QB Matt Leinart to Bills ??

papazoid

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's absolutely no way he gets even sniffed at by us. The total opposite QB needed in Buffalo.

Exactly. Plus he stinks.

Now, if the Cards let him go, which they are likely to because of his contract, they will need a veteran back-up. If Brohm looks good on Thursday, maybe the Bills can pull the trigger on a Fitz trade and get a decent back-up OL, LB or TE in return. Not that the Cards have a lot of options for us. But maybe a draft pick that can be used in another trade for solid depth.

He would be an upgrade over Fitz. I wouldn't mind him on the Bills at all.

Leinart was great in college. Fitzy isn't the most accurate guy but Leinart isn't either in the NFL. He's been checking down a lot lately which keeps his completion percentage at a decent level but other than that not too much accuracy or good consistency. I'de say both qb's are fairly on par with each other with the exception of one thing. I can see our players rallying behind a leader like Fitz but not so much behind a whiner and complainer like Leinart. Just my 2 cents.

Exactly. Plus he stinks.

Now, if the Cards let him go, which they are likely to because of his contract, they will need a veteran back-up. If Brohm looks good on Thursday, maybe the Bills can pull the trigger on a Fitz trade and get a decent back-up OL, LB or TE in return. Not that the Cards have a lot of options for us. But maybe a draft pick that can be used in another trade for solid depth.

fitz becomes #1 on the depth chart in az.

I would love to have Leinart! Not that he's going to be the next Tom Brady, but he would bring a much needed "attitude" to an already woe-full QB squad. His winning attitude reminds me of a young Jim Kelly that refused to play for a loosing organization that had no promise of moving forward at the time. We all know he has the skills to be an NFL QB, but if he get the opportunity to compete fairly, he probably will be very good. I mean, c'mon, he was second string to a future HOF in AZ, and has certainly outplayed Anderson this preseason. He is getting the shaft in AZ and, clearly, is better than any out our current QB's.

I would love to have Leinart! Not that he's going to be the next Tom Brady, but he would bring a much needed "attitude" to an already woe-full QB squad. His winning attitude reminds me of a young Jim Kelly that refused to play for a loosing organization that had no promise of moving forward at the time. We all know he has the skills to be an NFL QB, but if he get the opportunity to compete fairly, he probably will be very good. I mean, c'mon, he was second string to a future HOF in AZ, and has certainly outplayed Anderson this preseason. He is getting the shaft in AZ and, clearly, is better than any out our current QB's.

SDS, when are we getting the voting thing going?

He is by definition woe-ful, two woe-fuls does not add up to wonder-ful. Maybe dumb-ful on a good day

Edited by Frit0 Bandit0

He is by definition woe-ful, two woe-fuls does not add up to wonder-ful. Maybe dumb-ful on a good day

Perhaps you're right, but I respectfully disagree. I think the kid brings a "moxie" to a position that clearly lacks a moxie on our team. I like a leader who is pi$$ed about not being awarded a starting job when he clearly has earned it.

Exactly. Plus he stinks.

Maybe they can trade us for that turnstile LT of theirs named Gandy?

Perhaps you're right, but I respectfully disagree. I think the kid brings a "moxie" to a position that clearly lacks a moxie on our team. I like a leader who is pi$$ed about not being awarded a starting job when he clearly has earned it.

Me too. But how does this relate in any way to Leinart?

How do you get Leinart to the Bills??? from that article? Some people should not be allowed to start threads.

#1- the Bills have one of the WORST starting QB's in the NFL in Trent Edwards.

#2- i assume the braintrust at OBD also knows this and will be looking at all possibilities to upgrade the position.

#3- Matt Leinart has a contract that FORCES arizona to dump him.

#4- by most accounts he has played well enough to get the starting job.

#5- ARZ is actively shopping him, but no one will want him at his current contract.

#6- he will probably be cut by saturday, when teams go down to 53.

#7- he is still young and has UPSIDE.

#8- i happen to think he is BETTER than Trent Edwards, but not by much.

#9- he is probably an upgrade over Brohm.

#10- he might view buffalo as a legitimate place to play and eventually start.

#11- i did phrase my post in the form of a ?? question.

#12- it certainly is a possibility.

Why? He does not have a high motor?

WHY? cause he sucks!!!!!!!! Hes always sucked in the NFL. He has a crappy attitude, no work ethic and his raw talent stayed in NCAA. He sat there pouting on draft day because he was the last qb in the green room. I just do not like him, never have. His comments the other day prove hes an idiot. but just opinion, some make like him just be weary of wanting a name. We tend to do that in Buffalo.

The only moxie he has is in the hot tub.

Edited by BuffaloWings