mind :D

Let's face it. The Bills aren't going to the playoffs this year. Why not tank the season, and draft Andrew Luck. We'll have our QB for the next decade. I would gradly accept another suck ass year to secure a player of his caliber.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?name=schefter_adam&id=6465219&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fblog%3fname%3dschefter_adam%26id%3d6465219

this is probably just someone concocting a theory......but there are so mant pat* haters thought i would have some fun.

DUMB! They just drafted Mallet in the 3rd this year and still have Brady.

No chance with how much they're paying Brady and taking mallet. They stockpile picks because kraft is cheap and doesn't want to pay anyone but brady. The media buys into this nellicheck is draft day genius bs because they don't know any better. Reality their drafts have largely sucked for years.

Let's face it. The Bills aren't going to the playoffs this year. Why not tank the season, and draft Andrew Luck. We'll have our QB for the next decade. I would gradly accept another suck ass year to secure a player of his caliber.

I seriously doubt that will happen, especially now that the Defense looks to be improved vs. The Run...I don't expect a Playoff Season either...But if the Bills improve on Defense they will win 5-6 Games easy in 2011...Because...and I realize no one really remembers this...The Bills actually have a bit of a Home Field Advantage with a decent Defense...So in a way, the Dareus/Williams/Sheppard additions, along with Troupe/Carrington/Moats being a year better, will almost assure The Bills have no chance at Andrew Luck in 2012...Or at least that's the way I see it... B-)

Criminy Louise :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd rather have all my teeth pulled without novacaine that live through a season WORSE than last year.

The Chiefs picked around where we did this year last year and they won 10 games last year. The Fish worst to first season is well known. We could to that too maybe.

I call this mentality perpetual rebuilding mode. Let's just suck suck suck suck suck until we get all the pieces in place and then go for it.

Here's a novel idea. How about we try to win every game this year?

Hopefully our players and coaches don't have the same attitude as you.

But if the Bills improve on Defense they will win 5-6 Games easy in 2011

I'm thinking at least 8 wins should be doable. I just want to get over the Dick Jauron high water mark so I can say that Coach Gailey is a better coach than DJ. So far with only a 4 win season I can't say that.

The Bills have no chance at Andrew Luck in 2012...Or at least that's the way I see it... B-)

Panthers have inside track on 1 again. They drafted a qb that no one expects will contribute in the first year. They had no 2nd round pick. Their starting qb will only be in his 2nd yr. They're in a tough division where I see them going 1 and 5 at best. Theyll be installing a new system with a new hc. Lots can happen of course but WOW do they have a lot stacked against him.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

After Dareus hits him with 3000 lbs of force he might change his mind :D

I cannot WAIT to see that go down for the first time. I'm gonna go NUTS man!

Panthers have inside track on 1 again. They drafted a qb that no one expects will contribute in the first year. They had no 2nd round pick. Their starting qb will only be in his 2nd yr. They're in a tough division where I see them going 1 and 5 at best. Theyll be installing a new system with a new hc. Lots can happen of course but WOW do they have a lot stacked against him.

I have to agree. They will go 0-6 in their division without question. ATL, NO, and TB will all be better.

Panthers are very devoid of talent. Cam Newton might be talented but he doesnt take them out of the first pick sweepstakes

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?name=schefter_adam&id=6465219&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fblog%3fname%3dschefter_adam%26id%3d6465219

this is probably just someone concocting a theory......but there are so mant pat* haters thought i would have some fun.

Belli doesn't like to give up draft choices so not likely, also they got Mallett so really doubt it.

I don't care how many picks they have. If Luck plays like he did last year whatever team is drafting first is going to take him.

NFL should consider a draft lottery, maybe for like the 1st 6 picks.

+1 :thumbsup:

Anything is possible but this is highly improbable. They stock pile picks to get players they want after trading down, then this insures that they get who they may want the next draft if need be.

Mallett is IMO more than capable of taking over for Brady in a couple of years so why go after Luck unless he does some really stupid things by then. If he doesn't, he will be the next pocket passer of the future for them and look out if this happens.

I'm always amazed at how people pull stuff from their behinds with little or no logic or facts to support it.

The Pats will rebuild their lines and get a no. 1 wide receiver over the next draft or two (and FA), not go for broke on Luck. Bill ain't no sucker, unfortunately.

You're a loser if that's how you think. Losers have no problem losing. As someone who is competitive, I could never fathom losing on purpose.

I knew it was just a matter of time before I began seeing these posts again this year! You might occasionally get a few players who give up on their coach who are about to become FAs who might slack off, but does anyone think Chan is going to lose the support of his players next year...I definately do not! Most of the players will play for pride 1st and foremost. Do I think the Bills are going to win the division, hopefully but probably not, but I don't think they are in the running for the #1 draft pick either.

BTW does anyone really think that the Panthers would take Luck #1 next year after taking Newton #1 and Clausen in the 2nd the year before? They will be looking to trade out of the #1 spot if they occupy it again next year. Get it done Ditka...err I mean Nix!

this is wild.

with the draft we just had, and wanny on our defensive coaching staff, our D is going to be much improved, and thats if merriman never steps foot on the field again. if he can even return to half of what he was, we could be a good to very good defense.

our offense showed flashes last year. we have good wideouts, a strong backfield, and a healthy line going into the year.

for the first time since... 2003? 2004? going into the season, i'm not thinking "if players a, b, c, d, e, f, g, and h all improve from last year due to a strong offseason workout program, we're going to be good."

no man, this year, you just have to look at how last year played out.

4 wins? yes, of course...

but

FIVE of those games were by less than a touchdown

and two others were close as well.

this year, instead of every sunday hoping we give up a 3rd down so we can get luck next year... pull for the bills to make a play here or there. because im starting to think this team is a bounce here and there away from a 6 seed...

No chance with how much they're paying Brady and taking mallet. They stockpile picks because kraft is cheap and doesn't want to pay anyone but brady. The media buys into this nellicheck is draft day genius bs because they don't know any better. Reality their drafts have largely sucked for years.

+1

and by the way JSP, your godzilla roars are funny! i kept laughing the other day it brought TV memories to my mind! :beer:

We don't need to tank but i would pull what the Falcons did this year next year if we want Luck Especially if the guy has another year like he did last year .

The only way they shouldn't do that is if there is another QB in next years draft that they feel is a better fit for the Bills !!

Anything is possible but this is highly improbable. They stock pile picks to get players they want after trading down, then this insures that they get who they may want the next draft if need be.

Mallett is IMO more than capable of taking over for Brady in a couple of years so why go after Luck unless he does some really stupid things by then. If he doesn't, he will be the next pocket passer of the future for them and look out if this happens.

I'm always amazed at how people pull stuff from their behinds with little or no logic or facts to support it.

The Pats will rebuild their lines and get a no. 1 wide receiver over the next draft or two (and FA), not go for broke on Luck. Bill ain't no sucker, unfortunately.

Entirely agree, esp with Mallett being in the running for TB's job some years down the road. I like Sheppard but he most likely would have been there at the top of the 4th. Mallett should have been our pick in the 3rd. Bill's not dumb.

Entirely agree, esp with Mallett being in the running for TB's job some years down the road. I like Sheppard but he most likely would have been there at the top of the 4th. Mallett should have been our pick in the 3rd. Bill's not dumb.

So you think Sheppard would have lasted 32 more picks.

Okay.

Okay.

Hard to say for sure of course, so maybe not. But he was projected by many as a solid fourth round pick who could make it into the third. Some commentary has suggested that top of the 3rd was a bit of a reach but I acknowledge Buddy's view that if you really like a guy you just go ahead and draft him. Just saying what I would have done. Its clear that Buddy (and lots of other GM's)really did not like Mallett at all and was simply not going to draft him period. I disagree with the Bill's on this one (I'm allowed) and think Belichick saw great value even though he already has a HOF QB and a promising backup in Hoyer and even though he badly needs a pash rush. Time will tell if we did the right thing in passing on Mallett.

Everyone saying this does realize he *COULD* go back for another season yet, right? He'll have his academic degree after another year in school, but he was only a Redshirt Sophomore this year. He could play the 2011 and 2012 seasons if he really wanted.

Hard to say for sure of course, so maybe not. But he was projected by many as a solid fourth round pick who could make it into the third. Some commentary has suggested that top of the 3rd was a bit of a reach but I acknowledge Buddy's view that if you really like a guy you just go ahead and draft him. Just saying what I would have done. Its clear that Buddy (and lots of other GM's)really did not like Mallett at all and was simply not going to draft him period. I disagree with the Bill's on this one (I'm allowed) and think Belichick saw great value even though he already has a HOF QB and a promising backup in Hoyer and even though he badly needs a pash rush. Time will tell if we did the right thing in passing on Mallett.

Good points. On a related issue, I agree with those people who say that Mallett is landing in a very good situation. I think that would be less the case with the Bills.

Everyone saying this does realize he *COULD* go back for another season yet, right? He'll have his academic degree after another year in school, but he was only a Redshirt Sophomore this year. He could play the 2011 and 2012 seasons if he really wanted.

You're the first person I've seen point this out.

Andrew Luck just completed his redshirt sophomore season…but there's people out there who wouldn't mind seeing the Bills tank another season (another year of everyone's life) for the minuscule chance of having the opportunity to draft him.

There's a word for that mentality...

Okay.

Doubtful, at best. As for Mallet, he'll likely pan-out the way the majority of Pats' QB picks have under the Belichick era.

So...I guess they don't have very high hopes for the Saints and/or Pats because one or both would have to be severe disappointments in order for NE to have the ammo to make the trade.

So...I guess they don't have very high hopes for the Saints and/or Pats because one or both would have to be severe disappointments in order for NE to have the ammo to make the trade.

It was a stupid assertion. First of all, we don't know what position those 1st rounders will be. Second of all, it will take a lot of picks to trade into that spot, since other teams will try to do the same. Third, the Pats are already paying Brady a ton; they're not going to pay a 1st overall a ton as well, especially when Brady says he'll be playing for another decade.

What a loser. Please confine the deafeatist attitude to your personal life

it's not as easy to lose games as you would think.

The Bills aggressively tanked this year and yet managed to win 4 games and only get the 3rd draft pick.

why else would they have totally ignored the OTs and then not played Spiller and the defensive reinforcements they drafted

of course, they may be planning to tank, since they still have big holes at the OTs and kept their inept DC as an easy scapegoat.

However, I would expect a big improvement in 2011